Time to Kill Nurburgring Lap Record Reporting - Page 8 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C7 Corvette > C7 ZR1 Discussion
Reload this Page >

Time to Kill Nurburgring Lap Record Reporting

Notices
C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Time to Kill Nurburgring Lap Record Reporting

Old 11-11-2018, 01:39 PM
  #141  
Dave Schotz
CF Senior Member
 
Dave Schotz's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2000
Location: Chandler AZ
Posts: 1,583
Thanked 46 Times in 39 Posts
Default

This may be the least accurate post you've written, but I didn't have the time to fact check all of your nonsense... but since you've put it out there, I'll be your Huckleberry!
Originally Posted by Telepierre View Post
:-) Yes Dave...you ordered the RS in April, thank you for sharing that. Speaking of accuracy, you obviously missed my statement since it mentions dates you started posting/pitching your intent to order an RS not the date you ordered the RS. I am sure one morning April 18 you had an epiphany and walked down the Porsche dealer and ordered one.. ;-)
You keep bringing this up, in some sort of attempt to justify your BS claims... the fact is... you tried to call me out like I did or didn't have an RS coming... yet, when searching for my user name and the word GT3RS... I never even mentioned the car... until April... and my Allocation was confirmed in May. So yeah, when the car was announced... I put my name on the list with my local dealer. You might want to look up when I stated I would get a ZR1 also... that was closer to December 2017... here, let me state I'll probably get the next GT4 and the next GT3 as well... so you can somehow use this to distract for the topic at hand.

Originally Posted by Telepierre View Post
Anyway, this "RS pitch" thing is not a big deal...accuracy does have it's cost and, unlike analyzing the EPA's weight measuring standards and table's of weights and measures to find out the REAL weights of the 2018 GT3 and GT2RS, it's certainly not worth combing the CF for your postings on RS pitching. I SPECULATE you started the RS selling right before/after the Porsche GT3RS announcements on the fake ring times.
... but I think we can agree that at least "my conspiracy theories" turned true are beneficial to the CF discussion for everybody's benefit..
I mean look at Dave's postings and accuracy now versus a year ago..

Dave's weight delta GT3RS - ZR1: 600 pounds in September 17. 300 pounds in November 18.
Dave's take on GT2RS and GT3RS tires for Nurb fake record: 'conspiracy theory' Sept 17. "OK..they do exist and they are legit (stock) Feb/march 18. OK..they are not legit (yet), they are used in tests only but that does not matter because they are not as good as people think.. Nov. 18.
None of your conspiracy theories turned true...
First off... I never even posted in September 2017! I tried to find one and couldn't...(now I'm not quite the expert forum/internet searcher as you claim to be, so please feel free to provide the links to my 600lb lighter statement for a GT2RS). I have always stated 300lbs for the GT2RS and 400lbs for the GT3RS... do you know why I was able to state this, without reading a magazine article? Is because I weighed my GT3 (3100lbs empty, 3230 full) and saw what other people were achieving for their ZR1's... 3550 to 3700. So it was pretty easy to conclude... yet here's your post just a couple months back:

Yes, let's look at my quotes from a year ago... and let's not forget yours from just a couple months ago... Unlike you... I've personally WEIGHED my GT3 and others posted their ZR1 weights... (prior to Mags releasing the weights). You continue to 'hide' behind these published standards testing... much like all of your information is based on what you 'read' published by 'someone else'! Yet... when the 'real world' published data doesn't meet your expectations... you try to change the conversation.

Here's your post just 2 months ago:
Originally Posted by Telepierre View Post
My weight pitch remains unchanged.
At options parity (no weissach and stripping) on GT2RS side and (1ZR package) on ZR1 side: less than 100 pounds.
At no options parity (weissach & Stripping) on GT2RS side and (3ZR package) on ZR1 side: 200 pounds.
So, please, correct the mags that are now testing 'fully loaded GT2RS' vs. ZR1's... and the weight delta is almost 300lbs... (and not stripped), no where near your 'less than 100lbs quote'... maybe you meant KiloGrams? And the GT3RS (and GT3) is another 100 to 150lbs lighter than the GT2RS.

You were WAY OFF on your weight...just like much of your post ramblings.

Originally Posted by Telepierre View Post
So I am opening another GT2RS vs ZR1 "front" on you Dave and this time I really thing the CF can leverage your racing skills as well as Porsche knowledge on this one as it is my understanding it is all about maintaining optimal (RPM) speeds throughout.

