Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are the odds it'll have round taillights?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2018, 11:11 AM
Zaro Tundov
Drifting

Received 1,039 Likes on 554 Posts

Originally Posted by MagRedConv
There are two reasons I don't own a C7. The tail lights (thus the rear end) is hideous (looks like it was a scrapped design from a child's' transformer toy) and the flags; they look like the screaming chicken from the hood of a Trans-Am.

Call me crazy but round lights have worked for Ferrari design from the get go. I'm sure they could have adopted something from a toysRus product but didn't.
LOL, now that you say it, they do have a cheesy Transformers vibe to them. I like them, but in hindsight they presaged the hideous Gen 5 - 6 Camaro designs.

I like an exterior design that is at one with the underlying chassis and powertrain. If it's a sophisticated chassis powered by a modern engine then the car should look modern and sophisticated. For me the C7 pulls this off, but the Camaro is a rolling disaster zone. My guess is GM will kill the Camaro again instead of giving it a proper redesign.

I hate retro designs and their utter lack of originality. If you can't make something new and different then don't even bother. The Mustang succeeded in modernizing a classic design in an original way, Chevy at least tried to do it but they failed, and Dodge didn't even try.

Old 11-03-2018, 12:31 PM
MagRedConv
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 61 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Zaro Tundov
LOL, now that you say it, they do have a cheesy Transformers vibe to them. I like them, but in hindsight they presaged the hideous Gen 5 - 6 Camaro designs.

I like an exterior design that is at one with the underlying chassis and powertrain. If it's a sophisticated chassis powered by a modern engine then the car should look modern and sophisticated. For me the C7 pulls this off, but the Camaro is a rolling disaster zone. My guess is GM will kill the Camaro again instead of giving it a proper redesign.

I hate retro designs and their utter lack of originality. If you can't make something new and different then don't even bother. The Mustang succeeded in modernizing a classic design in an original way, Chevy at least tried to do it but they failed, and Dodge didn't even try.
The one that had first shot at it was Pontiac bringing back the GTO; my God what a miss that was. They could have knocked it out of the park.
The following users liked this post:
firstvettesoon (06-07-2019)
Old 11-03-2018, 01:33 PM
Zaro Tundov
Drifting

Received 1,039 Likes on 554 Posts

Originally Posted by Yarbie
The round tail lights look dated by 20 years or more. Theyre toast.
The C8 won't have 'em, but they don't have to look dated:

The following 2 users liked this post by Zaro Tundov:
elegant (11-03-2018), firstvettesoon (11-03-2018)
Old 11-12-2018, 03:29 PM
tcinla
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 619 Likes on 357 Posts

Given the CAD images, and the rear pieces hanging, that we've seen (you know, ACTUAL INSIDER info... I'm looking at you Zerv ;-) ), it's highly doubtful we'll see round tail ligts.
Old 11-12-2018, 03:58 PM
ACCHRM
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 45 Posts

One of the old covered up mule C8s driving around had the tail light peeking through and you could see a solid light strip running horizontally, so def no round tail lights there.

Quick Reply: What are the odds it'll have round taillights?