C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

M7 throttle lag

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2018, 08:22 PM
DomLS3
Pro

Received 186 Likes on 116 Posts

Default M7 throttle lag

Hey everyone. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I've got a 2015 Z06, M7 with 2" longtubes, halltech CAI, 2.31 upper pulley and tune.

We all know about the throttle lag problem with this car. I was hoping a tune would take care of some of it, however, it didn't. I finally had enough and purchased a ported throttle body from Tony Mamo. Unfortunately, this did not fix the problem either. I can be in neutral, put my foot to the floor, release and the pedal snap back all the way before the rpms move (while sitting still). I'm moving in say 1st or 2nd gear and hit the pedal quick, say maybe half throttle and let go, there's still about a half a second of lag before the rpms move. Same with WOT.

I've got a call into Tony to see if he knows anything (left a message) and I've also got my tuner looking at the tune again to see if anything was missed. My tuner is a very reputable and very respected LS/Camaro tuner who also does LTx. Not sure how big of a difference in tuning the two are. Does anyone have any idea what it could be assuming the tune is ok and there's nothing wrong with the PTB? I had a full bolt on LS3 Camaro before this car (no tune), and the throttle was instant on it. I mean, if I was in 1st or 2nd and barely press the pedal, you were put back in your seat. On the Z06, it's almost like it barely even moves.

EDIT: I've been reading around and it looks like (at least for the A8 guys) the touring mode is worse than sport or track mode. I drive in touring mode everywhere and didn't think to try sport or track mode to test the lag. Either tonight or tomorrow I'll go for another drive and see how it is in different modes and maybe the answer is to drive in sport from now on, although I prefer the less stiff ride of touring. I've also read about doing some tuning in the driver demand tables A B and C, which after looking over my tune doesn't look like my tuner did much to. Maybe this is my issue? According to this post that table should be edited: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1595539794

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by DomLS3; 05-18-2018 at 08:56 PM.
Old 05-19-2018, 01:13 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 280 Likes on 213 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Sounds to me like traction control kicking in. It will do that on the first to second shift easily. Stalls for a half second. Try putting it in sport or been tour but turn traction control off. Leave active handling on. As long as you don’t get too sideways that will get rid of the stall. I am in competition mode ever time I take mine out hold center button down for few seconds until both lights are on in dash. Only do that if you truly understand the dynamics of the car otherwise you will end up in a tree or off the road. I am not recommending taking active handling odd. Just traction control.
Old 05-19-2018, 01:15 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 280 Likes on 213 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

GM also puts a little delay in the accelerator off floor look into the vitisse controller. I have heard mixed reviews on it. Personally I don’t experience your issue especially with traction control off. Hard to say.
Old 05-19-2018, 01:31 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,950 Likes on 5,343 Posts

Have been running my 15 Z06 on track and the street for 2.5 years and haven't experienced any throttle lag.

Bill
Old 05-19-2018, 02:26 PM
Cercone
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

This sounds like the TC kicking in. Turn off the nannies and if it still persists it sounds like you may have the torque management acting up. This could be because the tune.
Old 05-19-2018, 03:50 PM
Warp Factor
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,085 Posts

Thottle-by-wire cars tend to have a little bit of throttle lag, but the ZO6 is the most severe I have experienced, much worse than on my C5. I know exactly what you mean about giving the throttle a quick stab, and being completely back off the throttle before the car lurches forward. Kinda shocked me at first, and seemed a little dangerous, but I guess I'm learning to deal with it.

Last edited by Warp Factor; 05-19-2018 at 03:53 PM.
Old 05-21-2018, 09:54 AM
DomLS3
Pro

Received 186 Likes on 116 Posts

Still waiting on my tuner to get back with me but after I've done some more reading, I'm almost 100% certain it's in the torque management options in the tune. I'll let everyone know what happens once I get it figured out. Hopefully some tuners will chime in here and give some insight aswell.
Old 05-21-2018, 10:16 AM
badhabit_wb
Safety Car

Received 911 Likes on 727 Posts

I had a little lag in my 15 but the Tony Mamo tb fixed that. It was nothing like what you're talking about even before the tb.
Old 05-21-2018, 03:53 PM
Cercone
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by djpelosi
Still waiting on my tuner to get back with me but after I've done some more reading, I'm almost 100% certain it's in the torque management options in the tune. I'll let everyone know what happens once I get it figured out. Hopefully some tuners will chime in here and give some insight aswell.
Your tuner should be able to adjust those tables easily. Keep us updated (some had similar issues here in Houston, that’s why I mentioned it in my last post).

Get notified of new replies

To M7 throttle lag

Quick Reply: M7 throttle lag