C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

So far, I'm impressed with the fit and finish of my ZR1....

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 05:50 PM
UnhandledException
Drifting

Received 1,351 Likes on 554 Posts

Originally Posted by hcvone

Zoom in on your second picture, see the tip of the front bumper is sticking out and not flush with the fender. As I said, I m pretty sure this is an issue with every car.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:54 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

I see absolutely nothing wrong in any of those pictures,
Old 03-07-2019, 08:04 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Received 957 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by punky
I see absolutely nothing wrong in any of those pictures,
Punky.....please chill! It is good to see you don’t discriminate though. I thought you were just offended by people that own cars other than a Corvette.....now I know it’s just your nature and it’s universal.
Old 03-07-2019, 10:51 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. ice
Punky.....please chill! It is good to see you don’t discriminate though. I thought you were just offended by people that own cars other than a Corvette.....now I know it’s just your nature and it’s universal.
careful...he'll start crying and the babysitters will come in and accuse of attacking...
Old 03-07-2019, 11:18 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
careful...he'll start crying and the babysitters will come in and accuse of attacking...
True.....I will tone it down😏
Old 03-07-2019, 11:19 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by hcvone
I can compare the two, they sit in my garage. The Corvette used to be WAY behind the Porsche in fit and finish, on my 13th Corvette, and my 4th Porsche, but come 2018 and the gap is much smaller, at least on what is in my garage.

Two beautiful cars!
Old 03-09-2019, 07:42 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,767 Likes on 969 Posts

Originally Posted by UnhandledException
Zoom in on your second picture, see the tip of the front bumper is sticking out and not flush with the fender. As I said, I m pretty sure this is an issue with every car.
The pic looks weird, just looking at the car and it's as flush as it can be, but sure doesn't look that way in the pic
Old 03-09-2019, 11:03 AM
ROBWILKER
Pro

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 250 Likes on 151 Posts

I bought my ZR1 after having purchased five previous new late model Corvettes. I love them. They are great cars. I was disappoited when I noted the paint issues, a scrape on the CF splitter and a dent on the hatch panel. That does not mean I would badmouth the car. I am very enthusiastic about the model as well as the other two Corvettes and the Camaros in my garage. Although my other Chevrolets may have had small defect issues or tansport damage, the number and serverity of the issues with my ZR1 were worthy of discussing with people having similar problems. I don't really know the value of a responding post that states "my ZR1 is perfect" so you are lying or exaggerating. The real wierd ones are "I used to own a lot of Corvettes that were perfect" so you must be a nitpicking liar." I never had a paint issue on any of my previous or other current Corvettes so that makes the instant situation more of a spoiler. Worse yet are the posters that offer some totally unrelated experience many years ago that they believe in their mind has some relevance to a current Corvette quality issue. The threads where I have posted were discussions of these issues. What purpose does it serve to vent frustration over these issues just to endure personal attacks, doubting comments and accusations of lying by supposed fellow Corvette enthusiasts. I must comment IMO there are some really "strange" people on the forums in general that seem to reap some benefit from criticizing and calling others dishonest. It is best not to engage the naysayers although I admit to having reduced myself to responding to them out of my annoyance. Most Corvette owners are great people having a common interest with a willingness to help other Corvette enthusiasts. Over the years, I have noticed a marked increase in the criticism, negative comments and personal attacks in this and other forums. I have learned many things and obtained good advice from this forum during my membership. It's just too bad things have devolved to where they currently are.
Old 03-09-2019, 05:12 PM
orclubduck
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 144 Likes on 80 Posts

Rob...I hope my comments do not offend. I truly feel bad for everyone on this ZR1 forum who has an issue with the fit and finish of their ZR1. In my case, my ZTK kit had 2 items that had defects, BAW (Big @$$ Wing) and one of the CF Rockers. My dealership was the one who caught this and because of it, I took my ZR1 home without any of the CF parts installed, so they could work with Chevy to get the parts replaced. I believe that there are quite a few ZR1 owners who have had to have some of the CF parts replaced due to quality issues. After a couple of weeks I went back to pick up the new ZTK kit (my dealership is 200 miles away). I am waiting to have these items installed after the car is full wrapped, including the ZTK parts while they are off of the car.

