Performance Results Dyno sheets, Timeslips, Track Records, Who has the Fastest C5 Corvette?

The proper way NOT to do a burnout.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 01:18 PM
4GS7
Melting Slicks

Received 114 Likes on 78 Posts

This is getting REALLY old.

Originally Posted by mr2gixxer
Annnnd invest in a line lock.
His fronts were locked and sliding. That's EXACTLY the same thing that would've happened with a linelock.

Originally Posted by 0331MARINE
Or learn how to drive......
See below.

Originally Posted by Chris Stewart
Ouch! Glad nobody was hurt. Nothing good comes from trying to repeat a burnout after failing in the waterbox.
There was no "failed" burnout. He's on NT05R 345/19 DRs. He was getting them wet so he wouldn't have to do a dry burnout.

Originally Posted by Chris Stewart
Pretty much the same as redoing a failed burnout, by going too far out. Asking for trouble... Yeah the front tire was locked, and hes plowing it. The only way to be more embarrassed would be an air bag deploy.
Really? Heating your tires after getting them wet is the same as redoing a failed burnout? There isn't exactly a LOT of room at that track. He rolled out too far by about 3 feet. Even if he stopped at the edge of the water, he still would've crawled forward the distance between the waterbox and the rail.

Originally Posted by pit-man
I don't even like to run beside a C6-Zo6...too much car for some people. They scare me thru first gear.
Originally Posted by WKMCD
Nice cat-like reflexes...
Originally Posted by baxsom
The last time I went to the track I was told by the techs there that for street tires a burn out was pretty much useless. Still fun to watch the one wheeled diffs pegglegging along.
See above.

Originally Posted by LightFighter_GXP
WTF........ exactly what was he trying to accomplish? failed burnout in bleachbox and dry hop... on street tires and he still managed to loose control and appearently he knows nothing about competitive driving mode?
Again, he was on DRs. I assure you the driver of the Machine Silver car knows more about drag racing than you do.

Originally Posted by simpleman68

Serious. Car>Driver
Scott
I looked at the vid a few times and seems that he turned the wheels the wrong way when the car kicked left and he cut the wheels right....right into the starters box.... ouch
So when the back of your car swings right, you turn left? Did anyone ever teach you how to countersteer?

Originally Posted by pit-man
I agree, you can't argue the front wheels were turned right when the back shot out to the left. Really sux for the poor guy.
See above.

For those of you not in the know, the car that went into the rail was this guy. Nine Ball was in the other lane, he can vouch for this.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...ck-clutch.html

Originally Posted by lane_change
Still running the stock clutch, but I can tell she's about had enough. Car is making 545 rwhp 505 rwtq running on 345/30/19 NT05R rear tires. Was hoping for better numbers. This was my 2nd pass of the night, first pass did not get a very good burnout, so I let off. Ran the 10.620 on the second pass and on the third pass, my clutch started to glaze over...and by the time the clutch came back to life the track prep disappeared during the regular test and tune Friday night racing.

Here is the pass:
60' 1.727
330' 4.613
660' 6.940
MPH 107.03
1000' 8.932
1320' 10.620
MPH 132.39

I have been running 17psi in the rear tires, stock front wheels/tires, and trying to leave around 3200rpm or so, very slight slip then quickly down to full throttle. Shift points are right around 7000rpm in each gear.

Mods:
QM Black Mamba Cam
Ported LS7 intake manifold
LG 1 3/4" Longtubes w/ high-flow cats
Stic It Performance CAI
Stock exhaust w/ muffler mod & Mild2Wild
Hurst short shifter
80# Injectors and E85 (E70 with winter blend) Trying this out before I do the heads and end up required to run E85 100%.

Stock heads, stock clutch, stock suspension, stock gears, etc...

I think the clutch is about done trying to put the power down, so I will be switching to the new LS9R clutch from Katech as well as going with Carlos' 13.5:1 compression heads for the E85. Hopefully those 2 mods will allow me to get down into the bottom 10's n/a. I love the 1 3/4" headers for the snappy throttle and 1/8 mile pull...but you can see that I think they are kind of choking the car down on the big end. My best 1/8 mile MPH was 107.97 which is more in line with cars trapping 137mph or so and I am trapping around 132-133mph.
Oh yeah, he definitely doesn't know what he's doing. How many of you have run 10s? In a stick car? On 19" drag radials?

Armchair quarterbacking on Monday morning just makes you an ***.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:42 PM
simpleman68
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by irvbulldogs72
How many of you have run 10s? In a stick car? On 19" drag radials?

Armchair quarterbacking on Monday morning just makes you an ***.
Lighten up Francis.
Even "seasoned" drivers make bonehead errors.
Don't feel like its necessary to defend him on a variety of car forums;
and agreed that some folks are a little crass/caustic. Some thicker skin is in order here.

I know when I screw up, I have to step back and laugh at myself. Many of us here do. His hitting the wall was driver error. The wall did not hit him.

Oh, and I've gone 10s on 19" DRs and 11.2 on 19" street tires.
Scott
Old 03-27-2011, 10:08 PM
LightFighter_GXP
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah man you are way to defensive!!! like you sabotaged this guys car or something LOL...

Chill we are just bull****ing in the forum my man.......... nothing to get hostile about
Old 03-28-2011, 12:25 AM
Sawbladz
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah man you are way to defensive!!! like you sabotaged this guys car or something LOL...

Chill we are just bull****ing in the forum my man.......... nothing to get hostile about
Way too defensive? Seems like he is the only person in this thread who has a clue. Lot of uneducated people in this thread insulting someone for making a mistake. Run a high hp car long enough and a mistake will be made. I guess this guy isn't as perfect as all the champions in this thread...
Old 03-28-2011, 07:30 AM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 466 Likes on 352 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

Wow, just wow...

