Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

5.0 Engine

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 08:50 PM
Dominic Toretto
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Vette Suspension
Yes, it states they are estimates. And yes, a little lighter and, smaller then the Camaro which is a huge reason so many women prefer the Mustang.
With that said, you are driving a female preferred car yourself. Good job.

-Alex
Old 03-05-2010, 12:21 AM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AlexSmith
With that said, you are driving a female preferred car yourself. Good job.

-Alex
You have always been kind of a odd one on the C6 forum where this thread originated. The C5 was for many years and still is considered a Richard Simmons guy kind of car.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:43 AM
chazc6
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Wulverine
The 2011 GT500 is getting an AL block and will be lighter with forged internals. It will *** rape the Z28 if it ever gets produced!
It's going to be interesting. It's a classic match up.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:49 AM
darkstallion_69
Burning Brakes

I absolutly love Mustangs and the new look and Im thrilled the 5.0 is returning. The name plate alone gets me exciting. I owned a 91 Foxbody and loved the 5.0. Mind you I know the new engine is hardly comparable mechanically in any way. What i hear is that GT's will be in the high 12's to low 13's with this new motor, with the old 4.6 they were getting mid 13's. thats pretty quick to me. And for all you haters talking about wieght. A gt weighs 3533 lbs. Thats not bad considering it altleast has BACKSEATS. a corvette weighs 3300 lbs. here is a review on the big three for you guys to checkout.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/blog...s/4309423.html

Last edited by darkstallion_69; 03-05-2010 at 12:55 AM.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:52 AM
jordan89
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not knocking Ford's engines here. But the general has the funds and, I will take the LS3 or the 556 HP Caddy/Camaro engines over any of Ford's.
Originally Posted by timd38
Lets think about it. The Mustang 5.0 has 4 cams and 32 valves. How much do you thing a pair of heads cost?

That is an overhead cam engine, which is a plus for power. I'd take an LSX engine over a Ford engine any day. I've always wondered why GM doesn't come out with an overhead cam V8 engine, I know they had them on the ZR1's, but how would a LS based engine perform with 4 cams and 32 Valves.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:21 AM
Dominic Toretto
Race Director

You have always been kind of a odd one on the C6 forum where this thread originated. The C5 was for many years and still is considered a Richard Simmons guy kind of car.
You should only take your meds as prescribed, they are not candy.

You said Mustangs are preferred by women because they are smaller and lighter.

Corvette = smaller than a Mustang
Corvette = lighter than a Mustang

You said that, not me. I'd like to see where you're getting your stats or if they are inebriated assumptions is all

-Alex
Old 03-05-2010, 09:41 AM
gleds
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HOWEVER, I still like Ford. If they didn't make Chevy's - I'd buy a Ford. I do like the way the new mustangs look. The problem is, Ford went the wrong way when they developed the modular engine, now they're stuck with it. The only way to get big HP out of it is to put 4 valve heads or a blower on it.[/QUOTE]

The new 5.0 is NOT a modular engine. It shares little with previous ford engines. OHC engines have ALWAYS produced more power than OHV engines when compared apples to apples due to the ability to have taller and more efficiently shaped ports. Look at the C4 ZR1.... Look at the boss 429..... The truth is GM has simply mastered the OHV engine design and squeezes a lot of hp out of it. I have love for Chevy and for Ford; afterall I support American....
Old 03-05-2010, 12:38 PM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

You should only take your meds as prescribed, they are not candy.

You said Mustangs are preferred by women because they are smaller and lighter.

Corvette = smaller than a Mustang
Corvette = lighter than a Mustang

You said that, not me. I'd like to see where you're getting your stats or if they are inebriated assumptions is all

-Alex
Your point may be the dimmest point put forward on this forum in the last year. You should do some research before making yourself look like a complete & total fool on a open forum. Even more so with your mug on your avatar.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:43 PM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by gleds
HOWEVER, I still like Ford. If they didn't make Chevy's - I'd buy a Ford. I do like the way the new mustangs look. The problem is, Ford went the wrong way when they developed the modular engine, now they're stuck with it. The only way to get big HP out of it is to put 4 valve heads or a blower on it.

The new 5.0 is NOT a modular engine. It shares little with previous ford engines. OHC engines have ALWAYS produced more power than OHV engines when compared apples to apples due to the ability to have taller and more efficiently shaped ports. Look at the C4 ZR1.... Look at the boss 429..... The truth is GM has simply mastered the OHV engine design and squeezes a lot of hp out of it. I have love for Chevy and for Ford; afterall I support American....

Great points. I'm a Chevy guy but have no problem with Ford. The Mustang is a nice car. But, for pure muscle I prefer the Challenger & Camaro. However, the 5.0 does deserve respect.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:45 PM
Dominic Toretto
Race Director

Your point may be the dimmest point put forward on this forum in the last year. You should do some research before making yourself look like a complete & total fool on a open forum. Even more so with your mug on your avatar.
Your inability to understand your own foolishness is pretty funny. And how do you know that is even me in the avatar? Oh I get it, more assumptions. I'll just let you continue on your path less travelled. Do continue as I need the laughs at work

-Alex
Old 03-05-2010, 12:52 PM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

Your inability to understand your own foolishness is pretty funny. And how do you know that is even me in the avatar? Oh I get it, more assumptions. I'll just let you continue on your path less travelled. Do continue as I need the laughs at work

-Alex
So your telling us on the forum that the Corvette C6 is preferred by females?