Since I am having my car paint corrected and a full body wrap installed, then nano-coated with Modesta, I am going out of my way to make sure my factory paint job is fixed. Most detail shops charge between $500-$1500 to fully paint correct a new Corvette, Porsche, Ferrari, etc. depending on the amount of issues they find. For some of you with just paint issues, I would suggest you take your ZR1 to a good detail shop to get a quote. In my case, I do not have any glaring issues (but my detailers found some minor clear coat issues), but I am going to have them fully correct the Orange Peel effect that almost every car has since the Factory Paint process does not include wet sanding the vehicles to smooth out the surface. My deal is, if I am going to pay to wrap the ZR1 and Nano-coat it, I better make sure the paint is perfect, as I will be locking in and enhancing whatever is there. Some may feel this is a waste of money, but if you love the way your car looks, it makes sense to save the disappointment of road rash and sand blasting, especially if you take in track days to full enjoy your ZR1. Especially the CF parts, as they have just a thin layer of clear coat.

I really think the ZR1 is creating a bit of a stigma for Chevy, they are not used to selling cars over $100,000 and the dealerships are treading lightly when it comes to meeting the expectation of someone who pays $150,000 for a new Chevy. I hope they can get organized and the Zone Managers should be forced to personally walk each ZR1 owners issues through to resolution, instead of the inaction I am hearing on almost every post about ZR1 paint and panel issues.

I wish you luck in getting everything resolved before ZR1 Season officially kicks off, so you can enjoy your ZED-R1!!
The following users liked this post:
ROBWILKER (03-09-2019)
Old 03-10-2019, 12:36 AM
ROBWILKER
Pro

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 250 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by orclubduck
Rob...I hope my comments do not offend. I truly feel bad for everyone on this ZR1 forum who has an issue with the fit and finish of their ZR1. In my case, my ZTK kit had 2 items that had defects, BAW (Big @$$ Wing) and one of the CF Rockers. My dealership was the one who caught this and because of it, I took my ZR1 home without any of the CF parts installed, so they could work with Chevy to get the parts replaced. I believe that there are quite a few ZR1 owners who have had to have some of the CF parts replaced due to quality issues. After a couple of weeks I went back to pick up the new ZTK kit (my dealership is 200 miles away). I am waiting to have these items installed after the car is full wrapped, including the ZTK parts while they are off of the car.

Since I am having my car paint corrected and a full body wrap installed, then nano-coated with Modesta, I am going out of my way to make sure my factory paint job is fixed. Most detail shops charge between $500-$1500 to fully paint correct a new Corvette, Porsche, Ferrari, etc. depending on the amount of issues they find. For some of you with just paint issues, I would suggest you take your ZR1 to a good detail shop to get a quote. In my case, I do not have any glaring issues (but my detailers found some minor clear coat issues), but I am going to have them fully correct the Orange Peel effect that almost every car has since the Factory Paint process does not include wet sanding the vehicles to smooth out the surface. My deal is, if I am going to pay to wrap the ZR1 and Nano-coat it, I better make sure the paint is perfect, as I will be locking in and enhancing whatever is there. Some may feel this is a waste of money, but if you love the way your car looks, it makes sense to save the disappointment of road rash and sand blasting, especially if you take in track days to full enjoy your ZR1. Especially the CF parts, as they have just a thin layer of clear coat.

I really think the ZR1 is creating a bit of a stigma for Chevy, they are not used to selling cars over $100,000 and the dealerships are treading lightly when it comes to meeting the expectation of someone who pays $150,000 for a new Chevy. I hope they can get organized and the Zone Managers should be forced to personally walk each ZR1 owners issues through to resolution, instead of the inaction I am hearing on almost every post about ZR1 paint and panel issues.

