Notices
C8 Z06/ZR1/Zora Discussion General Z06, ZR1 and Zora Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Wheel Designers

MT: C8 Z06 vs. 992 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2022, 05:29 AM
Telepierre
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,166 Likes on 1,253 Posts

Originally Posted by RBK
I owned a GT3RS and for the street, significantly less enjoyable than the Z06 I traded in. The car is a race car, not a street car. I is noisy, and has no real sound out the exhaust until high rpms (seldom realized on the street). Unless you live on a race track it is not a great car. I was very disappointed and regretted leaving my Z06 behind.
RBK, I know past two threads you OPed I have been a bit direct with you but your candor on the GT3RS is refreshing and I think it is on target.
For years I have been inviting a lot of CFrs to really understand what it means to adapt a race car into a street car.
I really hope Porsche's starts the GT leasing program in the US like it does elsewhere so folks car try before buying.
I am sure some would dive in right away no questions asked but for the others it would avoid the regret you speak of.

The following users liked this post:
CorvettoBrando (11-10-2022)
Old 11-10-2022, 06:25 AM
Joefab
Supporting Vendor

Received 726 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by Telepierre
RBK, I know past two threads you OPed I have been a bit direct with you but your candor on the GT3RS is refreshing and I think it is on target.
For years I have been inviting a lot of CFrs to really understand what it means to adapt a race car into a street car.
I really hope Porsche's starts the GT leasing program in the US like it does elsewhere so folks car try before buying.
I am sure some would dive in right away no questions asked but for the others it would avoid the regret you speak of.
=====================
dude you really truly go out of your way to discredit Porsche and their GT cars. Such unexplainable strong dislike of Porsche and other performance race bred cars.

McLaren Ferrari and VW Lamborghini cars………you simply consistently reject everything out of hand.
Its frankly really old and dishonest like your are CF defender.

we are all cars guys here and we like exotic interesting hardcore cars especially the C8Z06 and C8Z06 Z07. Corvette has never ever offered anything as revolutionary as the Z06.

Ive owned plenty of Corvettes and had hard riding buckboards like my C4 and C5 and have installed race performance suspensions on Porsche cars. The cars ride perfectly fine unless ones biased. We new adjustable suspension systems these cars are daily drivers if you want .

THE C8Z06 and Z07 cars will be awesome…… nasty fast , nasty ripping loud backfiring exhaust , hard core 4 valve evil “what the HELL is coming” sports car sound super stiff hard riding cars given aero and suspension …………maybe we Corvette fans should all SKIP Z06 and discredit it ……….go buy a Buick reatta or Caddillac cimmaron and be comfortable. A caddy Alante would be rare and collectible not draw attention as i head to Sunrise assisted living memory care.

Seriously- maybe youre 100% right all Porsche GT cars and other brands are terrible ………i should get a brain MRI. Unfortunately its too late as this POS was built and should be here soon.

110db, super stiff suspension , carbon fiber Recaro bucket starts , nasty light, fast, loud intake and exhaust backfires pops , paint to sample and damn Germans are expensive. 992GT3RS must be a 1750s settlers wooden wagon buck-board too. Lousy porsche gt cars no one wants em. Should flip it for fast $150k

Likely need ear protection and ADVIL to tolerate this

U boats could sink the vessel

Paint to sample Viola purple metallic .

Last edited by Joefab; 11-10-2022 at 06:33 AM.
ATC399 (11-17-2022)
Old 11-10-2022, 07:23 AM
416vette
Burning Brakes

Received 772 Likes on 365 Posts

If you live in an area with decently smooth roads the GT3RS from 997.2 thru 991.2, are all easily streetable. Granted that your body is young and/or healthy enough to handle the stiffer ride and enhanced noises. Porsche LWBS (non GT2) aren’t ideal for all, as ingress and egress become an issue for those not capable of “lifting” themselves in and out.
it’s definitely not a “one size” fits all..
Old 11-10-2022, 09:46 AM
Telepierre
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,166 Likes on 1,253 Posts

Originally Posted by Joefab
=====================
dude you really truly go out of your way to discredit Porsche and their GT cars. Such unexplainable strong dislike of Porsche and other performance race bred cars.

McLaren Ferrari and VW Lamborghini cars………you simply consistently reject everything out of hand.
Its frankly really old and dishonest like your are CF defender.

we are all cars guys here and we like exotic interesting hardcore cars especially the C8Z06 and C8Z06 Z07. Corvette has never ever offered anything as revolutionary as the Z06.

Ive owned plenty of Corvettes and had hard riding buckboards like my C4 and C5 and have installed race performance suspensions on Porsche cars. The cars ride perfectly fine unless ones biased. We new adjustable suspension systems these cars are daily drivers if you want .

THE C8Z06 and Z07 cars will be awesome…… nasty fast , nasty ripping loud backfiring exhaust , hard core 4 valve evil “what the HELL is coming” sports car sound super stiff hard riding cars given aero and suspension …………maybe we Corvette fans should all SKIP Z06 and discredit it ……….go buy a Buick reatta or Caddillac cimmaron and be comfortable. A caddy Alante would be rare and collectible not draw attention as i head to Sunrise assisted living memory care.

Seriously- maybe youre 100% right all Porsche GT cars and other brands are terrible ………i should get a brain MRI. Unfortunately its too late as this POS was built and should be here soon.

110db, super stiff suspension , carbon fiber Recaro bucket starts , nasty light, fast, loud intake and exhaust backfires pops , paint to sample and damn Germans are expensive. 992GT3RS must be a 1750s settlers wooden wagon buck-board too. Lousy porsche gt cars no one wants em. Should flip it for fast $150k

Likely need ear protection and ADVIL to tolerate this

U boats could sink the vessel

Paint to sample Viola purple metallic .
Joe. What is your problem? REALLY!!??

RBK shares a testimonial and you come after me?
All I posted is that it would be really wise to really check for oneself the daily driving characteristics of the 911 GT cars before committing. I am basically sending you potential customers your way and you post I am dishonest??

Enjoy your long awaited nice toy and when you have the Z06 start a GT4RS vs Z06 thread.

This is a GT3/Z06 thread

If you miss the sound and vibrations of RBK's GT3RS here is a link for you with the cabin decibels thresholds. The car is basically in OSHA sound safety violation starting at 35MPH! The 992 GT3 is basically the same. It is awesome to some and not so to others.

https://www.udrop.com/7wOG/991.2_GT3...bin_Levels.wmv

Old 11-10-2022, 10:30 AM
deeplateapex
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Specs tell part of the story-track performance the rest!

I am pleased, regardless of minor technical errors that several MT articles are POSITIVE and comparison with Porsche GT3 would never be attempted with previous non-C8 versions.
What has not been discussed is Car&Driver future article on their VIR track event/testing from 2 weeks ago. They will report the actual track capabilities of many high-end cars competing with the Z07 equipped “Merican” Muscle. Randy Pobst will eventually post on MT his feelings about the new Z- he told me how to order my 2015 Z07 that now hides from my C8. We are in the last years of high-performance ICE. Enjoy while we still can owning one of the Best!

Pace car for SCCA race at Summit Point

Jealous Z07 and 2020 C8 comparing smiles at November 2020 delivery!
Old 11-17-2022, 05:16 AM
RBK
Melting Slicks

Received 890 Likes on 409 Posts

I road race, and have a dedicated race car. As a result my comments pertain to "street/road driving".
I have no brand loyalty, just enjoy the cars I enjoy and the others not. With that said, a Ferrari 458 has great gearing for the street and a flat plane sound. Even though it is not as fast as some, it is a great drive. It "feels" like a race car. The Lamborghini Huracan, feels like a street car, but is fun to drive when using paddles or in manual, because the gearing in automatic is to high/long. I have owned many Porsches and they are well made and easy to drive. However, the Porsche Turbo S, although very fast, is otherwise boring. Secondly, if you own enough Porsches, as soon as you sell one and get in the next one, you feel like you never left the last one, since the facia is basically the same year after year. I can find more fun driving a Cadillac CTS V or (ordered) a Cadillac CTS5 Black Wing. The C7Z is fun to drive because every time you get on it, you can lose the rear end or do drifts coming on/off freeways. McClaren for me is "cramped", and the doors are an effort to use, with maintenance is a problem. Again, I simply report my experiences, and frankly as I get older find myself driving my Mercedes S AMG63 more often. While at it, the Maserati (I own one) makes more noise than speed. Finally, my C8 is balanced and enjoyable, could use a little more horsepower. I have driven everything from a Rolls Royce (feels like a tank) to prototype race cars, and when all said and done, it is one mans opinion.
The following 3 users liked this post by RBK:
C8Zora (11-17-2022), Joefab (11-17-2022), thebishman (11-17-2022)
Old 11-17-2022, 08:04 AM
Joefab
Supporting Vendor

Received 726 Likes on 331 Posts

I still kick myself for not buying a Ferrari 458 spider in 2019. $190k low mileage Bianco white spider black interior with carbon lightweight buckets white deviated cross stitching LED F1 steering wheel with paddles carbon bits and black factory BBS wheels 5000 miles . For crissake cars worth north of $250.

Oh well hindsight’s 20:20 and the new C8-Z06 will simply be excellent and at 670hp and all the new content and data coming out from various sources …….we are all due “ eventually with a high point of a final ICE engine car” . Thank you GM and the corvette team.
Hopefully a certain NASCAR driver will be delivering a Z06 to Fabspeed . It will be my pleasure to show you the factory parts and what we were able too improve .

SOULSEA — take care of that Spider !
Old 11-17-2022, 09:00 AM
vrybad
Le Mans Master

Received 712 Likes on 392 Posts

Not stock but I thought this was interesting, don't see many of these.
This must be an absolute blast to drive.

The following 2 users liked this post by vrybad:
416vette (11-17-2022), Joefab (11-17-2022)
Old 11-17-2022, 12:30 PM
416vette
Burning Brakes

Received 772 Likes on 365 Posts

^I was going down that route with my 718 GT4, but sold it before pulling the trigger.. I will likely go that route when I get my next 718/982 GT4 as the 4RS is unobtanium for me.. lol

Quick Reply: MT: C8 Z06 vs. 992 GT3