Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C8 problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2020, 12:36 PM
tdrake2020
Pro

Received 321 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by MMD
Based on what you just said I would be more inclined to watch this video. You have 1 video that has condensed down information presented collectively from 20 other YT videos based on your comment. How much time would it take to search for all this same information Brink of Speed presented on this forum if indeed it is actually available? Brink of Speed is no ripoff artist. A little salty today. Quarantine got you down?
Problem that you forgot to point out is that most of those videos go back two weeks.. Old news... Lack of Youtube income got you down?

As far as quality content is concerned.... People are also inclined to watch Joe Exotic in the Tiger King or whatever the heck that excuse for entertainment is called.

Last edited by tdrake2020; 04-19-2020 at 12:40 PM.
Old 04-19-2020, 12:54 PM
MMD
Safety Car

Received 1,630 Likes on 1,051 Posts

Originally Posted by tdrake2020
Problem that you forgot to point out is that most of those videos go back two weeks.. Old news... Lack of Youtube income got you down?
I have not located any single Corvette Forum post that lists all the C8 issues that are presented in Brink of Speed's informative video. The video lists a half dozen issues in a single video which makes this video a useful resource. That is the purpose of this entire thread. Is was not created so you can bitch 'cause you're out of Jack Daniels.
The following users liked this post:
23/C8Z (04-19-2020)
Old 04-19-2020, 03:35 PM
tdrake2020
Pro

Received 321 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by MMD
I have not located any single Corvette Forum post that lists all the C8 issues that are presented in Brink of Speed's informative video. The video lists a half dozen issues in a single video which makes this video a useful resource. That is the purpose of this entire thread. Is was not created so you can bitch 'cause you're out of Jack Daniels.
Thanks for your concern. Plenty of Jack in stock though. Much luck on your budding YouTube career! You're going to need it! lol
Old 04-19-2020, 06:39 PM
rghofh
Advanced

Received 60 Likes on 30 Posts

VIN 309 - 1st week production build. I watched this video and only problem that I have that he mentioned was the improper too long screw passenger door. Mine had 1/16” clearance so turns out I have no problems. I have to say he introduced himself as a guy that doesn’t just tell all the good things about the C8 - however he went to the extreme in the other direction - too much.negativity that my personal reaction is sour grapes for some odd reason (since he has one) and someone making a Utube that is just “Picking Sh*t.” I have to agree with some others - video was twice as long as it shoulda been.
Maybe it’s just me because I have a very early build w/ no problems.
Old 04-19-2020, 06:57 PM
fullback
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 24 Posts

Not sure why a new Transmission would fail in a new car ? Honestly you asked , have had 10 cars in past 40 years all ,new except one 3 manuals rest auto trans ,various manufactures vehicles . since am getting Older as the the rest of you are as well and time is running out , Corvette was not practical car for my family and I.
YES i will buy a corvette regardless because I always wanted One
Old 04-19-2020, 07:08 PM
MMD
Safety Car

Originally Posted by rghofh
VIN 309 - 1st week production build. I watched this video and only problem that I have that he mentioned was the improper too long screw passenger door. Mine had 1/16” clearance so turns out I have no problems. I have to say he introduced himself as a guy that doesn’t just tell all the good things about the C8 - however he went to the extreme in the other direction - too much.negativity that my personal reaction is sour grapes for some odd reason (since he has one) and someone making a Utube that is just “Picking Sh*t.” I have to agree with some others - video was twice as long as it shoulda been.
If this is what you believe then why did you read and write a comment in this thread? What is the Title of this thread? Wouldn't you expect anyone posting a relevant post to this thread comment that would meet your definition of being negative? Brink of Speed's video cannot be considered biased at all. He owns a C8. He was open and honest about his video right from the beginning of his video. He pointed out a half dozen issues which have appeared on the C8. BoS's comment should alert C8 owners something they too should be aware of in their vehicles. That is the point of this thread is it not? Some people are overly sensitive when it comes to honesty. I don't find your criticisms to be credible.
Old 04-19-2020, 07:14 PM
kratedisease
Melting Slicks

Received 2,089 Likes on 906 Posts

Originally Posted by MMD
If this is what you believe then why did you read and write a comment in this thread? What is the Title of this thread? Wouldn't you expect anyone posting a relevant post to this thread comment that would meet your definition of being negative? Brink of Speed's video cannot be considered biased at all. He owns a C8. He was open and honest about his video right from the beginning of his video. He pointed out a half dozen issues which have appeared on the C8. BoS's comment should alert C8 owners something they too should be aware of in their vehicles. That is the point of this thread is it not? Some people are overly sensitive when it comes to honesty. I don't find your criticisms to be credible.
You are "Brink of Speed" aren't you ?? You must be... because, no one else would spend so much time defending the video expect the person who made it.

