Notices
C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Soler Performance throttle body question

Old 06-21-2019, 02:21 PM
C7/Z06 Man
CF Senior Member

Received 324 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
We've just got a Camaro SS (LT1) customer reporting a 12 HP gain with our TB. Would love to claim it, but we know it is not the TB, it is the Dyno.

So, you are absolutely right. BTW, the tip in improvement is due to power gains at part throttle. Notice when you come right off idle you are using very few HP's in the (10's) if you get a few more HP's there they mean a lot percentage wise. This is what I'd really like to Dyno.
I agree, accept for the amount of HP;From my seat of the pants experience with ported TBs the 'off idle' improvement takes more than just a 'few HP' moving a 3600 lb. plus with driver car and from what I read this new one is even better.

I have tried the Katech (with the machine down throttle shaft and CNC porting) which I added additional porting too and I also tried a 'out of the box' ZR1 95 mm throttle body with the adapter/spacer (no check engine light with either) looking for 'improved performance' in the 1/4 mile, Well I was wrong! So I reinstalled the stocker to go with the factory tune. I have an A8 so I really did not have a stumble problem, just needed to apply more pedal if I wanted to accelerate faster. However I have to say that both TBs 'delivered' on the off idle performance.

Last edited by C7/Z06 Man; 06-21-2019 at 02:39 PM.
Old 06-21-2019, 02:44 PM
[email protected]
Supporting Vendor

Received 140 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by C7/Z06 Man View Post
I agree, accept for the amount of HP;From my seat of the pants experience with ported TBs the 'off idle' improvement takes more than just a 'few HP' moving a 3600 lb. plus with driver car and from what I read this new one is even better.

I have tried the Katech (with the machine down throttle shaft and CNC porting) which I added additional porting too and I also tried a 'out of the box' ZR1 95 mm throttle body with the adapter/spacer (no check engine light with either) looking for 'improved performance' in the 1/4 mile, Well I was wrong! So I reinstalled the stocker to go with the factory tune. I have an A8 so I really did not have a stumble problem, just needed to apply more pedal if I wanted to accelerate faster. However I have to say that both TBs 'delivered' on the off idle performance.
Makes sense, all the aftermarket PTB's we reverse engineered do not react until you hit about 25% throttle, ours react right off idle. Those grooves you see in our design running axially go down to find the blade down low and give the engine some extra air right off idle.
www.solerengineering.com

Last edited by [email protected]; 06-21-2019 at 02:45 PM.
Old 06-30-2019, 01:41 PM
[email protected]
Supporting Vendor

Received 140 Likes on 78 Posts
Default Free premium vinyl decals

*REPOST FROM ANOTHER THREAD FOR VISIBILITY*

Hello everyone, for a limited time we are giving away premium 3M "Soler Performance" Vinyl decals that can be applied safely to your car and are made with durability/quality in mind. This would be at no cost to you (shipping included).

If you are interested in one of these, please PM us here or via social media. Please include any social media tag name (e.g. @yourname, @solerperformance (ours), etc..). If you do not have any social media account(s), we ask to send us a picture with it on so we can feature in our website/Instagram/Facebook. More colors/letterings/styles/logos will be available in the near future for purchase or upon special request. For now, the only color available is white. LIMITED QUANTITIES and will be on a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS. We will do a second round giveaway when a new batch arrives. #FeelTheDifference

(Apologies for the unwashed car, due to the high number of orders... The Soler Performace Corvette has been left unpampered. Also super excited for the giveaway and we wanted to waste no time).

Cheers,
www.solerengineering.com
Old 07-11-2019, 02:55 PM
QwikSilvr
CF Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmith512 View Post
It will be the most satisfying 15 minute install of your life. I promise, the result is transformational. I went from "Seriously!? This is what I have to live with!?" with the stock TB, to "OMG I LOVE THIS CAR!" with the Soler MTB.
Exactly! I put mine on yesterday, didn't do any reset, just jumped in the car and began to drive it. I noticed a considerable difference within 30 or 40 miles. Transformed the car nearly instantly. Over the next couple of weeks, I anticipate that it will only get better. WELL worth the price of entry!!!

Frank
Old 07-11-2019, 03:42 PM
Scoobydoobydoo
CF Senior Member

Received 207 Likes on 182 Posts

Is it really that much better than the Mamo ?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Soler Performance throttle body question

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: