C8 ERay/Hybrid/EV Discussion ERay/Hybrid/EV Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Vibe Motorsports

What Parts are you buying Before you take delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2024, 09:51 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,678 Likes on 6,665 Posts

^^^
Standard C8 no need to remove the bumper. For the C8 Z06 and E-Ray it's required. There is a video showing the install.
Old 02-29-2024, 01:08 PM
Semifighter18
Racer

Received 320 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by ERay2024
What parts/options/upgrades are you buying BEFORE you take delivery of your ERay?

1. I have purchased Front Radiator Grills, but might return them because they are not full height when you remove the front license bracket molding (for track use). Not that I am going to be using it on the track, but I think the car looks better without it. And yes, in Texas we are supposed to have. Front license plates.
2. Side Radiator Grills
3. Floor Mats - (I forgot to order them in. The build)

After Delivery: (due to fitment and/or non-returnable items after 30 days of purchase)

4. Carbon Fiber Front Grill
5. Carbon Fiber Door and Side Air Intake “Y” pieces

Still on the Fence:
Exposed Carbon Fiber Rear wing - Not a fan of the High Wing, haven’t see a lower (other than the factory) exposed carbon fiber wing that I like.
Exposed CF Mirror Caps
Convex Mirrors
Frunk & Trunk Mats
I live in California where we also are required to have a front plate..........which I've never had on in my life and have never been pulled over. It's a crime to front plate these cars :-)
Old 03-01-2024, 10:11 AM
dw886
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by purple heart
Almost too many to list (but man is this fun!):

1. Borla exhaust system, S-type so as to operate exactly like the OEM Performance Exhaust-will be installed by selling dealership after PDI.
2. HallTech Cold Air Intake-installed by dealer after PDI.
3. Exhaust heat shields.
4. Dealer to paint the brake calipers the same blue paint that's on the C6 ZR1 to match the NEW electric blue stripe for E-Rays only after PDI.
5. Edges of the side intake openings will be wrapped in the same color as the electric blue stripe. (taking the option for the body colored accents around the car instead of Black Carbon Flash.)
6. Having the dealer install the F! flashing 3rd brake lite.
7. Purchased body colored filler panels for both Frunk hood and the inside of the HTC with geometric blue stripes again the match the electric blue stripe.
8. After I get the car I will order the Show Car sign that fits perfectly in the front trunk in the frunk!
9. Purchased OEM Polished wheels from the factory so I purchased Black Titanium wheel lugs and black AM wheel locks.
10. Purchased Custom made engine cover from RPI.
11. Purchased custom painted "Corvette" letters for the back bumper to match the electric blue stripe.
12. Purchased 2 Corvette Logos in Black.
13. Purchased 4 Premium body colored Splash Guards to match color of the car.
14. Purchased 4 cap colorized set in blue for fluid containers.
15. Will be purchasing real Carbon Fiber for the Gauge Cluster and switch panels on both doors and for the Mode Switch.
16. 2 extra E-Ray emblems with blue back round.
17. Will purchase the 3-piece Carbon Fiber dash pad cover trim kit.
18. Dealer to tint windows for me after PDI.
19. Front screens from factory and will purchased side vent screens.
20. 3-Piece front splitter from Next-Gen Speed.

And that's about it for now....to be continued......(lol)
For #15 (Carbon Fiber Interior Trim Pieces) - are you buying the covers, or the actual OEM parts? I've looked at the covers, and only concern is that there will be a lip - especially by the mode selector **** or the door pulls / window buttons. The OEM versions are obviously smaller - it seems like the cluster gauge cover protrudes noticeably further than the OEM carbon fiber trim.
Old 03-02-2024, 10:01 AM
3LZR21U
Melting Slicks

Received 929 Likes on 612 Posts

Do the OEM grille guards cover the area behind that removable section?

Quick Reply: What Parts are you buying Before you take delivery?