Pre amble and Q: The GT2RS press kit mentions the spray kit is engaged/triggered by different parameters. The one that caught my attention was the triggering at the 3000RPM mark. This is irrelevant of throttle position and air temperatures. So Correct if I am wrong: GT2RS 2x nozzles per interchangers 125ml x minute (when engaged >3000) = 500ml per minute. 5 liter tank = 10 minutes above 3000 RPM. After that, in a race context, it is immediate nannies for 25% power reduction. Not clear what happens after that..

Q: One on one GT2RS vs ZR1 any track for more that an heroes' lap..let's say 15/25 minute "race". Can a racer manage to beat a ZR1 by keeping below 3000 RPM? How would a racer reconcile a ten minute tank with a 15/25 minute session against the ZR1? Keep below 3000 RPM and wait for the Zr1 to overheat and pull timing? Then catch up? Install a 30 liter tank/modding?

Assuming marginal driving skills deltas..what would be your race strategy?
This is a perfect question poised by you... it uses only data 'written in a press release kit' for you to work towards forming a fact behind. And while I doubt there is any sincerity in your question... I'll take the bait, and share the strategy... The Corvette won't last a 25 minute full out session on the stock fuel tank... and the GT2RS will. However, if both cars were to go 25 minutes... We've already seen proof that the ZR1 loses power 'warm'... and history tells us 'superchargers' use/lose more power than turbochargers as they get hot. Then assume the tires on the 3,650lb car falling off more considerably than the tires on a 3,350lb car.

Dave
Dave Schotz is offline  
Old 11-11-2018, 01:41 PM
  #142  
Dave Schotz
CF Senior Member
 
Dave Schotz's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2000
Location: Chandler AZ
Posts: 1,583
Thanked 46 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by heavychevy View Post
agree, especially with the poor scheduling. Test day on Thursday, twiddle fingers all day Friday until one session at the very END of the day. Then compete Sat. Sun. Screw that if you are learning a new track. I'll go because I know mid Ohio already. At least one weekend worth.
How far is the haul for you? Are you pretty close?

And yeah, the TT schedule is pretty brutal.. thus why I enjoy wheel to wheel at Nationals, we just get so much more track time. I truly enjoy Mid-Ohio, and haven't been in some time, so that is in the bucket of 'go do it'... but when considering the costs to haul to and from... if just for TT... I may be better off renting a ride and bringing a set of tires & brakes.

Best Regards,
Dave
Dave Schotz is offline  
Old 11-11-2018, 01:45 PM
  #143  
heavychevy
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2005
Location: Road Atlanta You do the MATH!
Posts: 4,325
Thanked 136 Times in 89 Posts
Default

Telepierre, when discussing whole sessions, you can't mention the GT2's spray tank without mentioning the propensity of the ZR1 to lose several mph and seconds on track based on weather conditions and pre heating. What was it 11 mph in the real world vs GM test times? The GT2 won't fall off that much. Both have something going against them.

​​​​​
heavychevy is offline  
Old 11-11-2018, 03:28 PM
  #144  
heavychevy
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2005
Location: Road Atlanta You do the MATH!
Posts: 4,325
Thanked 136 Times in 89 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Dave Schotz View Post
How far is the haul for you? Are you pretty close?

And yeah, the TT schedule is pretty brutal.. thus why I enjoy wheel to wheel at Nationals, we just get so much more track time. I truly enjoy Mid-Ohio, and haven't been in some time, so that is in the bucket of 'go do it'... but when considering the costs to haul to and from... if just for TT... I may be better off renting a ride and bringing a set of tires & brakes.

Best Regards,
Dave
10 hrs. I skipped Watkins Glen because of that horrible schedule. Im not paying for an extra day of lodging and travel to be a spectator. I'll go to mild Ohio in April and maybe August. Might even leave my car up there for nationals. I left a lot of time on the table last time I was up there.
heavychevy is offline  
Old 11-11-2018, 09:47 PM
  #145  
Telepierre
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Telepierre's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,248
Thanked 99 Times in 75 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by heavychevy View Post
Telepierre, when discussing whole sessions, you can't mention the GT2's spray tank without mentioning the propensity of the ZR1 to lose several mph and seconds on track based on weather conditions and pre heating. What was it 11 mph in the real world vs GM test times? The GT2 won't fall off that much. Both have something going against them.

​​​​​
[color=left=#000000]Can a racer manage to beat a ZR1 by keeping below 3000 RPM? How would a racer reconcile a ten minute tank with a 15/25 minute session against the ZR1? Keep below 3000 RPM and wait for the Zr1 to overheat and pull timing? [/color]

So all cars are affected by temperature and humidity variations. Given the above, that factor was already baked in the question. One race two cars, same temperature and humidity for both. Also both cars forced injected with negligible differences in efficiency coefficients if you are looking at power delivery Turbo vs S/C.

So to rephrase and genuinely re ask: GT2RS Power curve/RPM says sprayer starts past 215HP. I actually read that the sprayer is baked in the DIN power rating @ 20Cs. So it's not like you have 690 SAE and then the sprayer gives you more..but rather you have 690 at 20C with sprayer and then higher temps and lack of sprayer takes it down.
So again, both cars "loosing" power due to physics. How do you manage that spray tank to win? All I read so far is stay in the back and wait for the ZR1 engine to blow up or the tires to blow up... is that it?
Telepierre is offline  
Old 11-11-2018, 10:05 PM
  #146  
NSFW
CF Senior Member
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2017
Posts: 358
Thanked 30 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by UnhandledException View Post
Also, speaking from personal observation. The entire water being sprayed into intercooler/intake manifold is a nobel idea but its currently not without problems. BMW M4 GTS is one of the first production cars to offer this and [....]
Subaru offered it on their STI as well, about 15 years ago.
NSFW is offline  
Old 11-11-2018, 10:08 PM
  #147  
heavychevy
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2005
Location: Road Atlanta You do the MATH!
Posts: 4,325
Thanked 136 Times in 89 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Telepierre View Post
[color=left=#000000]Can a racer manage to beat a ZR1 by keeping below 3000 RPM? How would a racer reconcile a ten minute tank with a 15/25 minute session against the ZR1? Keep below 3000 RPM and wait for the Zr1 to overheat and pull timing? [/color]

So all cars are affected by temperature and humidity variations. Given the above, that factor was already baked in the question. One race two cars, same temperature and humidity for both. Also both cars forced injected with negligible differences in efficiency coefficients if you are looking at power delivery Turbo vs S/C.

So to rephrase and genuinely re ask: GT2RS Power curve/RPM says sprayer starts past 215HP. I actually read that the sprayer is baked in the DIN power rating @ 20Cs. So it's not like you have 690 SAE and then the sprayer gives you more..but rather you have 690 at 20C with sprayer and then higher temps and lack of sprayer takes it down.
So again, both cars "loosing" power due to physics. How do you manage that spray tank to win? All I read so far is stay in the back and wait for the ZR1 engine to blow up or the tires to blow up... is that it?
Because your assumption is that they all lose the same amount based on temps which is just not true. The GT2 isn't going to lose 3 seconds worth of lap time (due to heat alone) like the ZR1 has in GM's own testing. GM has already proven inadequacy with cooling on the C7 platform. While it may not go into limp mode, it's not just normal range of loss now. You are factoring in false criteria.

Last edited by heavychevy; 11-11-2018 at 10:08 PM.
heavychevy is offline  
Old 11-11-2018, 11:58 PM
  #148  
Telepierre
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Telepierre's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,248
Thanked 99 Times in 75 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Dave Schotz View Post
This may be the least accurate post you've written, but I didn't have the time to fact check all of your nonsense... but since you've put it out there, I'll be your Huckleberry!

You keep bringing this up, in some sort of attempt to justify your BS claims... the fact is... you tried to call me out like I did or didn't have an RS coming... yet, when searching for my user name and the word GT3RS... I never even mentioned the car... until April... and my Allocation was confirmed in May. So yeah, when the car was announced... I put my name on the list with my local dealer. You might want to look up when I stated I would get a ZR1 also... that was closer to December 2017... here, let me state I'll probably get the next GT4 and the next GT3 as well... so you can somehow use this to distract for the topic at hand.



