Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Infinite Scroll Feedback Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 01:27 PM
jackthelad
Melting Slicks

Received 675 Likes on 519 Posts

It's a disaster! Please go back to the way it was. Or, make the whole thread one page, not multiple pages "sort of" linked together. And get rid of all this related topic nonsense. Half of them are nothing to do with the topic I was actually looking at, and given the "continuous scrolling", it's far too easy to start in the topic you are interested in, scroll down and you are in to something completely different. If you want to supply a link to a "related topic" fine, but it's just poor human factors design to move straight into another topic without the reader taking an overt action. And why, when I click on "edit" to update a post, do I now get the "delete" script show up?

Sorry to say, this site worked a whole lot better before these "improvements". At least give us an option to turn continuous scrolling off. And why has the font size shrunk when you are typing in? Like now in a reply box. Given the average age of Corvette owners, maybe it should be made bigger not smaller.

Last edited by jackthelad; 07-25-2018 at 01:32 PM.
Old 07-25-2018, 01:35 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jackthelad
It's a disaster! Please go back to the way it was....

Sorry to say, this site worked a whole lot better before these "improvements". At least give us an option to turn continuous scrolling off.
You have the option to disable it. Instructions were provided in the 1st post.

Originally Posted by IB Jason
If you would like to keep the standard thread view with separate pages, or remove the related threads that appear at a thread's end, head to your User CP's Edit Options page and simply disable “Infinite Scroll” or “Related Threads." Please note that these options only apply to the desktop version of CorvetteForum.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1597563415

And why has the font size shrunk when you are typing in? Like now in a reply box. Given the average age of Corvette owners, maybe it should be made bigger not smaller.
Are you sure? I see no difference. I can still access the old version and side-by-side see no difference. Make sure your browser's zoom hasn't changed. It can be set per site so it's possible it's only decreasing CorvetteForum.

Old 07-25-2018, 01:42 PM
jackthelad
Melting Slicks

Received 675 Likes on 519 Posts

Found how to turn this stuff off. Thank goodness.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:29 PM
Force-1
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
I believe in the Beer Fairy
USAF (Retired) 1979-2001

found how to turn this stuff off. Thank goodness.
rif
Old 08-09-2018, 03:19 PM
C6_Racer_X
Safety Car

Received 416 Likes on 321 Posts
Default I'm noticing more Zombie threads (really old stuff coming back to life).

With the new "infinite scroll," Zombie threads are becoming more common. If you scroll down past the reply box, it now starts loading the first "related thread." I consider that a serious bug with the new forum software, not a feature. You should at least have to click on a link to re-animate a zombie thread.

I think there's an auto-close feature available too. I'm not usually in favor of that as it can close active discussions. But setting it to "auto close after 7 years" (2556 days if it counts in days) seems fairly useful. Anything still around that long can get a new "reopened" or "continued" thread if it needs to be reopened.
Old 10-18-2018, 02:45 AM
okaythen
Melting Slicks

Received 166 Likes on 148 Posts

Haha I was reading a thread, read it to the end, then went back to re-read few posts. Then I just press "end" to go to the end of the page. But it went to end of the page in related threads. Posted my question and I bet people were like what is he talking about because it's not related to that thread at all lol. Then searched and found this thread and disabled infinity scroll.
Old 12-12-2022, 04:07 PM
C8OnOrder
Racer

Received 395 Likes on 141 Posts

I know this is ancient but I dont like infinite scroll. I always adjust it back to regular pagination mode.

Quick Reply: Infinite Scroll Feedback Thread