Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

I finally got one!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 11:45 AM
bob4916
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats Tom

Sounds like it will be a flying machine!
Old 07-04-2007, 09:08 PM
tjwong
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by RED99
Congrats on the new purchase Tom. I saw Andys Z06 last weekend, he had tuned it down because it was making just a few Horses from 900 RWHP with his Vortech on it.
I know a place that would be great for you guys to take a picture! It's up behind the Portland Zoo. There is a Rose Garden up there, and the background you can see Downtown Portland and Mt. Hood. And there is a Japanese Garden up there also.
I'll be up to your shop this week, probably Thur. or Friday. Also, I need you to do a base Dyno on my car. No tuning, just a base run.
Jim
Hey Jim, did that MAF work out for you? Andy is running 900+ thats nuts, I drove a car with 650 to the wheels and it was barely controllable. Maybe with the advanced stability controls of a C6 is more useable, I don't plan on blowing it at all this time. I am just going to keep it normally aspirated with a head, cam and header package. Nothing special, I will settle for a dependable 570 to the wheels

I drove the car home from Medford this morning, it was a nice ride home just gettin used to the car. I can tell she really wanted to run, but the local Johnnys were all over I5 today, so I didn't want to take any chances, especially since the dealer forgot to stick on the temporary trip permit! We got into BS'ing so much that the guy forgot it! I can say that this car drives like a dream and I don't have any resonance from my old BB exhausted C4. Its so nice to listen to the radio without cranking it up so much that it distorts just to hear it over the exhaust note.

Speaking of the dealer, I just want to add that this dealer was excellent to deal with. Extremely courteous, looked after my needs or rather wants and gave me what I considered a very fair deal on a hard to get car where no one else in our local area wanted to deal with me. They also got me an additional $1000 off using my GM card which in reality wasn't to be used on a Z but they got it done and saved me an additional $1K! I arrived in Medford this morning at 8:30am and their internet manager was there to meet me, we drove to the dealership a couple minutes down from the airport. He showed me the car as they were finishing up on the detail job. While they were cleaning it up and filling the fuel tank I signed all the paper work. I was in and out in 1.5 hours including the BS sessions between us.

I highly recommend this dealer if any one is interested in getting and honest no BS deal on a C6 locally just PM me for information.

Originally Posted by boerio
Sweet Tom! Will make a nice wedding gift to your wife

Jeff
Wife??? well she's not quite my wife yet. And she doesn't know I got the car yet I am going to feel her out tonight and hope she forgives me! Anyway you look at it, its sorta late now as I own it
Old 07-04-2007, 09:16 PM
Maui
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

I thought I saw a black blurr pass me on the freeway. Now I know what it was. Congrats!

See you soon to install my new 4.10 DTE Phase II. Hint...hint
Old 07-04-2007, 09:20 PM
Maui
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by tjwong
Wife??? well she's not quite my wife yet. And she doesn't know I got the car yet I am going to feel her out tonight and hope she forgives me! Anyway you look at it, its sorta late now as I own it
She'll get over it.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:21 PM
RJ1AZ
Drifting

Location: PHOENIX, AZ Yes, it's true. You are a good woman. Then again, you may be the Antichrist.
Received 133 Likes on 108 Posts

Very happy to hear you got one!

Now I have another excuse to drop by the shop and check it out
Old 07-05-2007, 12:13 PM
boerio
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's stuff we didn't need to know Tom

Congrats on the new car. Will look forward to seeing it soon!

Jeff
Old 07-05-2007, 01:17 PM
tjwong
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by boerio
That's stuff we didn't need to know Tom

Congrats on the new car. Will look forward to seeing it soon!

Jeff
I didn't me "feel her out" literally But I figured you knew what I meant However that may put her in a better mood
Old 07-05-2007, 02:23 PM
Mr. Peabody
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 477 Likes on 353 Posts
C4 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Congrads Tom enjoy!!

New wife .. New car

New car .. New wife

Which is more exciting? ....... Never mind, no man should have to choose between those two

ENJOY
Old 07-06-2007, 01:18 AM
Bluefire
Le Mans Master

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

Hi Tom,

Congratulations on the new car!! I can't wait to see it.

She didn't know? Good luck telling her. Claim temporary insanity and remind her a big shiny rock is coming. then duck.

Seriously, congrats on the new ride and the upcoming marriage.