None of your conspiracy theories turned true...
First off... I never even posted in September 2017! I tried to find one and couldn't...(now I'm not quite the expert forum/internet searcher as you claim to be, so please feel free to provide the links to my 600lb lighter statement for a GT2RS). I have always stated 300lbs for the GT2RS and 400lbs for the GT3RS... do you know why I was able to state this, without reading a magazine article? Is because I weighed my GT3 (3100lbs empty, 3230 full) and saw what other people were achieving for their ZR1's... 3550 to 3700. So it was pretty easy to conclude... yet here's your post just a couple months back:

Yes, let's look at my quotes from a year ago... and let's not forget yours from just a couple months ago... Unlike you... I've personally WEIGHED my GT3 and others posted their ZR1 weights... (prior to Mags releasing the weights). You continue to 'hide' behind these published standards testing... much like all of your information is based on what you 'read' published by 'someone else'! Yet... when the 'real world' published data doesn't meet your expectations... you try to change the conversation.

Here's your post just 2 months ago:

So, please, correct the mags that are now testing 'fully loaded GT2RS' vs. ZR1's... and the weight delta is almost 300lbs... (and not stripped), no where near your 'less than 100lbs quote'... maybe you meant KiloGrams? And the GT3RS (and GT3) is another 100 to 150lbs lighter than the GT2RS.

You were WAY OFF on your weight...just like much of your post ramblings.



This is a perfect question poised by you... it uses only data 'written in a press release kit' for you to work towards forming a fact behind. And while I doubt there is any sincerity in your question... I'll take the bait, and share the strategy... The Corvette won't last a 25 minute full out session on the stock fuel tank... and the GT2RS will. However, if both cars were to go 25 minutes... We've already seen proof that the ZR1 loses power 'warm'... and history tells us 'superchargers' use/lose more power than turbochargers as they get hot. Then assume the tires on the 3,650lb car falling off more considerably than the tires on a 3,350lb car.

Dave
So to recap on where we have been and we are now.

September 17 Porsche strips 449 pounds of weight and adds 120 horsepower to a 911 turbo S and posts a 31 second improvement on previous generation and calls it a record and the same day it sells 1000 cars on the spot. BAM!

DRM (Dave Racer Mag lover) hails it has the quintessential German engineering feat and offers free subscriptions to MT, C&D, and Auto Sport for their coverage of a GT2RS getting tanked and achieving 357 KM/H on a dyno.

TEC (telepierre Engineer Consultant) in the mean time is feeling really sorry for Tadge because for all his chops busting has only been able to strip 99 pounds out of the C6 going all aluminum with some magnesium.

Porsche says 449 pounds is german piece of cake. 17 pounds magnesium roof, 17 pounds wheels, 17 pounds titanium exhaust, 17 pounds seats and 60 pounds of weissach package..and four grams of paddle shifting shaving (not a joke). Yes the math does not square off..who cares…6:47 baby!! Next time full carbon chassis..

TEC points out Porsche math does not square,

PGCF (Porsche German Conspiracy Forum) points out Porsche math does not square.

Porsche says they found another 17 pounds of harnessing, 40 pounds of A/C and 50 Pounds of infotainment stuff.. they agree to disclose it on the second version of the record.

TEC says OK we are getting somewhere now.. still missing 300 pounds but improving..

PGCF is not content though, FRITZ took a picture of the car, did some magic and out of the BLUE a new prototype tire is born. The CUP 2 R.

TEC is still looking for 300 pounds. TEC starts scavenging weights with his modest engineering consultancy qualifications.

PGCF grabs its gonads and asks Kern..hey! why did you guys did not tell us about the CUP 2 R?? Instead of playing tre monti and point out Texas (Slow) Joe had regular CUP 2s?

Kern says “they forgot” and no big deal because CUP 2 R are on the way anyway..so ..as they say business is business...

PGCF starts CUP 2 R clock count down. They start with days but then add months and years.

TEC is clueless on tires because he is still trying to figure out 3709 pounds 911 TTS turned into 3240 zerman V2 rocket.
TEC also has professional dilemma. TEC feeds family on engineering knowledge and friends.Trust self or Porsche and magazines? TEC reads Porsche guys in jail for benzin software trick. TEC reads Porsche VP takes GT2RS money but does not give car.. TEC trusts own.
TEC finds official GT2RS weight. Official GT2RS weight not zerman V2 rocket weight..

EPA weight on CF.

DRM thinks it is TEC weight. DRM not happy with TEC. DRM says Porsche weight is correct. DRM has GT3.

TEC says weight is not TEC. It is EPA.TEC says Porsche does legal trick with DIN weight. TEC says Porsche says potato in USA but in USA it is potatoe.

DRM says EPA full of boloni. DRM says german DIN good. USA SAE bad. DRM says magazine and Porsche good. EPA = boloni.

TEC says Porsche & VW told EPA full of boloni for benzin trick but now VW & Porsche pays EPA a lot of mulla because EPA is not full of boloni. TEC now happy. Found missing 300 pounds in GT2RS.

PGCF CUP 2 R clock run down hits 6 months

GT2RS starts US magazine tour!

GT2RS thinks PGCF is kaput and drunk in October fest.

PGCF sends mole code named Skank and embed with (CMTM) candy man trusted magazine tour. Skank secretly takes pictures of CUP 2 R on GT2RS.

CMTM conducts counterguerrilla and unleashes the PTM-kraken name Pobst-sky.
Corvette does not like Pobst-sky. Corvette not happy CMTM hot weather trick. Corvette happy CMTM not bad for ZR1 money to pay for ME.

Porsche not happy money for ME went to EPA.

CMTM not happy Porsche money went to EPA.

DRM happy with CMTM.

DRM happy race with GT3RS.

TEC happy DRM races RS.

TEC found 300 pounds….

PGCF CUP 2 R clock count down hits 12 months

Last edited by Telepierre; 11-12-2018 at 12:10 AM.
Telepierre is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Telepierre For This Useful Post:
Lavender (11-12-2018)
Old 11-12-2018, 12:22 AM
  #149  
heavychevy
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2005
Location: Road Atlanta You do the MATH!
Posts: 4,325
Thanked 136 Times in 89 Posts
Default

heavychevy is offline  
Old 11-12-2018, 12:26 AM
  #150  
Rinaldo Catria
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Dec 2017
Posts: 440
Thanked 108 Times in 75 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Telepierre View Post
So to recap on where we have been and we are now.

September 17 Porsche strips 449 pounds of weight and adds 120 horsepower to a 911 turbo S and posts a 31 second improvement on previous generation and calls it a record and the same day it sells 1000 cars on the spot. BAM!

DRM (Dave Racer Mag lover) hails it has the quintessential German engineering feat and offers free subscriptions to MT, C&D, and Auto Sport for their coverage of a GT2RS getting tanked and achieving 357 KM/H on a dyno.

TEC (telepierre Engineer Consultant) in the mean time is feeling really sorry for Tadge because for all his chops busting has only been able to strip 99 pounds out of the C6 going all aluminum with some magnesium.

Porsche says 449 pounds is german piece of cake. 17 pounds magnesium roof, 17 pounds wheels, 17 pounds titanium exhaust, 17 pounds seats and 60 pounds of weissach package..and four grams of paddle shifting shaving (not a joke). Yes the math does not square off..who cares…6:47 baby!! Next time full carbon chassis..

TEC points out Porsche math does not square,

PGCF (Porsche German Conspiracy Forum) points out Porsche math does not square.

Porsche says they found another 17 pounds of harnessing, 40 pounds of A/C and 50 Pounds of infotainment stuff.. they agree to disclose it on the second version of the record.

TEC says OK we are getting somewhere now.. still missing 300 pounds but improving..

PGCF is not content though, FRITZ took a picture of the car, did some magic and out of the BLUE a new prototype tire is born. The CUP 2 R.

TEC is still looking for 300 pounds. TEC starts scavenging weights with his modest engineering consultancy qualifications.

PGCF grabs its gonads and asks Kern..hey! why did you guys did not tell us about the CUP 2 R?? Instead of playing tre monti and point out Texas (Slow) Joe had regular CUP 2s?

Kern says “they forgot” and no big deal because CUP 2 R are on the way anyway..so ..as they say business is business...

PGCF starts CUP 2 R clock count down. They start with days but then add months and years.

TEC is clueless on tires because he is still trying to figure out 3709 pounds 911 TTS turned into 3240 zerman V2 rocket.
TEC also has professional dilemma. TEC feeds family on engineering knowledge and friends.Trust self or Porsche and magazines? TEC reads Porsche guys in jail for benzin software trick. TEC reads Porsche VP takes GT2RS money but does not give car.. TEC trusts own.
TEC finds official GT2RS weight. Official GT2RS weight not zerman V2 rocket weight..

EPA weight on CF.

DRM thinks it is TEC weight. DRM not happy with TEC. DRM says Porsche weight is correct. DRM has GT3.

