Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Best place in Atlanta area for C7 A8 transmission flush

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2022, 07:59 PM
05XLRtoC7_San Diego
Burning Brakes

Received 231 Likes on 146 Posts
Default Best place in Atlanta area for C7 A8 transmission flush

Hi All,
Just wondering who is recommended in the Atlanta area for the transmission triple flush for my 2015 C7 with 37k miles to help with A8 shuddering.
I have Platinum GM Protection Plan coverage through 5/19/2024 and 64k miles; however, it doesn't seem like this would cover fluid changes.

I've read posts that service advisor Martin from Steve Rayman Chevrolet in Smyrna, GA is good, but he no longer works there.

Jim Ellis quoted me "at least $1200" for the flush. And the service advisor (Vladimir) who is mentioned here on the forum no longer works there.

I've seen mentions of John Megel Chevy in Dawsonville and Rick Hendrick Chevrolet in Duluth, but not sure which advisors deal with Corvettes and the A8 shudder.
Thanks for any advice! This problem has been around for ages, and it's shocking that most aren't aware of the triple flush TSB.

Thanks,
Mark
Old 10-28-2022, 11:48 AM
Casper001
Race Director

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

I use Day's Chevrolet in Acworth for all of my service work on my C7. I have a M7 so I can't speak for the transmission flush, but they have done other work on my car including their body shop and I have been pleased with all of it.
Old 11-05-2022, 10:01 AM
Atlantan
Drifting

Received 1,288 Likes on 634 Posts

Originally Posted by 05XLRtoC7_San Diego
Hi All,
Just wondering who is recommended in the Atlanta area for the transmission triple flush for my 2015 C7 with 37k miles to help with A8 shuddering.
I have Platinum GM Protection Plan coverage through 5/19/2024 and 64k miles; however, it doesn't seem like this would cover fluid changes.

I've read posts that service advisor Martin from Steve Rayman Chevrolet in Smyrna, GA is good, but he no longer works there.

Jim Ellis quoted me "at least $1200" for the flush. And the service advisor (Vladimir) who is mentioned here on the forum no longer works there.

I've seen mentions of John Megel Chevy in Dawsonville and Rick Hendrick Chevrolet in Duluth, but not sure which advisors deal with Corvettes and the A8 shudder.
Thanks for any advice! This problem has been around for ages, and it's shocking that most aren't aware of the triple flush TSB.

Thanks,
Mark
I would recommend Jim Ellis in Chamblee or Hendrick in Duluth. BTW, Vlad is still at Jim Ellis, I dropped off our Camaro with him for service yesterday.
Old 11-12-2022, 03:15 AM
05XLRtoC7_San Diego
Burning Brakes

Received 231 Likes on 146 Posts

I ended up going with Steve Rayman Chevy and very happy with them.
Here's my post:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1605783748

Get notified of new replies

To Best place in Atlanta area for C7 A8 transmission flush

Quick Reply: Best place in Atlanta area for C7 A8 transmission flush