Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Funday Sunday Corvettetogether...

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 08:36 PM
Ginny C6
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CI 6-7-8-9-10-12 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dice
Well, the weather looks fine for Sunday...80* and sunny with a 0% chance of rain...humidity in the 60's...unfortunately the norm for Sunday is a high of 70 with humidity in the 40's...so much for decent DA...at last month's event the DA was almost +4000...guess we won't get below +3000 again this time...this is January for goodness sake!...oh well, at least we are racing and not freezin' our azzes off...lol
Well, I'm freezin' mine off here in Detroit, and it's supposed to snow tomorrow y'all have fun, and see you at the next get-together Kevin
Old 01-14-2007, 09:29 PM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Received 309 Likes on 139 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

I had a good time seeing everyone today...unfortunately it was a mess for racing...between the wreck and the oil downs, holy moly!....here are a couple of shots of Glen's custom 66..you should se this car in person!...also a shot of my newest T-shirt...lol

Old 01-14-2007, 11:03 PM
dark_phantom
Le Mans Master

Location: Central Florida. Black Sheep Squadron Member. 465 rwhp & 477 rwtq
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

That's one sweet vette. Sorry I couldn't make it guys.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:06 PM
Red 69
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Yup....too many unexpected mishaps for a busy Sunday afternoon! It was good to see the gang get together again. This is the ****** shortly after the wreck.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
These are some up close and personal pics of Glenn's Beautiful Blue 66
[IMG][/IMG]
His slicks are already wrinkled as the light turns green
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
The slow moving lanes provided plenty of time to make acquaintances, share racing stories and get a sun burn.
Last but not least I got a pic of Tim's green 72 followed by my 79 and John's C-5. It looks like a little arm chair racing going on in the background
[IMG][/IMG]
Robert's orange 75 was back in the lanes as we waited for yet another mess to be cleaned. Robert made this car himself as a dedicated racer and it is sweet!
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Red 69; 01-16-2007 at 11:33 AM.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:03 PM
Glensgages
Race Director

Received 62 Likes on 35 Posts

..... as has been stated-above, I don't know WHY it takes 5 sideways/ball-cap wearing, trying-to-grow-a-goatee guys to help position a rotary-powered P-o-S into the water-box, and another 3 guys trying to video-tape the burn-out, only to have it pushed from the staging beams multiple times, or oiling-down the track, slowing-down the entire program.

I spoke to the fellow who runs the track day-to-day, and he appreciated us getting as-many Corvettes out to the strip as we have:
he asked me about the 'TRACK OFFICIAL' T-shirt I wore from my days as an employee at a track in West Virginia, we spoke about working at a drag-strip, and I even helped his crew clean-up when another weed-whacker-on steroids crapped-the-bed during a burnout, spewing saki on the concrete.....

The only word to describe Glenn's '66 Corvette is , but I missed seeing it make either of his 2 runs:
like-wise I missed Red 69 make his run in his 'other' Corvette, but I did see litevette cut a very-close -.007 red-light, and I think I completely-confused John, drag-racing his Red C5 for the 1st time (see pictures above ), while trying to explain how the RT & ET clocks work independently from each other, but he REALLY seemed to enjoy himself, saying he'd be back.

I also saw and meet a father-son team, racing a 13-second, ultra-clean Red '84 (sans Cross-Fire, I was told ), who also have a newer C5/C6 model, and who's uncle is also interested in bringing HIS Corvette out to the track, with the son taking some pictures/video of Dad making runs:
I forgot his Forum-name (Mike & Mike? ), and hope he shows-up and posts his pictures here.

We haven't scheduled another Funday-Sunday Vette-Together yet, but we will probably discuss future plans over BBQ ribs, following our visit to Don "BIG DADDY" Garlits' Museum of Drag Racing in Ocacla on 28 January (please see related threads elsewhere in the South-East section of this Forum for more details ):
HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!!!!!
Old 01-15-2007, 06:41 PM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Cruise-In IV Veteran

I agree with Glen...the Sunday deals are just too busy to enjoy ouselves...we talked about other options and plan to discuss them at Sonny's BBQ on the Garlit's cruise...we would love to hear any ideas form everyone else as well...

Between the rubber, VHT and the rainstorm I came through on the way to the track my car is filthy...anyone want to wash and wax it?...he he
Old 01-15-2007, 09:37 PM
MikeyT84
Instructor

Originally Posted by Glensgages
..... as has been stated-above, I don't know WHY it takes 5 sideways/ball-cap wearing, trying-to-grow-a-goatee guys to help position a rotary-powered P-o-S into the water-box, and another 3 guys trying to video-tape the burn-out, only to have it pushed from the staging beams multiple times, or oiling-down the track, slowing-down the entire program.