TEC says weight is not TEC. It is EPA.TEC says Porsche does legal trick with DIN weight. TEC says Porsche says potato in USA but in USA it is potatoe.

DRM says EPA full of boloni. DRM says german DIN good. USA SAE bad. DRM says magazine and Porsche good. EPA = boloni.

TEC says Porsche & VW told EPA full of boloni for benzin trick but now VW & Porsche pays EPA a lot of mulla because EPA is not full of boloni. TEC now happy. Found missing 300 pounds in GT2RS.

PGCF CUP 2 R clock run down hits 6 months

GT2RS starts US magazine tour!

GT2RS thinks PGCF is kaput and drunk in October fest.

PGCF sends mole code named Skank and embed with (CMTM) candy man trusted magazine tour. Skank secretly takes pictures of CUP 2 R on GT2RS.

CMTM conducts counterguerrilla and unleashes the PTM-kraken name Pobst-sky.
Corvette does not like Pobst-sky. Corvette not happy CMTM hot weather trick. Corvette happy CMTM not bad for ZR1 money to pay for ME.

Porsche not happy money for ME went to EPA.

CMTM not happy Porsche money went to EPA.

DRM happy with CMTM.

DRM happy race with GT3RS.

TEC happy DRM races RS.

TEC found 300 pounds….

PGCF CUP 2 R clock count down hits 12 months
Rinaldo Catria is offline  
Old 11-12-2018, 02:26 AM
  #151  
johnglenntwo
CF Senior Member
 
johnglenntwo's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2010
Location: Beaverton OR
Posts: 6,511
Thanked 141 Times in 125 Posts
Default I had it on my 84 300ZX! ;)

Originally Posted by heavychevy View Post
Amazing; deserved

Your temperature conjecturing is probably right. There clearly are reasons to doubt you though.

Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
Subaru offered it on their STI as well, about 15 years ago.
johnglenntwo is offline  
Old 11-12-2018, 06:12 AM
  #152  
heavychevy
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2005
Location: Road Atlanta You do the MATH!
Posts: 4,325
Thanked 136 Times in 89 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by johnglenntwo View Post
Amazing; deserved

Your temperature conjecturing is probably right. There clearly are reasons to doubt you though.
What are said reasons? I have seen nothing to contradict it
heavychevy is offline  
Old 11-12-2018, 06:24 AM
  #153  
Telepierre
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Telepierre's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,248
Thanked 99 Times in 75 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by heavychevy View Post
What are said reasons? I have seen nothing to contradict it
Lack of conjecture contradiction does not validate the conjecture.

First the conjecture has to graduate to theory then once validated it can make it to fact. Then we can start contradicting the facts with equally validated counter facts.

Conjecture level is fun though..green man on the moon kind of stuff..
Telepierre is offline  
Old 11-12-2018, 09:18 AM
  #154  
heavychevy
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2005
Location: Road Atlanta You do the MATH!
Posts: 4,325
Thanked 136 Times in 89 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Telepierre View Post
Lack of conjecture contradiction does not validate the conjecture.

First the conjecture has to graduate to theory then once validated it can make it to fact. Then we can start contradicting the facts with equally validated counter facts.

Conjecture level is fun though..green man on the moon kind of stuff..
Sorry you misconstrue facts as conjecture unless Tadge says it.

Facts......
Andy Pilgrim ZR1 NCM 2:05.59

Also Andy Pilgrim ZR1 NCM 2:08.77

Pilgrim had collided with something. He spent the lap yelling over the screaming exhaust, trying to convince the nice lady on the other end of the line that he was just fine, all while on his way to a lap of 2:08.77. The time was still exceptionally fast considering the ambient temperature was now in the 90s, and it landed the ZR1 smack between the GT2 RS and 720S. Pilgrim had, weeks before, set MSP’s official production car track record of 2:05.59 in a different ZR1; he put the time difference on this run down to seeing lower speeds on the straights, most likely due to the temperature being 35 degrees hotter, and this test car’s automatic transmission not always giving him the lower gears he wanted. (He set the lap record in a manual-gearbox car.)
Factory GM driver.




