Notices
C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cup holder problem solution!!!!!

 
Old 05-25-2019, 07:24 PM
  #61  
Stop Flop
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jan 2019
Posts: 534
Likes: 0
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Default

Thanks! If you take out the 2 bottom cups in the front and just have the handle opening will those mugs fit in the front opening?. Since velcro is still strong in the back cup i dont think it will really change the lowing of the cup holder.
dave
Stop Flop is offline  
Old 05-26-2019, 12:16 AM
  #62  
AZGASSER
CF Senior Member
 
AZGASSER's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 1,450
Received 226 Likes on 171 Posts
Default

Iíll let the picture speak for themselves


AZGASSER is offline  
Old 05-28-2019, 12:05 PM
  #63  
Stop Flop
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jan 2019
Posts: 534
Likes: 0
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Default

thanks
Stop Flop is offline  
Old 05-31-2019, 11:18 AM
  #64  
Stop Flop
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jan 2019
Posts: 534
Likes: 0
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Default

bump
Stop Flop is offline  
Old 06-02-2019, 02:37 PM
  #65  
Stop Flop
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jan 2019
Posts: 534
Likes: 0
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Default

bump
Stop Flop is offline  
Old 06-03-2019, 05:19 PM
  #66  
Stop Flop
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jan 2019
Posts: 534
Likes: 0
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Default

thanks again
Stop Flop is offline  
Old 06-03-2019, 05:24 PM
  #67  
Stop Flop
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jan 2019
Posts: 534
Likes: 0
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Default

thanks
Stop Flop is offline  
Old 06-03-2019, 05:24 PM
  #68  
RecruiterRick
CF Member
 
RecruiterRick's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2017
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 67
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Cup holder

I found it unuseable
nice idea but it is flimsy and did not seem to hold drinks any better than with out it
Without i was not having to worry about this product flooping around
I am guessing maybe some specific size product would work
The 16oz water bottles did not
Rick
RecruiterRick is offline  
Old 06-04-2019, 03:08 PM
  #69  
Stop Flop
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jan 2019
Posts: 534
Likes: 0
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Default

Hi rick and sorry your not happy with the cup holder but please allow me to mention a few facts about the product. You mention flimsy but what they are is high quality ABF heat treated plastic and could not make them any thicker as would reduce the cup opening even more. All of the 16 oz water bottles i use fit very well and even one of the photos has the 16 oz in it. You maybe using a more fancy designed water bottle with a thicker bottom that is selling the design itself but they might not go all the way to the bottom but do indeed fit, i have not as yet seen one that doesnot fit.
Were you extending the cups all the way up as when fully extended they lock into place and holds water bottles very well with out flopping. You will know they are locked when you feel a pop as this lets you know they are infact locked.
Dave
Stop Flop is offline  
Old 06-04-2019, 05:17 PM
  #70  
RecruiterRick
CF Member
 
RecruiterRick's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2017
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 67
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Stop Flop View Post
Hi rick and sorry your not happy with the cup holder but please allow me to mention a few facts about the product. You mention flimsy but what they are is high quality ABF heat treated plastic and could not make them any thicker as would reduce the cup opening even more. All of the 16 oz water bottles i use fit very well and even one of the photos has the 16 oz in it. You maybe using a more fancy designed water bottle with a thicker bottom that is selling the design itself but they might not go all the way to the bottom but do indeed fit, i have not as yet seen one that doesnot fit.
Were you extending the cups all the way up as when fully extended they lock into place and holds water bottles very well with out flopping. You will know they are locked when you feel a pop as this lets you know they are infact locked.
Dave
I was trying to use plastic bottles like one buys in store?
RecruiterRick is offline  
Old 06-07-2019, 10:38 AM
  #71  
Stop Flop
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jan 2019
Posts: 534
Likes: 0
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Default

thanks
Stop Flop is offline  
Old 06-08-2019, 05:36 PM
  #72  
Section147
Junior Member
 
Section147's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2017
Location: Westlake OH
Posts: 7
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Great innovation. Looks OEM. Does what it's supposed to do and does it well.
Simply invaluable for any C7 owner!
Section147 is offline  
Old 06-08-2019, 11:40 PM
  #73  
mmjsport
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2016
Posts: 43
Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RecruiterRick View Post
I found it unuseable
nice idea but it is flimsy and did not seem to hold drinks any better than with out it
Without i was not having to worry about this product flooping around
I am guessing maybe some specific size product would work
The 16oz water bottles did not
Rick
I think they hold drinks better but as much i hate to say negative comments about things, I have agree with it being a flimsy and feels cheap. Iím going to continue to use it though since it was over $40. Haha When I pull up and/or push down on the cup holder one side gets stuck sometimes. Also they donít go up or come down at the same time. Or sometimes one side has popped out of the other side and I had to assemble it. I think the quality could have been a lot better. The idea is fantastic though. And I know we get a ďcorvette taxĒ but the price is extremely high imo for a plastic cup holder. I bought it because overall I think itís a good idea accessory but if I would have know the quality and or saw this in person to try it before hand, I would have saved the money. Thatís just my opinion though and maybe I have a defective unit since mine kept coming apart but who knows. Iíll keep it there till something else comes up or a nice aluminum or metal version gets designed. If you ever see me in SoCal or at any meets youíre welcome to check it out and try it for yourself to make your own opinion.
mmjsport is offline  
Old 06-09-2019, 01:05 AM
  #74  
Stop Flop
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jan 2019
Posts: 534
Likes: 0
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Default

