Engine Mods Outrageous Builds, High-Horsepower Modifications, strokers, and big cams for the Corvette

Which single plane for my motor ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2002, 12:22 AM
427Hotrod
Race Director

Received 1,877 Likes on 915 Posts
2020 C2 of the Year - Modified Winner
2020 Corvette of the Year (performance mods)
C2 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019
2017 C2 of Year Finalist

Default Re: Which single plane for my motor ? (chewy)

As I said, I wasn't there, so for sure I trust your word and have no doubt it can be done.

But an 8 sec 1500 lb car with a 6000 converter and a dual plane intake is a pretty unusual combination. It would really be interesting to hear the entire combo. Cubes, heads,intake carb, compression, trans (its gearing too) rear gears, tire size, cam, headers etc. It would seem that there is an anomaly in the buildup that favored the dual plane , maybe on shift recovery or something. Just a little unusual, but you can't argue with success.

Trust me too on the Camaro's performance. Lots of time a the track playing and dialing in that sucker. The fresh air was in place before the intake change and we did back to back tests with it. The vast majority of the increase came from the intake alone with "better" sealing helping only a little as compared to the previous setup. It was getting fresh air, and apparently pretty healthy amount. This car regularly goes through converter flogs, header dialmeter tests etc. It's a true pump gas, DOT tired, low 10 sec car with a 2500 converter and 3.73 gears! No bottle and drives everywhere. He's about to install new heads to replace the GM iron oval ports and the plan is to work it into the 9's.

JIM
Old 12-22-2002, 04:58 PM
VetteLS6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Which single plane for my motor ? (69stingray)

I Run the original Torker as well and it seems to be good if the rpm's are kept above 3500....of course the cam profile would help in this area as we all know. The best pick for my combination is the GM LS6/L-88 manifold P/N 3933198 it seems to be the best of both worlds good upper end and good bottom. (note the center divider on this one is removed form the factory. I know I've been in this forum for quite sometime things here have been rather on the busy side. :cheers:

Quick Reply: Which single plane for my motor ?