I wish you luck in getting everything resolved before ZR1 Season officially kicks off, so you can enjoy your ZED-R1!!
Your remarks are right on point. I appreciate the positive input. The C7 ZR1 is a fantastic car. There will never be another one like it. It will become an iconic historical vehicle for obvious reasons. It is the best performing stock production Corvette I have ever driven. IMO the only "stigma" about the ZR1 will be soley in the narrow minds of the haters. Sometimes when a person comments about an appearance defect or mechanical problem to participate in a forum discussion, certain people will cherry pick from the comments, add their personal twist, good or bad, distorting the issue with their personal bias. Members sometimes offer opinions, that by commenting, you're being dishonest, nitpicky or badmouthing the entire vehicle. That is not the case. As I have said before, the ZR1 has no greater frequency of defects than any other domestic vehicle. The expectations are often raised by the manufaturer's marketing methods and materials. I am very satisfied when I hear other fellow ZR1 owners talk about the superior quality of their ZR1s fit, finish and mechanical performance. It is unfortunate that myself and some other ZR1 and Corvette owners in general are experiencing problems. I won't let that or a few negative posts ruin my ownership experience.I have worked closely with the delivering dealership from the onset of the issues.They have made attempts to correct and mitigate the problems on my particular car. I am now searching, with dealership approval, to find a qualified shop in my area to handle the wet sanding and paint correction on the ZR1. Frankly, I would like to try myself since I have a garage full of detail polishers and products. This thought was immediately discounted because if my efforts fail I have no further recourse to resolve the problems. Right now, I can't even drive the ZTK car due to cold temperatures and summer tires. I truly wish the best of luck for all forum members regarding their Corvette experiences.
Old 03-10-2019, 07:22 AM
GrapemanZR1
Instructor

Received 109 Likes on 55 Posts

I wish everyone who had issues with their cars approached the matter in such a dignified, respectful, and intelligent fashion. Robwilker and orclubduck are to be commended, and let's hope that everyone here follows their lead!
The following users liked this post:
ROBWILKER (03-10-2019)
Old 03-10-2019, 11:36 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. ice
True.....I will tone it down😏
Really, We'll believe that when it happens, You've been stalking and attacking anyone who dares question any of the claims you make about your new 2017 911S that you can't stop bragging about on a Corvette forum. You have made it abundantly and in most cases painfully clear that you own a 911. Hope it provides all the validation that you are obviously looking for.
Old 03-10-2019, 11:48 AM
CW4L
Supporting Vendor

Received 730 Likes on 596 Posts

Gonna pick up a ZR1 and personally loved everything about em having driven several of our customers ZR1s putting wheels and Akrapovic Exhaust on. Hate that anyone has issues or problems with this incredible beaut!!

Enjoy your weekend all!

#1 Forged Wheel Master Distributor for Corvettes Worldwide since 2010
Call/Text 440-915-6166

Forgeline*Anrky*HRE*PUR*Brixton*Vorstein er*Akra*Brembo*IPE and Many More....

REVIEWS: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/whee...r-reviews.html

EMAIL: sales@cw4L.com
PHONE 440-915-6166 CALL OR TEXT ANYTIME!!!

Follow us on Instagram @custom_wheels_for_less

Old 03-24-2019, 01:03 PM
orclubduck
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 144 Likes on 80 Posts

Well after waiting patiently behind a long stream of Porsche's & BMW's, my ZR1 is finally in the Detail shop for it's STEK Full Body Wrap, STEK window Tint, and Modesta Nano-Coating after a Paint Correction. I thought I would share of couple of pictures of the Paint Correction and a small personal touch from the Bowling Green Paint Shop workers...

My paint is an eyelash away from being perfect!!!

Last edited by orclubduck; 03-24-2019 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Added Text
Old 03-24-2019, 06:24 PM
2019 ZR1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 447 Likes on 315 Posts

I had a small mark on the passenger door that my paint guy said he thought it was from the dealer taking the stuff off after it was delivered to the dealer. He was able to fix it and I can't even tell where it was at. All and all I'm very happy with everything.

Quick Reply: So far, I'm impressed with the fit and finish of my ZR1....