So what exactly is conjecture again?
heavychevy is offline  
Old 11-12-2018, 09:56 AM
  #155  
punky
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2016
Posts: 320
Thanked 74 Times in 48 Posts
Default

I saw a GT3 RS yesterday at a car show parked beside a C7 Z06, what a joke. The GT3 looked like one of those rechargeable kids cars they have at Sams Club. Hard to grasp why some guys worship these absurdly priced go carts.
punky is offline  
Old 11-12-2018, 11:53 AM
  #156  
johnglenntwo
CF Senior Member
 
johnglenntwo's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2010
Location: Beaverton OR
Posts: 6,511
Thanked 141 Times in 125 Posts
Default Exactly! ;)

Originally Posted by heavychevy View Post
Sorry you misconstrue facts as conjecture unless Tadge says it.

Facts......
Andy Pilgrim ZR1 NCM 2:05.59

Also Andy Pilgrim ZR1 NCM 2:08.77



Factory GM driver.




So what exactly is conjecture again?
You and your style! But you clearly, by definition, buried yourself again!

Hint YOU highlighted part of the story. He wasn't comfortable with the auto either!!!(also he used Race Mode in the Grandsport down your way!?)
Conjecture and
johnglenntwo is offline  
Old 11-12-2018, 12:41 PM
  #157  
heavychevy
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2005
Location: Road Atlanta You do the MATH!
Posts: 4,325
Thanked 136 Times in 89 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by johnglenntwo View Post
You and your style! But you clearly, by definition, buried yourself again!

Hint YOU highlighted part of the story. He wasn't comfortable with the auto either!!!(also he used Race Mode in the Grandsport down your way!?)
Conjecture and
What did he attribute the time gap to Johnglenn? It's bold print, right there. Read it. Or are you going to claim to know more about the car Andy drove than Andy himself. An auto isn't going to cost him 3 seconds now is it? Even though I've been one of the only people here pointing out that the auto tends to search for gears and the manual seems to be faster on track.


BTW you demand videos from other people, has anyone seen any videos of you driving? I'm starting to doubt whether you actually drive on track or are just a Google keyboard warrior like most of the people arguing in here.
heavychevy is offline  
Old 11-12-2018, 01:40 PM
  #158  
Telepierre
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Telepierre's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,248
Thanked 99 Times in 75 Posts
Default

I think I have contributed enough to this subject.

Cheers guys.
Telepierre is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Telepierre For This Useful Post:
johnglenntwo (11-12-2018)
Old 11-13-2018, 11:31 AM
  #159  
johnglenntwo
CF Senior Member
 
johnglenntwo's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2010
Location: Beaverton OR
Posts: 6,511
Thanked 141 Times in 125 Posts
Default Moot point! ;)

Originally Posted by heavychevy View Post
What did he attribute the time gap to Johnglenn? It's bold print, right there. Read it. Or are you going to claim to know more about the car Andy drove than Andy himself. An auto isn't going to cost him 3 seconds now is it? Even though I've been one of the only people here pointing out that the auto tends to search for gears and the manual seems to be faster on track.


BTW you demand videos from other people, has anyone seen any videos of you driving? I'm starting to doubt whether you actually drive on track or are just a Google keyboard warrior like most of the people arguing in here.
The GM test drivers use the auto and PTM. I'm going with that spec as being the fastest, like They say!!!
Likely Andy being an instructor doesn't want to engage the auto the same way for an obvious reason. (You - M7 and PTM Biased!)

You have said that VID's are telling. I agree! Poorsha's after it. Yesterday he acknowledged he hasn't quite been able to match the GM conditions at VIR so maybe in the Spring on the temperature effecting his speed, again, evidence already is that it will be a bunch.
Even Adam may not get that PTM thing completely figured out since GM didn't validate at COTA.
He does have a stock Z06/7 2:21, or so. I think he said he thought the ZR1 was good for a 2:16, or so.
He keeps PTM off, but, lets just see if he ends up there on the Cup2's.

Furthermore, last year I saw an aerial view RWD 911GT2 RS carve a clean line on the Nurburgring. I new something was up! (AND you want to show us a M7 ZR1 without PTM!)

P.S. This is a big time concept I came up with. The C&D article said erroneously he went with all the electronics Off; can't really IE ABS and eLSD. Of course that is subject to interpretation and it could still have been in Race Mode which in his mind infers that, or how about Mero knows the timing and told him the trick to get close on that warm day. It is totally possible somebody could get the timing down, but, they can't add grip so why bother!? IE Heel and toe Rev Matching, or Rev Limiter!!!

Last edited by johnglenntwo; 11-15-2018 at 11:21 AM.
johnglenntwo is offline  


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: