Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Modified GTR vs. Modified ZR1 who would win?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 12:00 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by motogib1
I would take the GTR as a daily driver over the ZR1 as you could drive it in the snow with the AWD. Besides it is ugly as hell so who cares if you tear it up.
All depends on where you live. If you live in the Southwest, you don't get snow. Ever.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:44 PM
Wanderer Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update!!

Well my AMS Alpha-9 GT-R ran a 205.3mph which is a new Standing Mile Record for a GT-R

I was kind of doubting it would break the record when I heard about how bad the crosswinds were blowing down there in TX. What I'm really impressed with is the fact that it's only a turbo upgrade car and not a full blown turbo kit car which would make a lot more power than mine especially up top.

Thought some of you might be interested.

BTW here is how bad the wind was blowing down there! A UGR TT Lambo flipped at 235mph!

Here is the most current video of the accident but the guy with the camera turns away so you can't acually see the flip. I'm sure there will be more videos of this bad crash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klniz...layer_embedded

Thank God the driver is Ok.

Last edited by Wanderer Z06; 10-24-2010 at 02:13 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:45 AM
kageryu311
Pro

Originally Posted by motogib1
haha, most ZR1 owners are gentlemen cruisers. I don't have the luxury of a $110,000 factory screamer. Besides which the ZR1 is over the top for the GTR. Give a decent drag racer a month of practice and some ET streets with Z06 and they will stomp the chit out of the GTR no problems. The biggest drawback for us guys running C5s is drive train, we just don't want to put $$ into upgrading the to prevent catastrophic failures. ZR1 drive train is built like a tank. There are heads and cam C5s driven into the 9s. ZR1 could be driven into the 9s by a dedicated drag racer on pump gas with bolt-ons. On the street, dollar per dollar a ZR1 could put the smack down on the GTR. The stock GTR runs mid 11s by means of AWD. Stock ZR1 can run 10's with Drs and a good launch. This Alpha 10 GTR has a "fortified completely forged motor and a prepared transmission". This equals major major dollars. Give me these kind of dollars and I could put my C5 deep into the 9s naturally aspirated. I still say dollar per dollar you can go faster with a ZR1. Put some DRs on a stock ZR1 and the GTR will have sink some major bucks to keep up.
How can you compare the ZR-1 to the GT-R dollar for dollar when the ZR-1 is $20,000 more? I can argue that putting the $20,000 that was saved I can beat the ZR-1
Old 10-25-2010, 12:46 AM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Originally Posted by kageryu311
How can you compare the ZR-1 to the GT-R dollar for dollar when the ZR-1 is $20,000 more? I can argue that putting the $20,000 that was saved I can beat the ZR-1
Last I heard on the Nissan forums, is Nissan loses money on every GT-R it sells(kind of like the Acura NSX) due to them selling it for less than the cost of building it. Chevrolet could do that if they wanted and price the ZR-1 at 70-80k...
Old 10-25-2010, 12:55 AM
kageryu311
Pro

Originally Posted by JustinStrife
Last I heard on the Nissan forums, is Nissan loses money on every GT-R it sells(kind of like the Acura NSX) due to them selling it for less than the cost of building it. Chevrolet could do that if they wanted and price the ZR-1 at 70-80k...
Link please, and we all know how little is actually made off of the ZR1s due GM feeding off of the teet of our government.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:41 AM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Originally Posted by kageryu311
Link please, and we all know how little is actually made off of the ZR1s due GM feeding off of the teet of our government.
I'm getting a headache going through nicoclub's new forum. The changes they have made over the past year make it a lot harder to search for stuff, and the website is murder on my eyes.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:19 AM
Allthrottleandsomebottle
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts
Virginia Events Coordinator
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Ok...........as all the GTR threads usually end up............we are done here

Quick Reply: Modified GTR vs. Modified ZR1 who would win?