Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Viper reclaims Nurburgring record from LFA and ZR1.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 02:28 PM
Guibo
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks, Dave.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:42 AM
PDCjonny
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Guibo
Thanks, Dave.
Yes, that's high praise from one of the forums biggest asses.
Congrats!
Old 10-06-2011, 10:57 AM
Thomasmoto
Race Director

Received 1,505 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Have you guys had your medications for the day yet? How about a Prozac milkshake to make you a little more friendly?
Old 10-06-2011, 12:54 PM
Guibo
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by PDCjonny
Yes, that's high praise from one of the forums biggest asses.
Congrats!
Running out of ideas, PDCjonny? Here's one for you.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/foru...rd-others.html

I could not find any forum rule that mandates ownership of a particular car in order to post comments about it. Just as the ACR is faster, just as the ZR1 makes for a better road car, I'm sure this is by design.
Old 10-06-2011, 03:26 PM
PDCjonny
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

There is no forum rule mandating car ownership, but it CERTAINLY gives far more weight to a persons opinion than the guesswork of a poser who gets their information off of websites and from other peoples opinions. Sound familiar?
Old 10-06-2011, 06:16 PM
Guibo
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by PDCjonny
There is no forum rule mandating car ownership, but it CERTAINLY gives far more weight to a persons opinion than the guesswork of a poser who gets their information off of websites and from other peoples opinions. Sound familiar?
No, it does not sound familiar. The figures off of websites would have to have come from GM and Dodge (sales figures, which come from corporate and are made available to various media outlets). One does not have to own a Veyron to guess that it's pretty damn fast, just as one does not have to own a Viper ACR to know that it's relatively narrowly focused and not as well rounded as other cars. When Dodge's own Ralph Gilles says that Chrysler's new products (Viper included) have to do better, appeal to a wider audience (ie, focus more on what more people are looking for, rather than just lap times at the expense of those other things), you have to accept there is some truth to that. This is not just me "guessing." This is from the mouth of SRT's top man.
Did you, PDCjonny, actually drive a bone stock ACR to the claimed time? No, you did not. Like the rest of us, you got that information off of websites. If you claim otherwise, I'm going to have to laugh.
The opinion that the ZR1 is a better street car is not my guesswork. It has been confirmed by those who have owned both and who have posted in this very thread. It has also, not coincidentally, been confirmed by those who own neither, but have driven both over the same roads and same conditions, so can be considered a disinterested source of information, particularly when back-to-back A-vs-B comparisons are called for. You calling people "poser" or "***" doesn't change that fact.

Other people in this thread have made comments without having owned both cars. There have been comments made in this thread about the LFA, GT-R, Prius, and Toyota trucks by people who don't own them either. Why are you not up inside of their butts and calling them names? It was never an issue before. Why is it an issue now? You are diverting discussion from the topics at hand and attacking people who disagree with you on purely personal grounds. Step back, take a breath, and tell me with a straight face that that is not what has in fact happened here.

Last edited by Guibo; 10-06-2011 at 06:27 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:31 PM
cratica
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave68

Sorry guys, but when it comes to pure logic, Guibo is among the best. He could easily have replaced Dr. Spock in a Star Trek movie, and I say that out of respect.
???????????? WOW!! You must be mistaking the quantity of text for quality of text.

I see nothing from Guibo but highly slanted opinions.... many of which are not only off-base, but untrue...
Old 10-07-2011, 01:23 AM
Guibo
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by cratica
???????????? WOW!! You must be mistaking the quantity of text for quality of text.

I see nothing from Guibo but highly slanted opinions.... many of which are not only off-base, but untrue...
What have I said that is factually false?
Old 10-07-2011, 10:06 AM
Dave68
Race Director

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by cratica

Step away from your medication cabinet, Bro. If you believe that quoting experts and owners is somehow untrue/slanted, you really need to clear your head of those meds and get back to the real world.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:24 PM
BluegrassMotorsport
Melting Slicks

Received 883 Likes on 478 Posts

lol @ this thread.

So the Viper beat the Corvette, so what? Can't we all just respect it for what it has done? It was built in America as well, so extra props for that.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:46 PM
Allthrottleandsomebottle
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts
Virginia Events Coordinator
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Ok..............that is enough of the PAs
Keep it on track or feel the wrath of vacation time....not a threat, a promise to all.
If ya got questions, pm/e-mail me vs. posting........also a rule
Steve

Quick Reply: Viper reclaims Nurburgring record from LFA and ZR1.