Notices
Engine Mods Outrageous Builds, High-Horsepower Modifications, strokers, and big cams for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dome top pistons L48

Old 06-13-2019, 09:39 AM
Jetmech75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dome top pistons L48

Hey all,
For years my father had the 350 4 bolt sitting in his garage. Now it has found its way to mine. 😂
Anyway, after researching the casting #'s on the block, heads and intake. They all match up to be an L48 with a block cast date of Aug, 14 1973.

I've been reading about the low compression with the 993 heads. And the mods some people have done. So I was thinking of polishing the runners and chambers. And maybe increasing the valve size with dome pistons. Not trying to go crazy. I know I'm limited on the runner flow. But what do you think?

Thanks for any input!

Last edited by Jetmech75; 06-13-2019 at 09:41 AM.
Old 07-02-2019, 02:09 PM
cuisinartvette
CF Senior Member

Received 1,275 Likes on 1,164 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Any particular reason why you are stuck on old iron heads? What cam, compression are you thinking of? Build plans/budget?

Fwiw there are some nice aftermarket irons...and tfs double hump aluminums

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dome top pistons L48

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: