C7 Z06 Discussion General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LT4 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: GEM Motorsports

Porting LT4 SC and extras- input appreciated.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2023, 04:46 AM
Nox Aquilae
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porting LT4 SC and extras- input appreciated.

Greetings all-

I have a 2017 Z06 A8. Never sees a road course but would be open to taking it to the strip for a few fun runs on occasion (not trying to compete or anything serious)- that being said, it is 99% a street car and not a DD either.

I have taken care of the known anomalies with the trans flush/shudder and threw on a range device until I can get a tune. Also did the mag ride update which I must say really changed the car for the better!

I have done the BMS filter and have a 3” catless x-pipe but I am in search of more as always.

I am thinking of going with:

Kong Stage X Port
2.31 pulley
103 TB
Big Gulp/ 5” intake
Tune

I am not sold on the pulley yet. I want to keep her pump gas because the whole flex fuel thing while appealing doesn’t sound fun trying to calculate what % I have and my understanding is we are limited on the stock fuel components to E50 and my simple brain still cannot wrap my head around the ethanol thing. I’d be willing to do it if required for this set up though.

That being said, if a pulley is not the worst idea in the world on pump gas I would do it for the power bump. I am willing to run the factory pulleys as well if that’s a better option with this set up. The car is a weekend driver at sea level. I don’t want to mess with meth/fuel system.

Is this a reasonably safe set up, or do I save my money and get the Soler TB and be done with the car as is.

I appreciate y’all’s input and advice. This place has been a godsend so far with all the info provided. Thank you!
Old 03-01-2023, 09:37 AM
Harbgrogan
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 44 Posts

There are a lot of apps you can use to read the ethanol percentage.
The only thing I see missing are headers or down pipes, those front cats are restrictive.
Good luck with the build!
Old 03-01-2023, 12:04 PM
Bschwingy
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Harb the flex fuel stuff isn't as hard as you think. Once you fill up a couple times it will become second nature. The setup your looking at doing a buddy has that and the car performs beautifully, and is safe/reliable.

it will be a fun setup
Old 03-01-2023, 02:09 PM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,517 Likes on 1,034 Posts

I can tell you that when I had my Z06 set-up for E 85 it was one of the best things I've done with the car. It made a huge difference.
The following users liked this post:
Chalky (03-02-2023)
Old 03-01-2023, 11:02 PM
Nox Aquilae
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the replies fellas. Which header would you recommend to mate with a BBE x-pipe? I see the Kooks require their own x-pipe.
Old 03-02-2023, 01:29 AM
Bschwingy
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best bet would be to buy kooks or arh, and sell the x pipe. If you really want to keep the x pipe I think the only option would be cat delete pipes such as the afe brand ones.
Old 03-02-2023, 02:38 PM
9sec
Melting Slicks

Received 732 Likes on 479 Posts

I would consider a ati balancer and s/c pulley vs a smaller upper pulley. more choices and better wrap. p3 vent gauge can be setup top read ethanol makes mixing much easier

Get notified of new replies

To Porting LT4 SC and extras- input appreciated.

Quick Reply: Porting LT4 SC and extras- input appreciated.