Randy
Old 07-06-2007, 07:15 AM
884fun
Pro

I wish I could go out with you guys on your cruise. I promised my fiance' that we would drive around and find the "right" garden park areas for the photo sessions after the wedding. Did I forget to tell all of you that my days as a single guy are over in 24 days after tomorrow! Anyways we are going to find a park like setting so they can take a few photos while we are dressed up in our ZOOT suits for the photo album.
Well congrats on both the new ride AND getting hitched. She's going to finally get you to save SOME of your money???
Old 07-06-2007, 11:17 AM
RED99
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Tom, yes the MAF worked. I'm not sure how good though. That's why I need to come and talk with you, and I would like for you to do a base run, and check my AFR with your WB, and compare it to my LC-1 WB. When can you sqeeze me in for a base run? And did that new MAF come in?
Old 07-06-2007, 12:30 PM
salsa1jim
Racer

Congrads!! Getting married and a new ride? Life is good!
Old 07-06-2007, 08:40 PM
peelrubber
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats, Tom,

You deserve a fine Z06. With all the great performance cars coming out of your shop, finally you have your own to enjoy. And 12 years since you bought a new Vette? Too long.

BTW next week I am picking up a brand new MN6 Vert in Redwood City. My Coupe just didn't cut it for me. I prefer the full open air. Depending on the time of day I pass thru Vancouver on the way back to Seattle, I might stop by your shop and compare "new car" smells, ha ha. Just don't get my mind thinking about mods until later.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:56 PM
John A. Marker
Le Mans Master

Received 167 Likes on 148 Posts

Congratulations on the new car. You said that you had to get it before you got married. Achieved your GOAL. I kind of figured it would be black on black. It was a long way to travel to get a car. Just another 5 hours and you could have stopped by and said hello.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:36 AM
tjwong
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by peelrubber
Congrats, Tom,

You deserve a fine Z06. With all the great performance cars coming out of your shop, finally you have your own to enjoy. And 12 years since you bought a new Vette? Too long.

BTW next week I am picking up a brand new MN6 Vert in Redwood City. My Coupe just didn't cut it for me. I prefer the full open air. Depending on the time of day I pass thru Vancouver on the way back to Seattle, I might stop by your shop and compare "new car" smells, ha ha. Just don't get my mind thinking about mods until later.
Hi Ray, that is way cool! I promise I won't try to convince you to mod your car! Have you sold your coupe yet? I passed the thread on to several people. I am going to wait a little while before modding my Z. I already have the camshaft, headers and a spare set of LS7 heads that I can modify. I am workin with LPE on getting the work done. If you are coming up this way stop by and say hi. I will be there all week and probably well into the evening hours as I have a full schedule for the week.

Originally Posted by John A. Marker
Congratulations on the new car. You said that you had to get it before you got married. Achieved your GOAL. I kind of figured it would be black on black. It was a long way to travel to get a car. Just another 5 hours and you could have stopped by and said hello.

John the day was coming in fast and the deal was too good to pass by. I really didn't want another black car, but when I arrived at the dealership and they took me back to their detail department it was like love at first sight all over again. It looks a lot meaner than a Machine Silver color and definitely more menacing than a Yellow Z. The travel was too bad, I arrived early at the dealership and I was actually able to get back to PDX by 2pm and that was with a pit stop in Roseburg for a Ron's Steak House Big Mac sandwhich.

Last edited by tjwong; 07-07-2007 at 01:40 AM.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:13 AM
INGER67
Race Director

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
St Jude Donor '15

Wife??? well she's not quite my wife yet. And she doesn't know I got the car yet I am going to feel her out tonight and hope she forgives me! Anyway you look at it, its sorta late now as I own it [/QUOTE]

A wise man (or maybe woman) once said "it is better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission".

Inger67
Old 07-07-2007, 11:22 AM
RED99
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw Toms car yesterday, and I am defently jealous. It's a beautiful car. Of course, I am not jealous of the car payment. Still it's a lot of hi technology you are getting for the price.

Get notified of new replies

To I finally got one!

Old 07-08-2007, 01:28 AM
tjwong
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Here is a picture of my new Z:

Still smiling as of the third day of ownership
Old 07-08-2007, 05:32 AM
Tech
Safety Car

Received 248 Likes on 215 Posts

Congrats Tom! Smart guy... get the Vette before the wedding because afterwards.... it's a whole other ball game.

So I guys you're going to register with parts manufacturers for your wedding?
Old 07-08-2007, 03:40 PM
Maui
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '08

Okay, let me be the first to post a picture of Thomas and his lovely fiancee. Somehow this Z06 got into the picture as well. Hey, I think she likes the car. You did good Thomas and I like the car too.

Last edited by Maui; 07-08-2007 at 03:46 PM.

Quick Reply: I finally got one!