I spoke to the fellow who runs the track day-to-day, and he appreciated us getting as-many Corvettes out to the strip as we have:
he asked me about the 'TRACK OFFICIAL' T-shirt I wore from my days as an employee at a track in West Virginia, we spoke about working at a drag-strip, and I even helped his crew clean-up when another weed-whacker-on steroids crapped-the-bed during a burnout, spewing saki on the concrete.....

The only word to describe Glenn's '66 Corvette is , but I missed seeing it make either of his 2 runs:
like-wise I missed Red 69 make his run in his 'other' Corvette, but I did see litevette cut a very-close -.007 red-light, and I think I completely-confused John, drag-racing his Red C5 for the 1st time (see pictures above ), while trying to explain how the RT & ET clocks work independently from each other, but he REALLY seemed to enjoy himself, saying he'd be back.

I also saw and meet a father-son team, racing a 13-second, ultra-clean Red '84 (sans Cross-Fire, I was told ), who also have a newer C5/C6 model, and who's uncle is also interested in bringing HIS Corvette out to the track, with the son taking some pictures/video of Dad making runs:
I forgot his Forum-name (Mike & Mike? ), and hope he shows-up and posts his pictures here.

We haven't scheduled another Funday-Sunday Vette-Together yet, but we will probably discuss future plans over BBQ ribs, following our visit to Don "BIG DADDY" Garlits' Museum of Drag Racing in Ocacla on 28 January (please see related threads elsewhere in the South-East section of this Forum for more details ):
HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!!!!!
Hey Glen, It's Mike from yesterday! It was great meeting you and the other guys at the track, too bad it turned out to be a slow day for racing. I managed to throw the video I made up here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO9J_vxnlTg
Here are some pics of my Dad and I racing in Dec.

Video of me racing that Stang http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nx5XuyANDQ
And my best run that day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmpqQMWHkcI
Old 01-15-2007, 09:46 PM
Glensgages
Race Director

Originally Posted by MikeyT84
It's Mike from yesterday!
I couldn't figure-out if your screen-name was 'Mike ET 84', or 'Mikey T 84'.....

..... nobody ever accused me of being very-smart.....

If those pictures were taken during the 3 December event at OSWD, you might find a few others of your car in the thread about that event:
if you can't find it, drop me a PM, and I'll try to find it and give you a link to it.

Next time we are @ OSWD, I'll take a picture of you two, standing next to your racer-cars in the staging-lanes, if you'd like:
are yinz going to Garlits' on 28 December?
Old 01-15-2007, 09:51 PM
Glensgages
Race Director

Originally Posted by MikeyT84
It's Mike from yesterday!
I couldn't figure-out if your screen-name was 'Mike ET 84', or 'Mikey T 84'.....

..... nobody ever accused me of being very-smart.....

If those pictures were taken during the 3 December event at OSWD, you might find a few others of your car in the thread about that event:
if you can't find it, drop me a PM, and I'll try to find it and give you a link to it.

Next time we are @ OSWD, I'll take a picture of you two, standing next to your racer-cars in the staging-lanes, if you'd like:
are yinz going to Garlits' on 28 December?

Last edited by Glensgages; 01-15-2007 at 09:54 PM.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:04 PM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Cruise-In IV Veteran

I forgot to mention something...for those that question OSW's "hookability" I have some news...everyone hooked like crazy yesterday!....I had a 1.84 short and I know two C5's had 1.61 and 1.62...two folks told me they had their best short times ever...don't ask me why but OSW was "Da House O' Hook"....

I don't know what this world is coming to but with the new concrete walls, repaved return road and better lights at the big end OSW is coming along...amazing!...
Old 01-16-2007, 10:07 PM
RatedX
Drifting

Location: Spring Hill, Florida Life is all about new beginnings;...TRY ONE!
St. Jude Donor '07-'08

Sorry I couldn't make it gentlemen, Thought for sure I could, but all hell broke loose!
Will try again next time!
Old 01-20-2007, 10:38 PM
dogboy
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dice
I forgot to mention something...for those that question OSW's "hookability" I have some news...everyone hooked like crazy yesterday!....I had a 1.84 short and I know two C5's had 1.61 and 1.62...two folks told me they had their best short times ever...don't ask me why but OSW was "Da House O' Hook"....

I don't know what this world is coming to but with the new concrete walls, repaved return road and better lights at the big end OSW is coming along...amazing!...
Yes it was a good day for traction. I cut a 1.68 60 with just a clean up spin off the M/T Dr's. Best 60 so far. 11.87 on the top end was about right for the temps that day. Sorry I couldn't do the "package" as that was my only run for the day. If I had been able to run again I wouldv'e been in. Next time guys. Again thanks to Litevette for the tent set up & great banner.

Quick Reply: Funday Sunday Corvettetogether...