Not sure if you have the intellect to understand my original point on the small Mustang. Of the 3 muscle cars the Mustang, Camaro, & Challenger which one has been obviously prefered by women for many years? I'm not bashing women. The point was of the 3 cars the Mustang is the smallest & more women buy the car. Now you took that and, had to turn it into a bash on the C6 which you do not even own. Odd..

BTW..What I said about the C5 was a joke that made as much sense as your bash on the C6..Maybe one day when you get a C6 you wont feel a need to bash it.

Last edited by Vette Suspension; 03-05-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:01 PM
Dominic Toretto
Race Director

So your telling us on the forum that the Corvette C6 is preferred by females?

Not sure if you have the intellect to understand my original point on the small Mustang. Of the 3 muscle cars the Mustang, Camaro, & Challenger which one has been obviously prefered by women for many years? I'm not bashing women. The point was of the 3 cars the Mustang is the smallest & more women buy the car. Now you took that and, had to turn it into a bash on the C6 which you do not even own. Odd..
Nope, not what I said at all. I did not even emply or infur it.

What I simply commented on was that you said females prefer a certain car because it is smaller and lighter than a Camaro. I said by that logic you would agree that a Corvette is a female preferred car because it is indeed smaller and lighter than a Camaro. Then you went off on some tangent of name calling and 3rd grade level insults. To which I am amused with on the level that, your best retort is insulting my intelligence for finding flaws in your own logic when you could have simply understood my point in the first place. Obviously that task was too difficult for you as you just resorted to harp on my avatar pick and tried your hand at the insults game when simple English is confused you.

-Alex
Old 03-05-2010, 01:02 PM
Dominic Toretto
Race Director

BTW..What I said about the C5 was a joke that made as much sense as your bash on the C6..Maybe one day when you get a C6 you wont feel a need to bash it.
I would like you to quote exactly where I bashed the C6 please.

-Alex
Old 03-05-2010, 01:18 PM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

Nope, not what I said at all. I did not even emply or infur it.

What I simply commented on was that you said females prefer a certain car because it is smaller and lighter than a Camaro. I said by that logic you would agree that a Corvette is a female preferred car because it is indeed smaller and lighter than a Camaro. Then you went off on some tangent of name calling and 3rd grade level insults. To which I am amused with on the level that, your best retort is insulting my intelligence for finding flaws in your own logic when you could have simply understood my point in the first place. Obviously that task was too difficult for you as you just resorted to harp on my avatar pick and tried your hand at the insults game when simple English is confused you.

-Alex
Listen, this is not the first time you have taken a shot at the C6. However, your comparing 2 cars that are completely different. The Camaro & Corvette are in a different class. Yet, the Mustang, Camaro, & Challenger are not.

In the future just be aware of your comments and, what your jumping into.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Dominic Toretto
Race Director

Listen, this is not the first time you have taken a shot at the C6. However, your comparing 2 cars that are completely different. The Camaro & Corvette are in a different class. Yet, the Mustang, Camaro, & Challenger are not.

In the future just be aware of your comments and, what your jumping into.
I never said they were in the same class genius. Where are you getting your information. You make a lot of assumptions. Okay do this. Go through this thread and quote exactly where I said the Corvette and these pony cars are in the same class. Also quote, where I took a shot at the C6. If you can do that, I will drop it. If not, you just proved you assumed all those points. Happy hunting.

-Alex
Old 03-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

I never said they were in the same class genius. Where are you getting your information. You make a lot of assumptions. Okay do this. Go through this thread and quote exactly where I said the Corvette and these pony cars are in the same class. Also quote, where I took a shot at the C6. If you can do that, I will drop it. If not, you just proved you assumed all those points. Happy hunting.

-Alex
Try going back and, reading your own posts. It's not that hard.

Also, as stated earlier. When your able to step up to a C6 maybe then you will appreciate it more. Until then your comments about the C6 hold little value.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:50 PM
Dominic Toretto
Race Director

Try going back and, reading your own posts. It's not that hard.

Also, as stated earlier. When your able to step up to a C6 maybe then you will appreciate it more. Until then your comments about the C6 hold little value.
I see you can quote my posts yet you cannot find a post of me saying something negative about the C6. Epic fail my friend.

Oh and C6s are not expensive. I don't have one because I don't want one. Me, my co-workers and several others that have pmed me are getting a good laugh out of your foolishness. But you have taken this thread too far out off topic now and I see why so many have warned me about trying to use reason with you. You have a good day sir

-Alex

Get notified of new replies

To 5.0 Engine

Old 03-05-2010, 03:52 PM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

I see you can quote my posts yet you cannot find a post of me saying something negative about the C6. Epic fail my friend.

Oh and C6s are not expensive. I don't have one because I don't want one. Me, my co-workers and several others that have pmed me are getting a good laugh out of your foolishness. But you have taken this thread too far out off topic now and I see why so many have warned me about trying to use reason with you. You have a good day sir

-Alex
You think I'm going to go search your posts? Get a grip.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Never Say Never
Melting Slicks

VS give it up. This guy is a famous trouble maker and liar. Do you really believe this guy is sitting around at work and his co-workers and others are all on the forum? That alone should be signal enough to stay away from the troll.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:59 PM
Dominic Toretto
Race Director

You think I'm going to go search your posts? Get a grip.
No, actually I don't expect much from you. Take care.

-Alex

Quick Reply: 5.0 Engine