Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Cost of Maintenance c6

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 09:39 AM
getfunky
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cost of Maintenance c6

Hi folks, In a weeks time I'm about to buy an 06 corvette coupe with 27500km on its and maintained well by the previous owner. The monthly payments and insurance is cheap.... surprisingly cheaper than any other car (mustang, camero, challenger, genesis coupe) that was on my buy list . But I wonder, would such a vehicle be expensive to maintain? eg. oil changes, tires, brakes. Can someone give me how much $ these usually run for?

A search within the Canadian Events section didn't net me much results.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:17 AM
CanadaGrant
Safety Car

Received 416 Likes on 337 Posts

I have C5 andC6 ZO6's and have owned over 30 Corvettes since 1970. My C5 is an 02 that I have owned since new and it has never been back to the dealer for anything. Same with the 07. They can be a money pit as it is up to you just how much you spend on it but it isn't required and probably doesn't need it. They are actually very cheap to maintain and are very good on gas. I can get 30 mpg on the C5 and about 28 on the C6. My wife's old C3 gets about 15.
Make sure you either check it out carefully or have someone else do it for you before you buy as surprises can be expensive but if you get a good one it will last a long time.
Good luck and welcome to the board.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:28 PM
BT ZR1
2009 ZR1 SN 1166
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by getfunky
Hi folks, In a weeks time I'm about to buy an 06 corvette coupe with 27500km on its and maintained well by the previous owner. The monthly payments and insurance is cheap.... surprisingly cheaper than any other car (mustang, camero, challenger, genesis coupe) that was on my buy list . But I wonder, would such a vehicle be expensive to maintain? eg. oil changes, tires, brakes. Can someone give me how much $ these usually run for?

A search within the Canadian Events section didn't net me much results.
Its a chevy not a ferrari
Old 04-24-2011, 12:53 PM
Fawndeuce
Safety Car

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

Welcome to the club.
I had an '07 and now have a 2010 GS. I do my own oil changes, but other than a couple of minor things, so far so good. Be sure to get your alignment checked, tires are expensive and the fronts can wear on the inside unbenounced to you.

Paul
Old 04-24-2011, 02:10 PM
Overdrive
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it was well looked after in the past then it won't be any different than the Mustang or Camaro you listed. Change the oil/filter on schedule, watch for tire wear (most expensive wear item) and drive it. Things can break but no different to any other vehicle.

Auto or manual?
Old 04-24-2011, 09:08 PM
Airwilf
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

2 oil changes so far on the C6.Check with Obseshion Mark,he has my ex 02 C5.I had no problems there either except a battery change on the C5.

Last edited by Airwilf; 04-25-2011 at 08:23 PM. Reason: add info

Get notified of new replies

To Cost of Maintenance c6

Quick Reply: Cost of Maintenance c6