Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Financial markets vs. C8 orders

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2020, 11:01 AM
JALLEN4
Melting Slicks

Received 2,191 Likes on 1,016 Posts

Originally Posted by punky
The Flu can kill 60,000 people or more in any given year, obviously some worse than others and the general public is virtually oblivious to this reality. Some of our news outlets are pounding this C-19 virus 24 hours a day and creating hysteria. Anyone who cannot acknowledge that there is a political agenda at work here is hopelessly naive.
As one of those hopelessly naive, perhaps with all your knowledge you can explain to the rest of us idiots how the rest of the world got so involved with our politics and also went crazy? I question whether China gives a rat's patootie about CNN but yet here they obviously think they have a crisis. If only a narrowly educated medical professional such as yourself were there to explain the situation to them.
The following 2 users liked this post by JALLEN4:
jcapps (03-13-2020), Rapid Fred (03-13-2020)
Old 03-13-2020, 11:02 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Originally Posted by z06inVB
We will always have new viruses and annual exposure to things like flu. You can’t downplay the reality of this but the vast majority of those infected will recover. Those most at risk are the same at risk groups for every illness. Those with underlying medical conditions and the elderly.

The market is indeed down but unless you are selling today you won’t be losing your life savings. In fact as you get closer to retirement you should be in more conservative investments which would minimize the impact. For example I am only down 2.2 % since this event started.

As for the media no they did not invent this but they could be more responsible in reporting it. Keeping drama and politics out of it.
So good to see someone who can think independently of their chosen news portal. The stupidity they cultivate is well demonstrated in this thread.
Old 03-13-2020, 11:02 AM
midengine
Racer

Received 203 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by JALLEN4
This is what I love about the Corvette Forum! You can come here and get investment advice, inside links to the Center for Disease Control, and learn that if not for CNN this entire crisis would already be over.
Not to mention watching lunatics berade each other publicly BC they differ on opinions rather than fight it out via private messages. I mean come on kids, I don't care about your beefs, opinions or thoughts of other posters. Grow up folks and get a life.
The following users liked this post:
vincent_esq (03-13-2020)
Old 03-13-2020, 11:03 AM
Yammyhaha
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 267 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by 16/C7Z
Like the 8 million people who died in May 2018 in Spain alone? Yeah that season as short as it was sucked for them.. lol

Who knows
8,000,000 people in 2018? What?
Old 03-13-2020, 11:09 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

As one of those hopelessly naive, perhaps with all your knowledge you can explain to the rest of us idiots how the rest of the world got so involved with our politics and also went crazy? I question whether China gives a rat's patootie about CNN but yet here they obviously think they have a crisis. If only a narrowly educated medical professional such as yourself were there to explain the situation to them.
"narrowly educated" LMFAO! Your buttons are obviously pushed and in the stuck position.
Have you ever heard of "this too will pass" or does that not play favorably with your Liberal media based scenario? Wake up and think for yourself, stop being a mindless sheep.

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 03-13-2020 at 11:13 AM.
Old 03-13-2020, 11:15 AM
midengine
Racer

"narrowly educated" LMFAO! Your buttons are obviously pushed and in the stuck position.
Have you ever heard of "this too will pass" or does that not play favorably with your Liberal media based scenario? Wake up and think for yourself, stop being a mindless sheep.
Seriously. If you have beef with others perhaps private messaging might be more appropriate. Most other folks likely don't wish to be privy to it.
Respectfully thanks.
P.s. - certainly not meaning specific direction to you.

Last edited by midengine; 03-13-2020 at 11:16 AM.
Old 03-13-2020, 11:24 AM
z06inVB
Race Director

Received 1,110 Likes on 523 Posts

This is what I love about the Corvette Forum! You can come here and get investment advice, inside links to the Center for Disease Control, and learn that if not for CNN this entire crisis would already be over.
No advice at all. I have no beef with CNN or any news network I simply said it would be best to present fact and not dramatize or politicize this event.

As for CDC info I do have a bit of experience on the subject of communicable diseases but what I said is simple common sense.

Last edited by z06inVB; 03-13-2020 at 11:25 AM.
Old 03-13-2020, 11:53 AM
ext
Pro

Received 389 Likes on 213 Posts

Think about this: If you couldn't communicate with others ... couldn't hear, read or do sign language etc ... and just walked around observing people and the world, I don't think you'd know that anything was going on. You might see a few people blowing their noses, etc and just figure it was the flu. (assuming you knew what the flu was Ha!)
Old 03-13-2020, 11:54 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by midengine
Not to mention watching lunatics berade each other publicly BC they differ on opinions rather than fight it out via private messages. I mean come on kids, I don't care about your beefs, opinions or thoughts of other posters. Grow up folks and get a life.
"Lunatics"? Really. Amazing how a guy with 50 posts is telling other members they are crazy and to essentially shut up. I'm sure we will all try and "get a life" since this is your advice. By the way, who are you?

Last edited by punky; 03-13-2020 at 11:55 AM.
Old 03-13-2020, 12:00 PM
traronf
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 94 Posts

Has anyone else noticed that the C7 Forum is now a kinder and gentler area now?
The following users liked this post:
Rapid Fred (03-13-2020)
Old 03-13-2020, 12:33 PM
bartruff1
Racer

Received 269 Likes on 121 Posts

I hope that all you buy low sell high investors think about the possibility that some stocks today may be more expensive than they were before the markets lost 20% of their value. Perhaps the most commonly used fundamental is the Price to Earnings Ratio....PE....

Well we know the P....what we don't know is the E......the economic effects of social distancing could be devastating in some servicing sectors.

In the long run that may not matter...but in the long run we are all dead.....
Old 03-13-2020, 12:34 PM
midengine
Racer

"Lunatics"? Really. Amazing how a guy with 50 posts is telling other members they are crazy and to essentially shut up. I'm sure we will all try and "get a life" since this is your advice. By the way, who are you?
Honestly, just someone who would rather not read infantile squabbles back and forth between two members when one can simply pick your beefs via private message. Just rather tiring to see. typically the thread topics are hijacked by these constant back and forths. So, in the event you wish to air your critique of me or my posts, do the forum a favour and use pm perhaps.

Again, my comments were not meant for any specific folks so take personally or don't at your own leisure.
Old 03-13-2020, 12:42 PM
Larrio Andretti
Instructor

Received 172 Likes on 43 Posts

Decades of medical practice taught me exactly what your Physician is relating to you. I don't ever recall a virus raging pandemic fashion through a summer and into the next year. There is a reason why the term "Flu Season" exists. The Liberal media is having a field day with this and sacrificing our economy with blatant disregard.
Then why is this spreading in Australia and other areas south of equator where it is not flu season. It’s summer there.
The following 2 users liked this post by Larrio Andretti:
jcapps (03-13-2020), Rapid Fred (03-13-2020)
Old 03-13-2020, 12:50 PM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,259 Likes on 6,041 Posts

Originally Posted by Larrio Andretti
Then why is this spreading in Australia and other areas south of equator where it is not flu season. It’s summer there.
It's going into fall... as we're going into spring?
Old 03-13-2020, 01:49 PM
Suns_PSD
Le Mans Master

Received 408 Likes on 301 Posts

Originally Posted by z06inVB
Bah!! I’m up almost 7% today. I’m all in no matter what 👍

You definitely won the internet today!

Well played Sir.
Old 03-13-2020, 04:16 PM
Maxie2U
Le Mans Master

Received 4,282 Likes on 2,298 Posts

Markets rewarded decisive action between the Federal Government, States and the American Healthcare industry, Pharmacies, Walmart, Target and a whole host of other companies including labs who have significantly increased their testing capabilities along with the FDA’s fast tracking the release of the new Coronavirus test kits along with approval of the new mobile testing that will soon be rolled out across the Country.

Old 03-13-2020, 04:28 PM
Call me Q
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by yammyhaha
8,000,000 people in 2018? What?
1918 maybe?

Last edited by Call me Q; 03-13-2020 at 04:29 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Financial markets vs. C8 orders

Old 03-13-2020, 04:53 PM
JDSKY
Melting Slicks

Received 1,230 Likes on 611 Posts

Right now yesterday was a good day to buy and glad that I did. More rocky days ahead for the market and if we see some new lows those will be buying days again. Overall, I think the response today was very good and is definitely what most people wanted and needed to hear. Very pleased that this is a full scale public/private partnership as this is the only way the problem will get resolved quickly.
Old 03-13-2020, 04:59 PM
TommyFox
Melting Slicks

Received 311 Likes on 212 Posts

So, in your valued opinion, the people dying, infected, losing their life savings, and all the other things going on world-wide are an invention of CNN?
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ In 2010 17,000 died in the USA from the swine flu and we barely heard a peep. Why? because their messiah was president and could do no wrong. 80,000 died in 2017 from the flu and many thousands every year and life goes on.

A biochemical plant just happens to be in Wuhan, a virus is released just by coincidence months before an election in a country devastated by tariffs and some how Chinese officials blame the USA. Yeah right... After the impeachment failed someone asked me I wonder what's next? This liberal media gleefully says this is the end of Trump's presidency.

We are going to recover quickly because this is nothing but over-hyped bs.

Last edited by TommyFox; 03-13-2020 at 05:00 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by TommyFox:
StrayDog (03-15-2020), trooper (03-13-2020)
Old 03-13-2020, 05:34 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by TommyFox
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ In 2010 17,000 died in the USA from the swine flu and we barely heard a peep. Why? because their messiah was president and could do no wrong. 80,000 died in 2017 from the flu and many thousands every year and life goes on.

A biochemical plant just happens to be in Wuhan, a virus is released just by coincidence months before an election in a country devastated by tariffs and some how Chinese officials blame the USA. Yeah right... After the impeachment failed someone asked me I wonder what's next? This liberal media gleefully says this is the end of Trump's presidency.

We are going to recover quickly because this is nothing but over-hyped bs.
Spot on, excellent post!

Quick Reply: Financial markets vs. C8 orders