Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

A8 C7 Z06 owners-how do you perform a burnout

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 11:14 AM
avtarv
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 68 Posts

Default A8 C7 Z06 owners-how do you perform a burnout

Sorry I searched and couldn't find anything. I was wondering how you A8 Z06 owners performed your burnout. Did you do it in Manual mode or in Drive?

TIA!
Old 09-26-2018, 01:20 PM
subfloor@centurytrans
Supporting Vendor

Received 777 Likes on 506 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared)
C6 of Year Winner (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by avtarv
Sorry I searched and couldn't find anything. I was wondering how you A8 Z06 owners performed your burnout. Did you do it in Manual mode or in Drive?

TIA!
I got rid of my 2015 A8 Z06 back in June (GM bought it back) but from what I remember you just need to press and hold the center console button until you see two lights appear on the dash indicating that all the nannies are off. Next, after pulling through the water box put your foot on the brakes fairly firmly and start stepping on the throttle until the rear tires break loose. Finding the proper amount of brake pressure does take some practice because with too much you'll sit there without anything happening and with too little you'll just start moving forward. For what it's worth, my 75 year old father visited me here in California from Canada last year (Niagara Falls to be specific) and despite never having raced before in any car he got the hang of it pretty quick.

Using this driving mode seems to be the only real way of consistently being able to do a burnout because with any other mode what I found is that while it's possible to get the rear tires spinning, the minute the rear end starts to swing to the left or right the PCM cuts power.

Here's a pic from a couple years ago:

Old 09-26-2018, 02:06 PM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,544 Likes on 1,044 Posts

What Christopher mentioned is correct. The only thing I will add is I start in M1, When the rears start spinning and rpms go up I shift to M2 and complete the burnout. Lighten up on the brake and continue spinning a few feet toward the staging lane. Put the selector back in Auto and you're good for a 10 second pass.
Old 11-02-2018, 12:45 AM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by 383vett
What Christopher mentioned is correct. The only thing I will add is I start in M1, When the rears start spinning and rpms go up I shift to M2 and complete the burnout. Lighten up on the brake and continue spinning a few feet toward the staging lane. Put the selector back in Auto and you're good for a 10 second pass.
And this is what it looks like from outside Willie's Z06.

Get notified of new replies

To A8 C7 Z06 owners-how do you perform a burnout

Quick Reply: A8 C7 Z06 owners-how do you perform a burnout