Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tadge is retiring this summer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2024, 04:15 PM
sprtplt
Burning Brakes

Received 136 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by MitchSpence
He did. They are called paddle shifters.
Nope, paddle shifters are idiotic and in no way equate a manual.
Old 04-18-2024, 04:55 PM
MitchSpence
Drifting

Received 313 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by sprtplt
Nope, paddle shifters are idiotic and in no way equate a manual.
Okay, so Tadge was an idiot. What makes the manual better?
Old 04-18-2024, 05:21 PM
Z0Sick6
Le Mans Master

Location: North/Central NJ - a.k.a. Gotti in the CFNE section
Received 1,568 Likes on 534 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

C9 likely a TT V6 with e-assist via battery like Eray.
Old 04-18-2024, 09:03 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,977 Likes on 1,394 Posts

Originally Posted by Z0Sick6
C9 likely a TT V6 with e-assist via battery like Eray.
Let's not ruin an uplifting thread.

I can't think of better circumstances to retire, and leave a legacy for the history books. Zora had a vision for the Corvette that included V8s, mid-engine layout, and turbos. Zora got it started. Tadge pushed it over the goal line. Tadge will be retiring just as the mid-engine twin turbo V8 ZR1 will be going into production. His last project will be complete.

Tadge made a lot of people's dreams come true. I know my Stingray is a car I have dreamed about owning for decades.

Congratulations Tadge, and thanks!

Last edited by Michael A; 04-18-2024 at 09:16 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Michael A:
BearZ06 (05-09-2024), Fast Dawg (04-19-2024), langhorne_bill (04-19-2024), mefly2 (05-05-2024)
Old 04-18-2024, 10:23 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,651 Likes on 14,179 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

He has been an amazing Chief Engineer and can be proud of what his leadership has accomplished in the C8. Best wishes for a happy retirement if that’s the path he chooses - after 47 years, he certainly deserves to relax a bit.
The following 2 users liked this post by Vetteman Jack:
mefly2 (05-05-2024), MitchSpence (05-08-2024)
Old 04-18-2024, 10:49 PM
DaveDMW
Pro

Received 713 Likes on 272 Posts

I saw one article saying he is retiring after 47 years then in the same article it said he is 63 years old. Is he older than that or did he start at GM at age 16? I’m guessing he is 69.
Old 04-18-2024, 10:54 PM
winders
Burning Brakes

Received 1,244 Likes on 563 Posts

67 years old....
The following users liked this post:
mefly2 (05-05-2024)
Old 05-05-2024, 04:46 PM
KnightDriveTV
Supporting Vendor

Received 2,347 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Bye....finally.
Old 05-05-2024, 09:00 PM
winders
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by KnightDriveTV
Bye....finally.
That's rude....

I'll make sure to not buy any of your products or services!
The following 2 users liked this post by winders:
BearZ06 (05-09-2024), lewislgZ06 (05-06-2024)
Old 05-05-2024, 09:06 PM
switchlanez
Drifting

Received 1,274 Likes on 713 Posts

Bye....finally.
Curious to know if there's a story behind this?

As far as I can tell, he's been a dynamo since childhood. Not only shooting for the stars with wild ideas but actually getting them done. He seems to have done a lot since cutting his teeth with the C5. His big accomplishment being a mid-engine evangelist who turned the corporate ranks into converts.

Last edited by switchlanez; 05-05-2024 at 09:15 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by switchlanez:
Fast Dawg (05-06-2024), lewislgZ06 (05-09-2024)
Old 05-06-2024, 12:38 PM
Fast Dawg
Le Mans Master

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,633 Posts

Originally Posted by switchlanez

As far as I can tell, he's been a dynamo since childhood. Not only shooting for the stars with wild ideas but actually getting them done. He seems to have done a lot since cutting his teeth with the C5. His big accomplishment being a mid-engine evangelist who turned the corporate ranks into converts.

I would also like to know why "Bye.....finally" was posted.
Old 05-08-2024, 01:24 AM
KnightDriveTV
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by switchlanez
There definitely is...an extensive one actually. Looking forward to seeing who is successor...very hopeful.

Tadge is a plenty capable corporate pleaser and engineer...but very much looking forward to a change.
Old 05-08-2024, 01:24 AM
KnightDriveTV
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by winders
That's rude....

I'll make sure to not buy any of your products or services!
Because I don't care for Tadge Jeuchters leadership...lol....ok then. Is he your relative?
Old 05-08-2024, 01:31 AM
winders
Burning Brakes

Because I don't care for Tadge Jeuchters leadership...lol....ok then. Is he your relative?
Nope. Not a relative...

Let me know you are leaving here so I can post:

"Bye....finally."
The following 2 users liked this post by winders:
BearZ06 (05-09-2024), lewislgZ06 (05-09-2024)
Old 05-08-2024, 09:13 AM
jackfrostpdx
Burning Brakes

Received 634 Likes on 320 Posts

You are upsetting these ridiculous boomers who make corvettes their identities.
Old 05-08-2024, 09:24 AM
Fast Dawg
Le Mans Master

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,633 Posts

Originally Posted by jackfrostpdx
Boomer here. I wasn’t upset. My Corvette isn’t my identity either. I just asked a question, got an answer, and that’s fine.

Now I have another question: how could you possibly know the ages of the people who quoted this guy and made a comment?
Old 05-08-2024, 11:29 AM
switchlanez
Drifting

Received 1,274 Likes on 713 Posts

Millennial here. I'm not married to Corvette branding. All 7 of my past cars were imports and I now daily a Mustang. Some of those cars I bought because I was impressed by the engineering decisions that went into them. Same for the C8 which employs the most radical engineering changes among any Corvette generation. Yet I would take an Emira over a C8 if not for a few annoying drawbacks. I don't care about a car's brand or country of origin as much I care about it being objectively great.
The following users liked this post:
Fast Dawg (05-08-2024)

Get notified of new replies

To Tadge is retiring this summer?

Old 05-08-2024, 06:44 PM
KnightDriveTV
Supporting Vendor

Well, cali guy sure seems upset for sure...I assumed the guy must be sharin the dinner table with Tadge. I myself have shared a meal, at a table with Tadge, so I certainly hope the cali guy has...haha.

Originally Posted by Fast Dawg
Boomer here. I wasn’t upset. My Corvette isn’t my identity either. I just asked a question, got an answer, and that’s fine.

Now I have another question: how could you possibly know the ages of the people who quoted this guy and made a comment?
There is quite a bit I COULD say, but I think based upon seeing how people react on this forum, I must be self silenced in my opinion, in the event it's not received well. End of day, when you own a company, or are a vendor, you have to basically delete your opinion in favor of business identity because people will penalize you for your opinion. It'd be standard for someone like the Cali guy to badmouth my brand or leave negative reviews, simply because I said "bye...finally."

I have a very in depth conversation I could have about Tadge and Harlen, as well as Tom Peters, Jim Mero, and a myriad of other lower tier guys which I've spent time amongst, at various events. I spent time near them, in conversation with them at more opened events at the bashes at NCM, as well as a very private/small group event in Detroit, and one other, etc. I have talked extensively with engineers in GM, spanning about 15 of the past years, and my reasons for feeling ready to see Tadge go, is a very loaded reasoning. I can tell you, there are people within the Corvette program that are saying the same statement I did. That doesn't mean I think (nor do any of them think) Tadge isn't a capable, intelligent and competent engineer/team leader, by any means. He wouldn't have held the position and achieved what he has, were he not a highly intelligent and sharp guy. I also understand that he is a savvy corporate guy, and much like a politician, he watches and chooses his words very carefully. I realize that's a very tough job and position to be in. I, in no way, am dismissing his place in Corvette history, by saying "bye...finally". What I am saying is, decisions are made, changes are made, and the brand moves for a lot of reasons. One of the MANY factors he has influenced personally, is Tadge is a very ANTI manual gearbox, lead engineer. He opposes it, and rallies internally against it, against funding it, etc. Tadge isn't the main captain of the ship, but he does influence the ships course, certainly. His influences have been positive in ways and negative in ways. I think if people like cali guy up there, really knew some of the facts or studied more in depth key decisions he made, versus just being a bit of a perceived fanboi, it'd be different.

I am very dedicated and long term loyal to the Corvette brand, and all I can say is I am hopeful for a slightly different type and mindset of a leader vs Tadge. I am hoping the pendulum will swing a little. Sorry to anyone, if my very lightly stated opinion, caused convulsions or extreme internal breakdown or rage. Please don't cancel me for having an opinion about something that is, generally speaking, quite irrelevant to everyons life.

Last edited by KnightDriveTV; 05-08-2024 at 06:50 PM.
Old 05-08-2024, 09:30 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,783 Likes on 4,198 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

Originally Posted by FlyinLow
I think Josh Holder will take his place

Agreed....

Originally Posted by Jim Mero
I’ve known Tadge for over 35 years. There is absolutely no doubt that he knows how to engineer a great road car. However, he completely understood the engineering, the executive support, the sacrifices, and the capital required to make the Corvette as exceptional as it is on the track. I can’t remember 1 time he denied me any support I requested when it came to track requests, and believe me, I asked for a lot. His intelligence intimidated me, but his personality eliminated that intimidation. If there was ever an icon that chief engineers should look up to to emulate, that person would be Tadge Juechter.

Guys....Jim's input ends the discussion. As the Chief Test Driver for Corvette, Jim knows Tadge better than anyone!

Bye....finally.

LOL....some guys. if you're not happy with your Corvette, please feel free to sell it and buy a Kia

No wonder this forum gets such a negative rap........
The following 2 users liked this post by Steve Garrett:
BearZ06 (05-09-2024), lewislgZ06 (05-09-2024)
Old 05-08-2024, 11:02 PM
KnightDriveTV
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Steve Garrett
LOL....some guys. if you're not happy with your Corvette, please feel free to sell it and buy a Kia

No wonder this forum gets such a negative rap........
Happiness is a scale, it's not binary. I like a lot about the car but I feel like the C7 and C8 indicated a clear shift in mentality. Some of that was necessary, some was certainly overdue, some is a compromise, etc. I don't really disagree with Tadge's approach, because he did his job...he sold cars.

What's odd is, again, is you're talking about the forum having a negative rep and you're blowing up telling me to buy a Kia because I don't like Tadge. I own 7 fkn Corvettes...lol....C4 Callaway, ZR1, C5 base and Z06, C6 LS3 manual, C7 Z51 and C8 Z51. I think I have earned the right to speak about Corvette and like or dislike something without being told to leave. I think the negative rap you're referring to has something to do with your response, not mine.

Quick Reply: Tadge is retiring this summer?