Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

chazcron's 3D model work in progress

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 05:20 PM
Shaka
Safety Car

Received 1,331 Likes on 790 Posts

Originally Posted by chazcron

My scoop rationale is covered extensively in this post here:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1598593132

His scoop observations are different to mine. Tell the stubborn fool to pay attention this time.

The orange line depicts the fake panel. The yellow is what the production car will have. Note the detail in the blue circle. The same detail will appear on all C8s. The button for the door can be placed anywhere.

ACS render over a year ago.

Check out this detail above the N. Why do you suppose he leaves it out on his renders?

Again.

The door button can be placed anywhere. Somewhere here or just inside the scoop.
This horrible black thing on top of the scoop should be removed now. He incorporated that fake thing in all his renders, Ha.

The scoop must capture the least turbulent flow. The leading edge must be perpendicular to that flow. I'm not going to say this again. Tell him.

The Coke bottle shape of the car negates that huge ugly wart on the side of the car. Corvette would never do such a thing.

Correct

Same.

Do you think his 'Rationale' for his front bumper renders are correct? Artists and designers minds simply don't meet.

There are 4 different front ends I've seen.

500 hp grille

800 hp grille

I hope this helps him.

Last edited by Shaka; 02-03-2019 at 05:13 PM.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:25 PM
Tom73
Race Director

Received 470 Likes on 279 Posts

Whatever happened to people being civil?
The following 2 users liked this post by Tom73:
Foosh (02-03-2019), MsEllie (02-03-2019)
Old 02-02-2019, 09:35 PM
SoCalC7
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom73
lol. When were Internet forum people EVER civil?
Old 02-02-2019, 09:42 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Received 1,906 Likes on 750 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaka
His scoop observations are different to mine. Tell the stubborn fool to pay attention this time.

The red line depicts the fake panel. The yellow is what the production car will have. Note the detail in the yellow circle. The same detail will appear on all C8s.

I think either your monitor's color is off or mine is... or maybe you or I am color blind. ! ; )

There is an orange line which I assume represents the RED panel you reference.

The YELLOW line is the scoop shape you feel will be production.

There is a light blue circle at the bottom of the scoop at the rocker ... not yellow.

Check out this detail above the N. Why do you suppose he leaves it out on his renders?

Just to note: BOTH YELLOW renderings are ACS. They did not accurately include the rocker details as we see on the camo cars.
I am sure the omission by Chaz is simply to speed up the 3d modeling.

There are 4 different front ends I've seen.

500 hp grille

800 hp grille

I hope this helps him.
I have only seen 1 front end with an added lower splitter on the RING VERT model.

could be wrong...

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 02-02-2019 at 09:47 PM.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:45 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Old 02-02-2019, 10:15 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

These are the 2 different cars at the RING. The Coupe and HT VERT. I don't see much difference in the grills or anything but the rear hatch/top area.

Old 02-03-2019, 01:30 AM
chazcron
Racer

Received 2,829 Likes on 358 Posts

The following 6 users liked this post by chazcron:
firstvettesoon (02-03-2019), Foosh (02-03-2019), foreverfuelie (02-03-2019), JerryU (02-03-2019), RedDropTop (02-03-2019), tractman (02-03-2019) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-03-2019, 07:51 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,661 Likes on 6,656 Posts

Thanks. Been thinking of going back to yellow as I had on my C6!
Old 02-03-2019, 10:37 AM
Shaka
Safety Car

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon

I think either your monitor's color is off or mine is... or maybe you or I am color blind. ! ; )

There is an orange line which I assume represents the RED panel you reference.

The YELLOW line is the scoop shape you feel will be production.

There is a light blue circle at the bottom of the scoop at the rocker ... not yellow.

Fixed in the text.

Just to note: BOTH YELLOW renderings are ACS. They did not accurately include the rocker details as we see on the camo cars.
I am sure the omission by Chaz is simply to speed up the 3d modeling.

ACS were early renders and they are pretty close to what I've seen. I've poked around that side scoop more than any other part of the car. That section has been carefully hidden. Check between O and J on the C8R. and N and E on the red car.

I have only seen 1 front end with an added lower splitter on the RING VERT model.

could be wrong...
The C8R front (above) might be found on the Z06 C8. The 4th picture I didn't save. It is like the C8R IE. it was extended with cardboard. It is in this section somewhere. I enjoy the observations of your eagle eyes.
What Chaz is doing is very difficult and time consuming. The program he uses is impossible to get right, that's why it is free. With a pencil, I can get the lines exactly where I want them and the can be perfected in my CAD programs. I want to reveal the the car and the artwork, though excellent, is frustrating to me. Why do something a machine (camera) can do better?

Are you going to do another render soon? Yours are the best because of the reasons I express above.
Old 02-03-2019, 12:54 PM
SoCalC7
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 70 Posts

This is definitely my favorite view angle of a car. Thanks for allowing me to start making a decision :-) Dying to see the final product so I can move on with my life:

The following users liked this post:
foreverfuelie (02-03-2019)
Old 02-03-2019, 02:40 PM
foreverfuelie
Burning Brakes

Received 192 Likes on 139 Posts

I also agree with SoCalC7 that is one of the best angle/view renders of the rear. I’m just hoping the spoiler depicted is a “camoed fake” or at the very least it could be body colored to blend in better. I’m still, at heart, hoping for the “active” aero spoiler as was predicted early on in the CAD drawings. ��

Last edited by foreverfuelie; 02-03-2019 at 02:42 PM.
Old 02-03-2019, 02:48 PM
chazcron
Racer

Received 2,829 Likes on 358 Posts

I did some convertible research and sketching today. It looks like the ventilation louvers will be the hardest to resolve. Most photos are from eye level. The transition from the two outer bumps to the crease at the inside will also be challenging. I'm hoping a solution will become more apparent as I model. I'm using the SSR hard top as my inspiration as to how the two pieces will slide down behind the cockpit. I also have to assume that the rear camera on the top simply becomes inoperable when the top is stowed. I know there is still a backup camera above the license plate. Since the roof is stored vertically behind the cabin, I will assume that there can be a glass window over the engine here too.

