Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Almost killed by a Toyota today!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 10:20 PM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VorteXGT
You can rant and rave about Toyota all you want, but I find it equally (if not more) disgusting the crazy lengths that some people are going to cash in on this situation -- which has almost certainly been fueled by (some) BS anyways.

Oh and lets not get into the "BUY AMERICAN!" soapbox preaching. American car companies have screwed their fellow Americans in their own ways. Not to mention, if their product isn't better than what else is out there (Asian, German, whatever...), then only a fool buys it simply to "support an American company."
Sad people think like this. Real sad. Thank GOD for fools that support their country and, the ones that have in the past. If not many more would be as ignorant as the above member.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:51 AM
VorteXGT
New Money Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Vette Suspension
Sad people think like this. Real sad. Thank GOD for fools that support their country and, the ones that have in the past. If not many more would be as ignorant as the above member.
I can think of 10 other ways just off the top of my head to support this country rather than giving money to an American COMPANY (who cares first and foremost about profit, unless it's GM), if and when there are better products out there. But since I'm the ignorant one, I guess I'll just continue driving my BMW built in South Carolina and donating to worthy American non-profits while you preach the American gospel.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:33 PM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

I can think of 10 other ways just off the top of my head to support this country rather than giving money to an American COMPANY (who cares first and foremost about profit, unless it's GM), if and when there are better products out there. But since I'm the ignorant one, I guess I'll just continue driving my BMW built in South Carolina and donating to worthy American non-profits while you preach the American gospel.
I know the it's built in America out to make you feel like a patriot. However, it is at best. Since your so caught up in past stating what American companies have done in the past by screwing people. Do we really need to bring up BMW's history in WWII and, the awful things the machines they built did to human beings?

GOD forbid we buy from American companies and, keep the profits here in America. GM and, America will surprise you on how both will rebound in time. Never forget what this great country and, company has done in the past. Sounds as if you need to break out some history books and, learn what a great country you live in.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:30 PM
Dave68
Race Director

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Never forget what this great country and, company has done in the past. Sounds as if you need to break out some history books and, learn what a great country you live in.
I guess that means that if you love your state you should NEVER order from Amazon or Ebay, since tax revenues for those products would not go to your state?

...or perhaps you prefer going to a particular mall.....would you limit yourself to buying shoes only the shoe store in that mall?

I could go on and on.....
Old 04-29-2010, 04:13 PM
VorteXGT
New Money Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '13

Sounds as if you need to break out some history books and, learn what a great country you live in.
Oh sh!!! You're right! I broke out the history books and couldn't believe what I found!

Tonight I'm going to drive my BMW into a lake since BMW is a German company. Then I'm going to light my wife's 350Z on fire (with her in it, because she's 25% German) and watch those Japanese parts burn. Next I'll rip up my Italian leather couch. I'll send pictures of the destruction to my southern Confederate friends with a message "YOU'RE NEXT!", except in a foreign language because I don't want to speak the same language as those filthy English red-coats!

And when I'm done, I'll fill my yard with 1,000 American flags! But when I realize they're all made in CHINA, I'll feel like a dumb***...

like you.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:38 PM
m48xhp
Melting Slicks

Received 211 Likes on 80 Posts

Oh sh!!! You're right! I broke out the history books and couldn't believe what I found!

Tonight I'm going to drive my BMW into a lake since BMW is a German company. Then I'm going to light my wife's 350Z on fire (with her in it, because she's 25% German) and watch those Japanese parts burn. Next I'll rip up my Italian leather couch. I'll send pictures of the destruction to my southern Confederate friends with a message "YOU'RE NEXT!", except in a foreign language because I don't want to speak the same language as those filthy English red-coats!

And when I'm done, I'll fill my yard with 1,000 American flags! But when I realize they're all made in CHINA, I'll feel like a dumb***...

like you.
if i get a lead on some American made American flags, I'll shoot you a PM
Old 04-29-2010, 04:55 PM
ZishanM
Pro

Received 276 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by mariomark
Thanks for the kind words. What I went through was nothing compared to what some Toyota owners are going through. Whether real or not the perceived problem is worrying some car owners to death. Of the two Toyotas in my extended family, separated by model and years, one had this issue before it was widely known. I know all makes have problems. What bothers me about Toyota is what if they knew about it before the public started having these problems, even warning agencies in other countries before the U.S.? Over many decades the U.S. purchased enough of these cheap reliable cars to make Toyota the giant it is today. Personally I'd rather feed my own giant. I've bought American cars made in Canada and Australia. But always with an American name. Everyone has a choice and I don't knock anyone for buying what they want. I do reserve the right to mercilessly pick on any car buyer I want. After all, this is America. Unfortunately, I've had the experience of driving slow around awful wrecks on the highways of Houston for many years. The worst looking cars after wrecks always seemed to be the Japanese or Asian ones. I do believe my eyeballs. When it is time for my kid to get a car it will be an American car. If there is a safety problem, I can't help but feel it would be better handled by an American manufacturer. I am going to shut the hell up now.
No need to shut up at all.
I have never heard so much crap. Are you guys the same person?
Old 04-29-2010, 05:39 PM
Dominic Toretto
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

VorteX and Dave, sent ya a pm. This thread will go to hell REAL soon, just break it off now

-Alex
Old 04-29-2010, 07:01 PM
Roostertail
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '06

What's all this have to do with the guy that was nearly run over?

