Northern California Northern California

Corvette Care, Rancho Cordova. Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 10:39 PM
vetterestorer1
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am Dick from Corvette Care and I did talk to Jay about your car and he told me that he checked the condition of the car for you and told you that it would cost more to check all the numbers and you declined to spend more to do so. That being said, are you sure that the engine is not numbers matching? Look at the engine casting number and the stamp numbers on the block (just in front if the passenger head) and the cast date code of the block. If the block has been milled in the past, the stamp numbers may be hard to read or gone.

Matching numbers engine typically means the engine block -- that is why you frequently see major components numbers matching (engine, trans., and rear end in Corvette advertisements. Generators, starters, intake manifolds, carbs., etc are frequently changed. You said you checked the intake manifold, that is not the engine block. The wrong intake manifold does not mean the engine is not numbers matching, it does mean that the intake manifold is not numbers matching.

Corvette Care typically charges about $300.00 to check all the numbers (it takes 3 to 4 hours and requires component removal (valve covers, ignition shielding, fan, etc., so you did not pay for that service.

I will be more than happy to help you decode the engine -- send me the numbers -- corvettecare@hotmail.net

Numbers matching in the strictest NCRS interpretation means correctly date coded hoses, belts, tires and on and on.

I hope that helps clarify things for you and congrads on purchasing a California Corvette -- you will find that lack of rust will lead to an easy restoration...

Dick
Old 06-15-2011, 11:41 AM
bmukkamala
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Numbers

Dick,

Thanks for your offer to check the numbers (better late than never perhaps)

I sent them to the email you suggested and the response I got from Mr Van Every was:

"Please e-mail all your future responses' to Dick Collier's personal E-mail. With over 20 Corvettes in the shop I don't have time for your whining any longer."

please advise as to if you want me to send them to your private email. If so, please message me with the address

Thanks again.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:11 PM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

Location: Reno is so close to Hell you can see Sparks , State Of Confusion
Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by bmukkamala
Dick,

Thanks for your offer to check the numbers (better late than never perhaps)

I sent them to the email you suggested and the response I got from Mr Van Every was:

"Please e-mail all your future responses' to Dick Collier's personal E-mail. With over 20 Corvettes in the shop I don't have time for your whining any longer."

please advise as to if you want me to send them to your private email. If so, please message me with the address

Thanks again.
I guess he told you. Now Please stop the bashing in my thread, Start your own, It is only right you take it else where.
Thank You.
Mr.Bill
Old 09-02-2011, 02:12 PM
sugarray57
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Apparently, a lot of you all go for the free food....LOL, but finding a reputable shop is the most important. I WILL give Corvette Care a shot after talking with Phillip.The other guys I USED to do business with have let me down big time. With the economy circling the drain and $5.00 donuts, I now know why some are hurting. Guess they would rather sell personal protection. If I need a piece of iron to add to my arsenal, I'll buy it from a specialized dealer. When I NEED the corvette repaired/serviced, I'll look for a CORVETTE facility!!!!

Quick Reply: Corvette Care, Rancho Cordova. Pictures