Admit it..... you are actually "Brink of speed" posting under the alias of MMD.....

Don't take everyones criticism of YOUR video so Personally......we all know you needed to find some nit pick stuff on your C8 to make video in order to sell ads on youtube so that you can make this months loan payment on your C8 .....

Oh and my favorite video of YOURS on your channel was "How much can you Truly fit into the two C8 Corvette trunks" posted April 2nd.

The content was new and no one else ever posted that info ever before, ( yah right, sure) so it was so obvious that you are just helping and not looking for youtube revenue.

You are so helpful...

Can you post a video of all the paint colors that are available currently on the 2020 C8 Corvette ?

Last edited by kratedisease; 04-19-2020 at 07:38 PM.
Old 04-19-2020, 07:18 PM
kratedisease
Melting Slicks

Anyway, does not seem that many huge issues are popping up on the C8
Old 04-19-2020, 07:50 PM
fullback
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 24 Posts

today is 4/19/2020 so u got a delivery in current time with plants shut down , well good luck to u and enjoy the car
Old 04-19-2020, 08:07 PM
MMD
Safety Car

Originally Posted by kratedisease
You are "Brink of Speed" aren't you ?? You must be... because, no one else would spend so much time defending the video expect the person who made it.

Admit it..... you are actually "Brink of speed" posting under the alias of MMD.....

Don't take everyones criticism of YOUR video so Personally......we all know you needed to find some nit pick stuff on your C8 to make video in order to sell ads on youtube so that you can make this months loan payment on your C8 .....

Oh and my favorite video of YOURS on your channel was "How much can you Truly fit into the two C8 Corvette trunks" posted April 2nd.

The content was new and no one else ever posted that info ever before, ( yah right, sure) so it was so obvious that you are just helping and not looking for youtube revenue.

You are so helpful...

Can you post a video of all the paint colors that are available currently on the 2020 C8 Corvette ?
hahaha. I don't know who BoS is. You probably have seen more of his videos than I have. His C8 video was informative and dovetails very well with the theme of this thread, I will defend anyone that presents informative, educational, or technical data about any Corvette. I would much rather read this material than reading somebody's ranting and griping. Why are you so negative about information that informs C8 owners? Isn't that the purpose of this thread?
Old 04-19-2020, 08:13 PM
kratedisease
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by MMD
hahaha. I don't know who BoS is. You probably have seen more of his videos than I have. His C8 video was informative and dovetails very well with the theme of this thread, I will defend anyone that presents informative, educational, or technical data about any Corvette. I would much rather read this material than reading somebody's ranting and griping. Why are you so negative about information that informs C8 owners? Isn't that the purpose of this thread?
I'm NOT being negative. I am being FUNNY.
Old 04-19-2020, 10:39 PM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,798 Likes on 3,194 Posts

Originally Posted by Tracy
I drove this car today for about 35 miles . It is fully fixed, and currently at 189 total miles. As I mentioned elsewhere, the problem wasn't the DCT per se. Leak in the axle, totally unrelated to the DCT innards.

That transmisison is an amazing thing. So is everything else about the car. Now I REALLY want my Arctic/Tan Z51, currently at 3000.
Idk man. This trans needs a couple years and a good many at 15 20k miles before I would buy into it. Just too many in fact NONE that I can recall version 1.0 DCTs didn't come up with teething pains fixed down the road. Much different animal than a manual or auto.

Originally Posted by rghofh
Stop it.

If your car had any if the same issues he pointed out of you could snap your fingers and NOT have it you would.

Everyone gets so righteous about this stuff.

If enough COMPLAIN about something it USUALLY gets addressed. That's what this thread is and to help others with solutions. Lole TSBs or how to articulate a particular issue.

Still wish they would make a dedicated DCT review/reliability sticky. All this crap to dog through a major ? In this car. Forget dash stichting and paint flaking who cares.this trans is only thing I give a crap about as it will effect EVERYTHING about it. So clunkiness slowing down V8 V4 vibration not changing even gears no reverse that the stuff happening and we don't know frequency or quantity a few have been gracious enough to give a disposition others still haven't reported back yet..

That's what matters. Other **** easy change or paint.
kratedisease (04-19-2020)
Old 04-19-2020, 11:16 PM
C8broughtmeback
Burning Brakes

Received 792 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by kratedisease

You are so helpful...

maybe I am Brink of Speed!
Old 04-19-2020, 11:41 PM
MMD
Safety Car

Originally Posted by C8broughtmeback
maybe I am Brink of Speed!

Old 04-20-2020, 11:43 AM
C2 legacy
Instructor

Received 106 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by MMD
Maybe you have an issue with listening to truth. Is that it? This video highlights some interesting topics pertinent to the theme of this thread. It is informative, covering issues I have not seen covered on this forum. Additionally, it is well produced and contains better content than listening to rants such as the one you just posted. Mama always said if you have nothing good to say don't say it. You need to get out more. Just saying.
LOL....You think I'm the one that has an issue with listening to truth???

The reason I follow this thread is so I can catalog all known issues so I can better inspect my C8 BEFORE I take delivery...therefore I want to know about every issue current owners encounter. Then maybe I can catch some of the same problems at the dealership before I pay the dealer....because after I pay him he's less motivated to fix my car in a timely manner. DUH...that's why I say I wanted the input in original post...another DUH.

Please try real hard to listen to this truth: The first issue mentioned was a engine rattle or shake, but video showed no evidence and this has never before been reported before...I call BS. Second issue was a door rattle without any video evidence, also never before reported. Again I call BS and am now loosing confidence in video. Third issue mentioned was the DCT searching to downshift....this has been reported before and i view this as a personality trait instead of a quality control problem.... i also believing driving mode and driving style are in play here. i doubt this will be a problem for me. Most people love the DCT and haven't mentioned it as a problem. Last issue mentioned before I bailed was something about leather coming unglued on top of the dash...he tried to show in video but it wasn't clear or explained....but I added this to my inspection list.

So it took over two minutes for actual content to begin....and IMHO the first three issues don't have much merit. So i bail but warn others with my post. Perhaps I should of struggled through to the end , then spent two minutes writng a cliff notes version so others wouldnt have to suffer
Old 04-20-2020, 11:55 AM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,466 Likes on 2,276 Posts

Can we please stop the bickering so we can keep this thread on track?
The following 13 users liked this post by OnPoint:
Aquineas (04-23-2022), FSTENF (11-27-2021), hamdog (07-17-2022), kratedisease (04-20-2020), mcooper (04-20-2020), MMD (04-20-2020), Movie Muscle (11-25-2023), Notladjr (04-22-2020), Ram907 (06-02-2020), RU7376vettes (07-29-2020), twoweeled (09-23-2020), ZeroDark30 (05-13-2020), Zormecteon (12-12-2020) and 8 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-20-2020, 12:00 PM
MMD
Safety Car

Originally Posted by OnPoint
Can we please stop the bickering so we can keep this thread on track?
I fear people don't wan't to hear the truth. Even when presented with facts some take offense.
twoweeled (10-23-2021)

Get notified of new replies

To C8 problems

Old 04-20-2020, 12:48 PM
kratedisease
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by MMD
I fear people don't wan't to hear the truth. Even when presented with facts some take offense.

No one is offended here. Only you are.

lets move on past this.
Old 04-20-2020, 12:48 PM
C8fnatic
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by theweeb
2LT

Update, just came back from the dealership, GM authorized replacement of both, parts on order.

Also had them send pics of the paint, which I feel has excessive orange peel. That claim is pending.
I have the same wobbly stitching issue on my passenger door panel. Went to the dealership and GM approved replacement of the door panel immediately. Looks like GM acknowledges the issue and is taking care of it.

The door panel is one piece (which includes the speakers etc.), so I’m not expecting (squeeking) issues after the replacement. I would be a little less comfortable with a replacement of the dash, I think.

Last edited by C8fnatic; 04-20-2020 at 01:00 PM.
-vet (04-23-2020)
Old 04-22-2020, 09:26 AM
Bobbyc99
Cruising

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Parking brake issues

Yesterday was my 3rd day out and the Check park brake came on. I pressed the Ebrake and it wouldn’t stay engaged so I turned the car off and the light went away but I still don’t have E brake will be taking it in.
-vet (04-23-2020)

Quick Reply: C8 problems