Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Is The Protocol For Any Issues Discovered During Or After A Museum Delivery ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2022, 02:23 AM
Innovated
Racer

Received 233 Likes on 144 Posts
Default What Is The Protocol For Any Issues Discovered During Or After A Museum Delivery ?

I understand that they go over the brand new vehicle pretty well before they release it to you , but what about when they missed something ?

Do they take the car back into the factory and rectify the issue ? Or do they tell you to take it to a dealership ?

What would you do if you stayed in Bowling Green for a couple of days with the car and you get an issue with the car ? Bring it back to the museum or do you have to go to a dealership ?

So basically I'm trying to determine if I would be better off getting the car delivered to Ciocca , and staying in Jersey for a few days incase the car has an issue , or would the Museum Delivery give me more of a buffer against any immediate issues ?
The following users liked this post:
kitesurfer (09-17-2022)
Old 09-17-2022, 07:25 AM
JoelVetteguy
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 26 Posts

Any issues will have to go through local dealer in BG. Not going back to factory and Museum doesn’t have a repair shop only prep and detail.
The following 2 users liked this post by JoelVetteguy:
hamta (09-17-2022), Innovated (09-17-2022)
Old 09-17-2022, 08:06 AM
ea327
Drifting

Received 703 Likes on 402 Posts

When we picked up our HTC last August, we arrived a day early to view it on Corvette Blvd. To our surprise, it wasn’t there. I located Shane and he informed me that the car had two issues discovered during PDI and it was sent back to the factory to correct. He promised me that it would be ready for our delivery the next morning. That night, about 8:00, I received a call from Shane telling me that all was well and it was back on Corvette Blvd.
The following 3 users liked this post by ea327:
Innovated (09-17-2022), kitesurfer (09-17-2022), NorthernProducer (09-17-2022)
Old 09-17-2022, 08:25 AM
Kevin A Jones
Race Director

Received 11,912 Likes on 5,670 Posts

Originally Posted by Innovated
I understand that they go over the brand new vehicle pretty well before they release it to you , but what about when they missed something ?

Do they take the car back into the factory and rectify the issue ? Or do they tell you to take it to a dealership ?

What would you do if you stayed in Bowling Green for a couple of days with the car and you get an issue with the car ? Bring it back to the museum or do you have to go to a dealership ?

So basically I'm trying to determine if I would be better off getting the car delivered to Ciocca , and staying in Jersey for a few days incase the car has an issue , or would the Museum Delivery give me more of a buffer against any immediate issues ?
I'd contact Shane as ea327 did, I'd bet if there's an issue you most likely couldn't be in better hands.
I recommend you stop worrying unnecessarily and enjoy the experience as the VAST Majority of C8s are fine at delivery. In the event that there is an issue, then deal with it at the time regardless whether you are at BG or Ciocca.
Good luck.
Innovated (09-17-2022)
Old 09-17-2022, 08:32 AM
Sdk8103
Pro

Received 539 Likes on 270 Posts

There is a form they will fill out if you find something wrong that you bring to the dealer for repairs. I had what I thought were some paint chips and they filled out the form so I had proof it came that way. Turned out it was just some adhesive that dried after I took a closer look when I got home.
Innovated (09-17-2022)
Old 09-17-2022, 11:04 AM
brian78
Heel & Toe

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

I had two issues at Museum delivery. 1st one they caught hours before putting on corvette row, so it was late getting on display. The factory picked it up and replaced the passenger dash pad, it apparently had a scratch in it. The 2nd issue was during the 2 or so hours of going through all the features of the car. The front cameras didn't work. My host asked if I wanted to have my dealer through warranty fix them, I said no. So a mechanic from the plant came over and drove it off back to the plant. My host did stay over until the fix was made, 7pm. So I missed most of the hoop-la of the delivery process, but I was glad that all looked and worked as expected. Hope your experience goes smoothly.
Regards,
Brian
Innovated (09-17-2022)
Old 09-17-2022, 11:10 AM
Innovated
Racer

Thank you for the responses . So it pretty much seems like if you are still there doing the museum delivery , they will give you the opportunity to have the factory fix the issue , if they can.

So I would think once you drive off and leave the museum / factory , you would probably be relegated to going to a dealership
Old 09-17-2022, 11:14 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,129 Likes on 731 Posts

Originally Posted by JoelVetteguy
Any issues will have to go through local dealer in BG. Not going back to factory and Museum doesn’t have a repair shop only prep and detail.
In the past if the customer has not taken possession of the car at NCM, NCM did indeed send it back to the assembly plant if it was anything NCM could not remedy themselves. Once the car is delivered to the customer, customer will have to have his local dealer remedy the issue once back home. GM still has to pay for it regardless of whom does the work. I stand corrected if this policy has now changed in any way.
The following 2 users liked this post by GOLD72:
BearZ06 (09-17-2022), Innovated (09-17-2022)
Old 09-17-2022, 11:17 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Originally Posted by ea327
When we picked up our HTC last August, we arrived a day early to view it on Corvette Blvd. To our surprise, it wasn’t there. I located Shane and he informed me that the car had two issues discovered during PDI and it was sent back to the factory to correct. He promised me that it would be ready for our delivery the next morning. That night, about 8:00, I received a call from Shane telling me that all was well and it was back on Corvette Blvd.
That is the procedure as I have always known it and I am a veteran of 4 NCM deliveries so far dating back over 16 years.