Hi Rick and i do appreciate our feed back. As mentioned i could not use any thicker plastic as would reduce the opening. If your cups are not going down evenly then you have some sugar inside from drinks which is making them stick. You can spray some water inside and move them up and down to free them up and if they are not staying up then they are not being locked into place But i tell you what, since your having an issue i will send you a new one free and will check it before sending to make sure its working ok. Let me know your ship to address either here or private message as i do stand behind the product. As mentioned if you get sugar inside the cups it will make them lower uneven. As far as the price goes it was very expensive to make these. Its a limited market and cost $8,500 just to make the molds and another $2000 for design and cad development and another $2000 for samples and then inventory and shipping. I set the best price i could. If you have ever made a plastic product then you know its very expensive also there is some value to the design and would you agree to that? In the years of the C7 no one came up with this very funtional design not even GM. I will send you another one no problem.
dave
Stop Flop is offline  
Old 06-09-2019, 01:47 AM
  #75  
mmjsport
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2016
Posts: 43
Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
Default

I appreciate you standing behind your product. And I will gladly send you my original unit if you want it to see if it was defective. (Iím not trying to get free stuff). An exchange is more than sufficient. Itís only a few days old. And I never once heard a POP noise to show itís locked. Thatís why Iím guessing mine wasnít working properly. Hopefully the new one works different/better and I will gladly report back here to update everyone if it does so. The unit has only had water bottles in it so no sugar drinks. Iíll PM you my original purchase information for shipping instructions. And as far as cost/development/pricing per unit, I honestly have no knowledge how much work goes into designing and selling something. But you seem like youíre very honest and straight forward, so if you say you priced it best you could, I do believe you. Thanks again for the response and Iíll send you a PM for further info.
mmjsport is offline  
Old 06-11-2019, 11:51 AM
  #76  
Stop Flop
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jan 2019
Posts: 534
Likes: 0
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Default

Am sending today
dav e
Stop Flop is offline  
Old 06-11-2019, 12:07 PM
  #77  
RecruiterRick
CF Member
 
RecruiterRick's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2017
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 67
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Stop Flop View Post
Hi Rick and i do appreciate our feed back. As mentioned i could not use any thicker plastic as would reduce the opening. If your cups are not going down evenly then you have some sugar inside from drinks which is making them stick. You can spray some water inside and move them up and down to free them up and if they are not staying up then they are not being locked into place But i tell you what, since your having an issue i will send you a new one free and will check it before sending to make sure its working ok. Let me know your ship to address either here or private message as i do stand behind the product. As mentioned if you get sugar inside the cups it will make them lower uneven. As far as the price goes it was very expensive to make these. Its a limited market and cost $8,500 just to make the molds and another $2000 for design and cad development and another $2000 for samples and then inventory and shipping. I set the best price i could. If you have ever made a plastic product then you know its very expensive also there is some value to the design and would you agree to that? In the years of the C7 no one came up with this very funtional design not even GM. I will send you another one no problem.
dave
Stop
I appreciate the offer. Mine is not a sticking issue it is the standard 16 oz water bottles do not seem to fit the bottom is just too big. As is the case with the previous post I am not trying to get anything for free. I will try again to figure out what size bottle fits
as I said before neat idea and no doubt a fun project and hope you got your 8,500 back - maybe GM will steal your idea for the C8
Rick
RecruiterRick is offline  
Old 06-11-2019, 10:06 PM
  #78  
AZGASSER
CF Senior Member
 
AZGASSER's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 1,450
Received 226 Likes on 171 Posts
Default

I ended up taking the lower two pieces from the front holder and cut the leading edge vertically. This allowed the 30oz Yeti steel tumblers to fit along with larger cups. Left the back intact for smaller drinks. I also recommend using a smaller piece of Velcro if you plan on taking it out from time to time. Mine was a PITA with the larger piece in place.




Not perfect but that was my only option at this point.


Last edited by AZGASSER; 06-11-2019 at 10:09 PM.
AZGASSER is offline  
Old 06-13-2019, 04:40 PM
  #79  
Stop Flop
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jan 2019
Posts: 534
Likes: 0
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Default

Thats a good solution!
Stop Flop is offline  
Old 06-13-2019, 04:48 PM
  #80  
Stop Flop
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Jan 2019
Posts: 534
Likes: 0
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mmjsport View Post
I appreciate you standing behind your product. And I will gladly send you my original unit if you want it to see if it was defective. (Iím not trying to get free stuff). An exchange is more than sufficient. Itís only a few days old. And I never once heard a POP noise to show itís locked. Thatís why Iím guessing mine wasnít working properly. Hopefully the new one works different/better and I will gladly report back here to update everyone if it does so. The unit has only had water bottles in it so no sugar drinks. Iíll PM you my original purchase information for shipping instructions. And as far as cost/development/pricing per unit, I honestly have no knowledge how much work goes into designing and selling something. But you seem like youíre very honest and straight forward, so if you say you priced it best you could, I do believe you. Thanks again for the response and Iíll send you a PM for further info.
Hi i sent the replacement today and messged you the tracking and it works perfect
dave
Stop Flop is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cup holder problem solution!!!!!


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: