Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Can you do 200mph on a plugged tire???

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 11:17 AM
K RIPPER
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Can you do 200mph on a plugged tire???

Just when is that michelin pilot sport or any other ultra hi perf. tire that you spent mega $$$ on not safe after picking up a nail do you,plug,patch ,patch THEN tube it,are there "better" plugs to use??I have always used tubes w/slicks (good tubes natural rubber$$$)got a few flats patched tube and never gave it a second thought.My vette is capable of 180 plus had it up to 165 on a closed coursethat could be a lot of tread squirming and some heat build up.I've seen tire shops plug tires and their method is to pull nail or whatever thenream out hole w/a rasp sort of tool to open up the hole then put in the plug.A larger hole seems counter productive to me.I have plugged my GY super car tiresI took note the direction the angle the nail or whatever came out and put the plug in the same way but never felt comphy and never went fast on them.plugs i used are gooey-sticky with some sort of thread in them always worked ,never came outbut drag radials are typically used till the cords show or close to that are plugs compromised when little tread is left??ANY TIRE GURUS,TIRE DEALERS COMMENTS PLEASE
Old 05-30-2010, 04:22 PM
canamvette75
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

being as my buddy jay crashed at 150 on friday when he blew a plug out, id say no

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/drag...-the-wall.html
Old 06-10-2010, 07:35 PM
killerREDvette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well plug will come out wayyyy before 200 mph so u CAN'T do 200.

P.S.NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Get notified of new replies

To Can you do 200mph on a plugged tire???

Quick Reply: Can you do 200mph on a plugged tire???