You guys that are defending this driver and saying the rest of of are idiots need to really relax a bit.

Anyone, I don't care who you are, that sees this video for the first time is goingto think it was a rookie mistake. We have no way of knowing if the guy has a 100 passes or if this is the first one.

Also, everyone in this thread goes to the track a lot. We have seen C6Z drivers do stupid things. It's only logical to think this driver screwed up. In fact, he did. You may defend him all you want, but he hit the wall doing a burnout. That classifies as a screw up.
I'm not saying it couldn't happen to any of us. It certainly could. Nonetheless, the diver is at fault for hitting the rail. He made a mistake.
Too bad his ego is bruised. He can fix the car and I'm sure he'll be back at a track soon and laying down some good numbers.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:39 AM
4GS7
Melting Slicks

Received 114 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Capthuff
Wow, just wow...

You guys that are defending this driver and saying the rest of of are idiots need to really relax a bit.

Anyone, I don't care who you are, that sees this video for the first time is goingto think it was a rookie mistake. We have no way of knowing if the guy has a 100 passes or if this is the first one.

Also, everyone in this thread goes to the track a lot. We have seen C6Z drivers do stupid things. It's only logical to think this driver screwed up. In fact, he did. You may defend him all you want, but he hit the wall doing a burnout. That classifies as a screw up.
I'm not saying it couldn't happen to any of us. It certainly could. Nonetheless, the diver is at fault for hitting the rail. He made a mistake.
Too bad his ego is bruised. He can fix the car and I'm sure he'll be back at a track soon and laying down some good numbers.
Nobody is asserting that he didn't make a mistake. Clearly he made a mistake. I called people idiots because they all automatically jumped on the "Oh, well he clearly has too much car for him and not know how to drive. Next time stay home" bandwagon. These are all people who ASSUMED that that the driver was on street tires when they had absolutely know way of knowing that. The same people who ASSUMED that he was trying to a do a burnout in the waterbox and then a second burnout, which any seasoned racer will tell you NEVER to do. I didn't even second guess the first blip of the throttle in the water because that sound is natural to anyone who's watched a day of DR/Slick cars run. The fact people didn't even consider that he was watering up drag radials speaks a lot more to their knowledge or racing than it does the driver's. And you allowed your prejudice of C6Z owners at the track to color your opinion without knowing any of the facts.

Here's the difference between a person who makes a mistake and an idiot.

A person who makes a mistake has a momentary lapse of judgment or skill.

An idiot decides to run his mouth before finding out the whole story.

Reasonable, level headed people do not jump to conclusions, especially in a manner that defaults to insults.

Last edited by 4GS7; 03-28-2011 at 08:18 AM.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:42 AM
simpleman68
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by irvbulldogs72
Nobody is asserting that he didn't make a mistake. Clearly he made a mistake. I called people idiots because they all automatically jumped on the "Oh, well he clearly has too much car for him and not know how to drive. Next time stay home" bandwagon. These are all people who ASSUMED that that the driver was on street tires when they had absolutely know way of knowing that. The same people who ASSUMED that he was trying to a do a burnout in the waterbox and then a second burnout, which any seasoned racer will tell you NEVER to do. I didn't even second guess the first blip of the throttle in the water because that sound is natural to anyone who's watched a day of DR/Slick cars run. The fact people didn't even consider that he was watering up drag radials speaks a lot more to their knowledge or racing than it does the driver's. And you allowed your prejudice of C6Z owners at the track to color your opinion without knowing any of the facts.

Here's the difference between a person who makes a mistake and an idiot.

A person who makes a mistake has a momentary lapse of judgment or skill.

An idiot decides to run his mouth before finding out the whole story.

Reasonable, level headed people do not jump to conclusions, especially in a manner that defaults to insults.
I'll freely admit when I first saw the video I thought it was an inexperienced driver that couldn't handle his car.
I still assert the simple fact that this guy didn't "handle" his car and hit a feckin' wall. But then I'm just running my mouth.

Tell you what. If I hit the median in the middle of a botched burnout; you have my permission to laugh all you'd like. Until then; lighten up some.
At then end of the day, it was you that hurled that actual insults/name-calling not us.
Scott
Old 06-14-2012, 10:27 AM
04goatman
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad no one got hurt...Poor Corvette, the hit looked really bad when he backed up.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:36 PM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

nothing to with the hit but, did he take off his helmet after the hit, or isn't one required at this track?. Thats why I thought it was an inexperienced driver, no helmet in the vid.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:55 AM
ZZ06
Drifting

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Aww man that would be embarrassing as hell. Id probably have to sit there with my hands over my head for a min before i could get out and face all the pointing and laughing. Id be laughing right there with them though bc id askin myself how i screwed that up. And whoever made the comment about owning a high horse powered car is right. Ive been driving LSX cars now for a lil over 8 years....ive had my fair share of screw ups.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:19 AM
madmatt9471
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Palmdale, Ca----- 2009 Cyber Gray 4LT A6 F55 452 RWHP 422 RWTQ- RIP 1998 C5 734 RWHP & 585 RWTQ-----
Received 341 Likes on 281 Posts

And that's why I use a Line-Lock!

Cost a lot less than that front end

Thanks,matt
Old 06-24-2012, 08:23 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Received 3,236 Likes on 1,590 Posts

Originally Posted by 04goatman
Glad no one got hurt...Poor Corvette, the hit looked really bad when he backed up.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:36 PM
vette97
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Momentary lapse of reason, that's why its called an accident. I'm glad everyone here is a perfect driver, I feel bad for him.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:53 AM
tommie
Le Mans Master

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by FYRARMS
car has even changed owners....

Quick Reply: The proper way NOT to do a burnout.....