Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

I Gave the 2015 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat a Bath

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 09:34 AM
DerekShiekhi
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I Gave the 2015 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat a Bath

I Gave the 2015 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat a Bath

Earlier this week, my fellow automotive journalists in the Lone Star State and I met at the Texas Motor Speedway in Dallas to drive dozens of vehicles, including the 2015 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat, and determine which ones would win first place in their respective categories.

Read the rest on the CorvetteForum.com homepage. >>
Old 03-13-2015, 10:45 AM
mre1974
Drifting

Received 330 Likes on 186 Posts

Badge ****** can hate on the hellcats all they want but you can't really deny that they are impressive vehicles. I certainly wouldn't have any complaints having one.
Old 03-13-2015, 11:44 AM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by mre1974
Badge ****** can hate on the hellcats all they want but you can't really deny that they are impressive vehicles. I certainly wouldn't have any complaints having one.
I think people are just butt hurt a 4dr vehicle can pull there sports cars. Then say well what can it do around the track which 90 plus percent of people wont ever take it to a track. The charger/challenger hellcats are a beast and i welcome the HP wars!!! I love my vette but I would trade it in a heart beat for one of these if i disnt dump so much money into it. Ford and Dodge really stepped up their game. GM please take note
Old 03-13-2015, 12:23 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

shes purty!!
Old 03-13-2015, 05:28 PM
SaberD
Melting Slicks

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

no thanks. I'm one of the few that values handling and the connection with the car over acceleration. Anyone can make a brick do the 1/4.
Old 03-13-2015, 05:30 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by SaberD
no thanks. I'm one of the few that values handling and the connection with the car over acceleration. Anyone can make a brick do the 1/4.
Serious question, have you ever had your car on a road course.
Old 03-13-2015, 05:37 PM
SaberD
Melting Slicks

yes, 2 cars actually. I also attend autocross, and have driven 3 cars in autocross. Another thing to mention there are roads that exist with turns, and plenty of them.
Old 03-13-2015, 05:37 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

yes, 2 cars actually. I also attend autocross, and have driven 3 cars in autocross. Another thing to mention there are roads that exist with turns, and plenty of them.
Then your opinion counts
Old 03-13-2015, 05:49 PM
SaberD
Melting Slicks

You don't have to go to a track to take turns in a car, so the fact that I have tracked my car adds no value to my opinion. You take turns in your car every single time you drive it. It is also my consensus that a better handling car is a safer car as long as you know how to drive it since you would have less chance of getting in an accident.
Old 03-13-2015, 05:55 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

You don't have to go to a track to take turns in a car, so the fact that I have tracked my car adds no value to my opinion. You take turns in your car every single time you drive it. It is also my consensus that a better handling car is a safer car as long as you know how to drive it since you would have less chance of getting in an accident.
Yes you take turns on the road but NOWHERE near testing the true limits of a cars handling like a Corvette and if you are testing it's limits in handling on the street it's incredibly dangerous. Just put putting around a few curves on the roads can be done in anycar. Even the Hellcat in it's last review pulled 90.Gs on skidpad so on the road that car would handle just fine taking turns. Throw them both on a road course and the weight and other items come into play like mentioned.
Old 03-13-2015, 06:02 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Bad enough the c7z has to watch out for a challenger now it will get walked by a 4 door. Lol
Old 03-13-2015, 06:03 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Chicago1
Bad enough the c7z has to watch out for a challenger now it will get walked by a 4 door. Lol
And my buddy just ordered one lol
Old 03-13-2015, 08:06 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by thegame
Yes you take turns on the road but NOWHERE near testing the true limits of a cars handling like a Corvette and if you are testing it's limits in handling on the street it's incredibly dangerous. Just put putting around a few curves on the roads can be done in anycar. Even the Hellcat in it's last review pulled 90.Gs on skidpad so on the road that car would handle just fine taking turns. Throw them both on a road course and the weight and other items come into play like mentioned.
agree totally

on public roads you don't come anywhere near true turning capabilities of any cars so the stats kind of go out the window

I too prefer the whole handling (track) capability thing, but on the streets much of that is irrelevant

Im willing to bet these cars handle much better than what a lot give them credit for...
Old 03-13-2015, 09:03 PM
roadkilltx
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI, Texas Motor Speedway is in Fort Worth. Just sayin.
Old 03-13-2015, 10:16 PM
Dave68
Race Director

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by thegame
You probably haven't driven any light sports cars or for that matter, light weight any cars. It is no secret why the most engaging cars on the streets are those that weigh less than 3100 lbs or so. You really have to compare something like a muscle car to an MX5, Fiesta ST, or even a GTI to know that a car's weight is very evident on many street corners. Light cars genuinely rule the fun factor, especially if they are convertibles.
Old 03-14-2015, 06:41 PM
URBAN LEGEND
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Cool car. I need it.
Old 03-14-2015, 07:34 PM
Crushinator
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 77 Posts

If anyone can do it, then explain why less than a handful of car manufacturers have done it. Don't tell my about modified cars, I'm talking new cars with a warranty. Matter of fact, name one new sedan under $100,000 that'll run with one. Zero.

Get notified of new replies

To I Gave the 2015 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat a Bath

Old 03-15-2015, 05:46 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Really can you name the manufactures that produce these bricks under that have done so off the show room floor? Just curious,

Last edited by Chicago1; 03-15-2015 at 05:50 PM.
Old 03-15-2015, 06:05 PM
Dave68
Race Director

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

The ONLY reason why Ford GM, or any other manufacturer doesn't do is simple: It doesn't make financial sense. Their R&D money is better spent where the sales dollars are.
Besides, there are a number of tuners who have made faster sedans, but they don't make any without a pending order from a customer, so the financial risk is minimal.
Old 03-16-2015, 12:13 PM
BHP
Le Mans Master

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave68
The ONLY reason why Ford GM, or any other manufacturer doesn't do is simple: It doesn't make financial sense. Their R&D money is better spent where the sales dollars are.
Besides, there are a number of tuners who have made faster sedans, but they don't make any without a pending order from a customer, so the financial risk is minimal.
Latest NEWS: Hellcat production suspended due to overwhelming demand!

Quick Reply: I Gave the 2015 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat a Bath