Last edited by GOLD72; 09-17-2022 at 11:18 AM. Reason: add signature
Innovated (09-17-2022)
Old 09-17-2022, 11:19 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Thank you for the responses . So it pretty much seems like if you are still there doing the museum delivery , they will give you the opportunity to have the factory fix the issue , if they can.

So I would think once you drive off and leave the museum / factory , you would probably be relegated to going to a dealership
That is correct.
Innovated (09-17-2022)
Old 09-17-2022, 08:24 PM
Innovated
Racer

Bowling Green Museum Delivery is $400 or $700 ?
Old 09-17-2022, 08:34 PM
VegasAlleycat
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Bowling Green Museum Delivery is $400 or $700 ?
$995 I believe
Innovated (09-17-2022)
Old 09-17-2022, 08:40 PM
Innovated
Racer

Originally Posted by VegasAlleycat
$995 I believe
I think you're right . Kind of pricey. I don't really want any of the stuff that is included with the delivery , i just want someone to really do an in depth quality control check. And a dealership likely going to be very busy with a hundred other customers to really spend a good deal of time to make sure the vehicle is perfect ......... i would think .

Is the Museum Delivery the only way to get the car directly from the factory ?
Old 09-17-2022, 08:53 PM
BearZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 1,395 Likes on 803 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'22-'23

Originally Posted by GOLD72
That is the procedure as I have always known it and I am a veteran of 4 NCM deliveries so far dating back over 16 years.
Not so true now. A LOT has changed at the plant since Mary took over, definitely not like many years ago. The retired Quality Control guy at the plant was super and would help out, the new guy basically has his hands tied and "see your dealer" is the line they have to use.
Innovated (09-17-2022)
Old 09-17-2022, 08:55 PM
Innovated
Racer

Originally Posted by BearZ06
Not so true now. A LOT has changed at the plant since Mary took over, definitely not like many years ago. The retired Quality Control guy at the plant was super and would help out, the new guy basically has his hands tied and "see your dealer" is the line they have to use.
Bummer , if they are completely hands off
Old 09-17-2022, 08:57 PM
BearZ06
Le Mans Master

Based on posts above, apparently they are not 100% hands off.
Old 09-17-2022, 09:13 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,152 Likes on 6,205 Posts

I think you're right . Kind of pricey. I don't really want any of the stuff that is included with the delivery , i just want someone to really do an in depth quality control check. And a dealership likely going to be very busy with a hundred other customers to really spend a good deal of time to make sure the vehicle is perfect ......... i would think .

Is the Museum Delivery the only way to get the car directly from the factory ?
No, and furthermore, NCM delivery is no more "direct from the factory" than taking delivery at any good dealer. The car is still loaded on a transport and delivered to the NCM. Yes, it is a short trip, but so is a delivery to the local Bowling Green Chevrolet dealer. The NCM performs the PDI, just like a good dealer would. Granted, the NCM is very good at doing PDI as they probably do more than anyone.

IMO opinion, you are looking at NCM delivery for the wrong reasons. It is a great experience that happens to include a very good PDI.
Innovated (09-17-2022)

Get notified of new replies

To What Is The Protocol For Any Issues Discovered During Or After A Museum Delivery ?

Old 09-17-2022, 10:27 PM
Innovated
Racer

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
No, and furthermore, NCM delivery is no more "direct from the factory" than taking delivery at any good dealer. The car is still loaded on a transport and delivered to the NCM. Yes, it is a short trip, but so is a delivery to the local Bowling Green Chevrolet dealer. The NCM performs the PDI, just like a good dealer would. Granted, the NCM is very good at doing PDI as they probably do more than anyone.

IMO opinion, you are looking at NCM delivery for the wrong reasons. It is a great experience that happens to include a very good PDI.
Ah I see. I didn't realize the NCM wasn't in immediate proximity to the factory . I didn't know the vehicles still had to be loaded onto a transport to be shipped over to the museum.

So it sounds like the next thing I need to figure out if Ciocca does very thorough PDI's for the vehicles they receive . They already seem so busy , it would be hard to imagine them spending much time inspecting the new cars.

Thank you for the insight
Old 09-17-2022, 10:38 PM
BearZ06
Le Mans Master

It's a big 1.2 mile trip from the Assembly plant to the Museum, lol. Still have to pay the freight fee same as everyone else.
Innovated (09-17-2022)
Old 09-17-2022, 10:45 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,152 Likes on 6,205 Posts

Ah I see. I didn't realize the NCM wasn't in immediate proximity to the factory . I didn't know the vehicles still had to be loaded onto a transport to be shipped over to the museum.

So it sounds like the next thing I need to figure out if Ciocca does very thorough PDI's for the vehicles they receive . They already seem so busy , it would be hard to imagine them spending much time inspecting the new cars.

Thank you for the insight
The NCM is very close to the factory, but the cars still get from he factory to the NCM via truck transport. Hence, it is not "more direct from the factory". Still goes through the same process, but just a shorter trip. Still have PDI to do. One advantage is that you never have to visit the "Finance guy" and have him try to push you to buy overpriced add-ons that you don't want.
Innovated (09-17-2022)

Quick Reply: What Is The Protocol For Any Issues Discovered During Or After A Museum Delivery ?