All input is welcome, well, almost all. (Shaka: "Your model all wrong. My software can take a sketch and blah blah blah. -attaches five too many images with scribbles...)
He's the sole person on my "ignore" list and he knows it and will post something anyway. He should stop ranting on mine and start his own dissent thread.

The following 5 users liked this post by chazcron:
elegant (02-03-2019), Foosh (02-04-2019), got2bblu (02-03-2019), Ronstar (02-05-2019), Shaka (02-03-2019)
Old 02-03-2019, 03:27 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Shaka
The C8R front (above) might be found on the Z06 C8. The 4th picture I didn't save. It is like the C8R IE. it was extended with cardboard. It is in this section somewhere. I enjoy the observations of your eagle eyes.
What Chaz is doing is very difficult and time consuming. The program he uses is impossible to get right, that's why it is free. With a pencil, I can get the lines exactly where I want them and the can be perfected in my CAD programs. I want to reveal the the car and the artwork, though excellent, is frustrating to me. Why do something a machine (camera) can do better?

Are you going to do another render soon? Yours are the best because of the reasons I express above.
... for the rocker sill, I try to get the general lines correct based on the CAD and camo images. Some of the latest images are drastically different. VERY pulled in. May be a trick. ; )

as as you say, this area and how it works with the scoop is very important not only for performance but for styling.

You may be right about the c8r nose and grill for the high-performance models. You may be right about the c8R nose and grill for the high performance models. It does look pretty good as well and will certainly distinguish it from the other models. As we have discussed before. I believe this nose may end up being extended similar to the Pista.

I will post a few updates soon. Hopefully we start getting some real reveals shortly.

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 02-03-2019 at 03:36 PM.
elegant (02-03-2019)
Old 02-03-2019, 04:39 PM
CRABBYJ
Safety Car

Received 1,293 Likes on 722 Posts
Unmodified C8 of the Year 2021 Finalist
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

I did some convertible research and sketching today. It looks like the ventilation louvers will be the hardest to resolve. Most photos are from eye level. The transition from the two outer bumps to the crease at the inside will also be challenging. I'm hoping a solution will become more apparent as I model. I'm using the SSR hard top as my inspiration as to how the two pieces will slide down behind the cockpit. I also have to assume that the rear camera on the top simply becomes inoperable when the top is stowed. I know there is still a backup camera above the license plate. Since the roof is stored vertically behind the cabin, I will assume that there can be a glass window over the engine here too.

All input is welcome, well, almost all. (Shaka: "Your model all wrong. My software can take a sketch and blah blah blah. -attaches five too many images with scribbles...)
He's the sole person on my "ignore" list and he knows it and will post something anyway. He should stop ranting on mine and start his own dissent thread.

I think the Chevy SSR Top folding mechanism is the correct place to start and you can review that and other options previously discussed here in CF:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...g-options.html

elegant (02-03-2019)
Old 02-03-2019, 05:01 PM
Darion
Safety Car

Received 232 Likes on 142 Posts

Old 02-03-2019, 05:31 PM
Shaka
Safety Car

Hey, how come he knows the contents of my posts? Who's passing along my posts to him secretly? Cut it out. This sketch shows some promise, I must admit. Tell Chaz baby, that I really appreciate his hard work and talent.

“The details are not the details, they make the design” Charles Eames. “Le non Dieu est dans le detail”, Gustave Flaubert. “God is in the detail”, Mies van Der Rohe.

Last edited by Shaka; 02-03-2019 at 06:58 PM.
Old 02-03-2019, 06:32 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,249 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Well, when you have at tiny group of guys who KNOW what the car will be (you guys KNOW who you are), they are SO invested in being RIGHT at this point that all they can do is shout down ANY thing that doesn't agree with them.
It's rather tiring.
Of course, I've been in Monterey since last fall, waiting for the car. But I'm all in, so my wife has been in Detroit for 3 weeks, hunting around for the car.

Get notified of new replies

To chazcron's 3D model work in progress

Old 02-03-2019, 06:59 PM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

A HT convertible GIF created by FVS last September.

Last edited by elegant; 02-03-2019 at 07:06 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by elegant:
JerryU (02-04-2019), Shaka (02-03-2019)
Old 02-03-2019, 07:24 PM
Corvette_Nut
Melting Slicks

Location: Hailing From The Mean Streets Of Irvine, California
Received 4,153 Likes on 1,314 Posts

Save The Wave,
Corvette_Nut

Last edited by Corvette_Nut; 02-03-2019 at 08:10 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Corvette_Nut:
dmaxx3500 (02-12-2019), elegant (02-04-2019), Shaka (02-03-2019)
Old 02-03-2019, 07:53 PM
Shaka
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Corvette_Nut

Save The Wave,
Corvette_Nut

Sexy curves. Lets hope that there are many such sensuous curves on the undressed car.

Last edited by Shaka; 02-04-2019 at 08:07 AM.
firstvettesoon (02-03-2019)

Quick Reply: chazcron's 3D model work in progress