Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boring??

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2023, 03:46 PM
Red Mist Rulz
Race Director

Received 8,667 Likes on 4,331 Posts

Originally Posted by vrhaines
I saw this thread made it to the CorvetteForum Facebook page and it made me revisit my comments and I stand by what I said and sold the car. I had fun, and it’s an absolute stunner to look at but at the end of the day; for me it’s about three things

1. No third pedal. I need one. Dying breed but it adds enough dynamic for me.
2. Back seat. I have kids. 10 and 2. I can’t use the vette as much as I would want, especially in the snow belt. I’ll revisit a corvette when the youngest is bigger. Still love the brand and what it stands for and I’ll probably go C7Z06.
3. Rawness. The car is so meticulously refined for me. It’s an incredible car but unless you’re pushing it it’s pedestrian. And at the end of the day that’s a good thing, right? The car is just too good.

For those enjoying their C8s and saying I’m a nut job I get it. The car is gorgeous and perfect for some. Just not me.

what a time to be alive as a car guy. I’ll just get a manual V8 SOMETHING before the EV world drags so many into soulless computers on wheels. I like to do my own wrenching so it’s probably project car time so I can build something and hopefully involve the kiddos and teach them.

anyone selling a Nova? Ha!
#3 there's certainly truth to. I guess it all depends on what you want. #1, I thought I might feel that way, but the DCT shifts so damn fast I find driving in manual mode and shifting with the paddles acceptable.
#2 Seriously? You couldn't figure that out before you bought it? Need to question your analytical abilities.
Old 12-05-2023, 07:20 AM
vrhaines
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Mist Rulz
#3 there's certainly truth to. I guess it all depends on what you want. #1, I thought I might feel that way, but the DCT shifts so damn fast I find driving in manual mode and shifting with the paddles acceptable.
#2 Seriously? You couldn't figure that out before you bought it? Need to question your analytical abilities.
you see, being young and having kids is part of my life and I wanted to take advantage of getting a new car at sticker. I kept my C5 with my eldest daughter for five years because I had so much fun with it. I utilized the same logic with this car. if it were good at the other things I would have kept it, but it wasn’t. So it’s gone. Thanks for offering your thoughts on my analysis though.
Old 12-05-2023, 07:32 AM
trumanjd1
Burning Brakes

Received 212 Likes on 157 Posts

you see, being young and having kids is part of my life and I wanted to take advantage of getting a new car at sticker. I kept my C5 with my eldest daughter for five years because I had so much fun with it. I utilized the same logic with this car. if it were good at the other things I would have kept it, but it wasn’t. So it’s gone. Thanks for offering your thoughts on my analysis though.
Sometimes...CHANGE and SURPRISES are not for everyone..to each their own!
The following users liked this post:
vrhaines (12-05-2023)
Old 12-05-2023, 09:27 AM
Red Mist Rulz
Race Director

Received 8,667 Likes on 4,331 Posts

In that case, saying you got rid of it because you have kids makes no sense. Can't have it both ways.
Old 12-05-2023, 09:28 AM
vrhaines
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Mist Rulz
In that case, saying you got rid of it because you have kids makes no sense. Can't have it both ways.
Ok!
Old 12-06-2023, 10:22 AM
Supersonic 427
Le Mans Master

Received 1,650 Likes on 817 Posts

The C8 Corvette is fast, drives and handles great and does everything well! However, with the DCT (automatic) to me, is on the boring side! Yes the transmission shifts fast and crisp in both automatic or manual mode, but there is a loss of the fun factor without a do it yourself manual transmission. I agree with the OP and I think that is the reason most trade or sell their C8's for something else.
The following users liked this post:
vrhaines (12-06-2023)

Quick Reply: Boring??