To the OP, glad you didn't get hurt

Nick
Old 04-29-2010, 10:36 PM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

Mariomark will send you a PM about the member in post 48.

Last edited by Vette Suspension; 04-29-2010 at 10:45 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:45 PM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

like you.

About the most intelligent thing you have said yet.

Some people are brought up with a sense of pride in their country and, appreciation for what it offers. Others are obviously not. Let us all hope one day we do not wake up and, find people like this in power with no appreciation for this country and, the wonderful things it has done. This is a prime example of how the countries education system and, lack of history has done to its citizenry.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:10 PM
m48xhp
Melting Slicks

Received 211 Likes on 80 Posts

About the most intelligent thing you have said yet.

Some people are brought up with a sense of pride in their country and, appreciation for what it offers. Others are obviously not. Let us all hope one day we do not wake up and, find people like this in power with no appreciation for this country and, the wonderful things it has done. This is a prime example of how the countries education system and, lack of history has done to its citizenry.
im sorry my friend, but you need to learn that true patriotism is more than skin deep. your heart is in the right place, though.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:37 PM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by m48xhp
im sorry my friend, but you need to learn that true patriotism is more than skin deep. your heart is in the right place, though.
Thanks.

I'm not saying that people who buy oversea's are not patriotic. But, we as Americans hold some responsibility for our actions and, even our purchases. Not just because we live here, but in part to all the opportunities this country has offered us. What I find very sad and, quite disturbing is a statement like this below.

Oh and lets not get into the "BUY AMERICAN!" soapbox preaching. American car companies have screwed their fellow Americans in their own ways. Not to mention, if their product isn't better than what else is out there (Asian, German, whatever...), then only a fool buys it simply to "support an American company."

American companies although far from perfect have entitled many people to feed their families and, live a good life. American companies as far back as WWII supplied weapons and, arms to save the world from tyranny. In my book that counts for something.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:47 PM
AvidFan
Burning Brakes

Add this one to your list of possible Toyota problems. Happened today in Fort Worth and a young mother is now dead. What people describe seeing the car do before the accident sounds really strange.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/High-...-92426769.html
Old 04-30-2010, 05:04 PM
Dominic Toretto
Race Director

To the OP, sorry about the wild experience and sorry some people decided to derail the thread. Someone almost dies or gets seriously injured and people are talking about being patriotic. Talk about failing maturity.

-Alex
Old 05-01-2010, 12:19 PM
stic5
Pro

Originally Posted by Dave68
A good percentage of them are "elderly" drivers who confuse the gas and brake pedals. It used to be mostly Oldsmobiles and Buicks but now that many baby boomers are getting old, it's more likely to be Hondas, Toyotas, Nissans, Infinities, Lexus, and Acuras that are bearing the brunt of the "runaway acceleration" accusations.

As long as there are older drivers, there will always be this excuse.
Good ol' Denial Dave giving us is super biased $0.02 cents. I'm very happy for him because pretty soon he's going to be able all the Toyotas he wants for about $500 each. I just hope one of them doesn't kill him.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:21 PM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by AlexSmith
To the OP, sorry about the wild experience and sorry some people decided to derail the thread. Someone almost dies or gets seriously injured and people are talking about being patriotic. Talk about failing maturity.

-Alex
From the official CF apologist.

GOD forbid we talk about patriotism. What complete and, total b.s from this guy as usual on several different subjects. Not to mention never more then just a few sentences as a reply or comment. Talk about failure in education.

Get notified of new replies

To Almost killed by a Toyota today!

Old 05-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by AvidFan
Add this one to your list of possible Toyota problems. Happened today in Fort Worth and a young mother is now dead. What people describe seeing the car do before the accident sounds really strange.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/High-...-92426769.html
Very sad . Yet another blow to questionable Toyota quality and, a larger blow to the import fans and, lovers on this forum. Sadly, Americans have died and, jailed due solely to a cover up by a foreign company.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:30 PM
Dominic Toretto
Race Director

From the official CF apologist.

GOD forbid we talk about patriotism. What complete and, total b.s from this guy as usual on several different subjects. Not to mention never more then just a few sentences as a reply or comment. Talk about failure in education.
Your credibility continues to weaken as you post. As with this thread and others, I see I am not the only one to get under your skin with logical posts. Your failure to see the big picture is saddening really. Someone almost dies and you want to add in your personal attacks against Toyota. I'm sure you will continue to add more of your cancer to this thread as you normally do. Go ahead, prove me correct and respond with something else you think you know.

-Alex
Old 05-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by AlexSmith
Your credibility continues to weaken as you post. As with this thread and others, I see I am not the only one to get under your skin with logical posts. Your failure to see the big picture is saddening really. Someone almost dies and you want to add in your personal attacks against Toyota. I'm sure you will continue to add more of your cancer to this thread as you normally do. Go ahead, prove me correct and respond with something else you think you know.

-Alex
Maybe you should look into the type of car that killed the people you appear to have so much passion and, concern for. Sadly, your passion and, concern appears as usual to be more for the import car (Toyota) then the Americans that died in the cars. This is why you almost always appear in a thread that concerns import cars. Though your constant defense of imports may be admirable to some. Sadly, your defense and, admiration for imports this time is misplaced and, clearly wrong.