Southern California Southern California

Transportation for Wounded Wariors Temecula Fundraiser Event

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 09:09 AM
stano
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Varmit
Could someone please send me the details of this event. Is it just a fundraising situation, or an event actually taking place. There are numerous guys in San Diego who want to contribute, but we have no idea what is taking place. Could someone get info to me

thanks

Benny

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/sout...r-project.html

Stano
Old 08-19-2010, 10:37 AM
stano
Safety Car

I have an email with the poster we will be using. I just don't know how to get it from my email to here for all to check out. It's really cool looking. If someone can do that please PM me with your email and I'll forward it to you to post here.

Thanks!

Stano
Old 08-19-2010, 12:18 PM
brucemc
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by stano
I have an email with the poster we will be using. I just don't know how to get it from my email to here for all to check out. It's really cool looking. If someone can do that please PM me with your email and I'll forward it to you to post here.

Thanks!

Stano
brucemccullough@yahoo.com

Have you sent anything to the local media in Temecula to see if they would provide any exposure?
Old 08-19-2010, 12:24 PM
brucemc
Pro

I hadn't heard back from the Wounded Warriors Project regarding my email so I called today and was given another contact. I already sent her an email and will provide an update once I hear from her.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:40 PM
brucemc
Pro

Originally Posted by WCC Royce
Of course I have stated before that if anyone is interested in meeting here at West Coast Corvettes and go is more than welcome. PM me so I know what kind of number we are dealing with. If i am not working I will donate my ride for this event!
Count me in as leaving from WCC
Old 08-19-2010, 03:28 PM
stano
Safety Car

Originally Posted by brucemc
brucemccullough@yahoo.com

Have you sent anything to the local media in Temecula to see if they would provide any exposure?
Yes. My sister has contacted the major tv channels and is going to run a local newspaper ad.

This is funny, she sent off an email to the manager of the Doobie Brothers who are in town that weekend. She said it was a long shot but what the hell, all they can do is say no right She was hoping they could stop by and sign some autographs.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:13 PM
brucemc
Pro

Originally Posted by Varmit
Could someone please send me the details of this event. Is it just a fundraising situation, or an event actually taking place. There are numerous guys in San Diego who want to contribute, but we have no idea what is taking place. Could someone get info to me

thanks

Benny
PM me your email and 'll send you the flyer.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:00 PM
Wildmanht
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Here is the Flyer my brother made for us

Old 08-28-2010, 11:51 AM
brucemc
Pro

Stan,

I still haven't heard from Melanie at the WWP. Sent her a follow-up email this week but still nothing. Any luck on your end?

Bruce
Old 08-28-2010, 11:00 PM
hdpete98
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I am in Vista (north county San Diego). I would be honored to give a Warrior a ride in my Z06. Just let me know when and where.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:13 PM
Varmit
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Wildmanht

thanks. There will be a group of us coming in from San Diego. We are gathering about two miles form Balboa Naval Hospital, it would be very easy for us top give rides!
Old 08-31-2010, 04:23 PM
Joe aka - KODAK
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

According to Joe/Kodak in an above response to my post, I will go to the 76 station at the 15 and 91 unless something changes.
OK - As mentioned the Riverside Group will be meeting at the 76 Gas station off Hidden Valley Parkway @ 9:00

I currenly have 4 cars and am working on getting riders for 2 of them (Bill I'll have a rider for you) If anyone else wants to join our group and DOES NOT have a rider - Please let me know as soon as possible. I'm working with the Corona Veterans Center to get our extra riders.

If you have a rider come run with us to the event - other wise we'll see you there!

Old 08-31-2010, 04:28 PM
Joe aka - KODAK
Melting Slicks

Stano - Are you bringing a group down from the desert? If - so - Do you want to meet us off the 15 and we can all go together - Let me know

Also - I've got an idea that would really be good for the VETS - I'll make a Certificate for each of the VETS that each driver can sign and give to them - I need a high res jepg image of the poster - send to - airfoto@aol.com

I'll do the work just need to know how many we need.

We could also get together with the group leaving WCC - the 15 / 91 change is a major pain but we could work something out - if your interested let me know - if not have a SAFE drive!

Last edited by Joe aka - KODAK; 08-31-2010 at 05:34 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:18 PM
StoplightWarrior
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

cool, i'm gonna try to make it out for this event!
Old 08-31-2010, 09:50 PM
Wildmanht
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe aka - KODAK
OK - As mentioned the Riverside Group will be meeting at the 76 Gas station off Hidden Valley Parkway @ 9:00

I currenly have 4 cars and am working on getting riders for 2 of them (Bill I'll have a rider for you) If anyone else wants to join our group and DOES NOT have a rider - Please let me know as soon as possible. I'm working with the Corona Veterans Center to get our extra riders.

If you have a rider come run with us to the event - other wise we'll see you there!

Sounds great Joe. I may have another vette for us. A customer of mine just bought one a couple of weeks ago and is trying to see if he can make. I will let you know this week.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:05 PM
stano
Safety Car

Originally Posted by brucemc
Stan,

I still haven't heard from Melanie at the WWP. Sent her a follow-up email this week but still nothing. Any luck on your end?

Bruce
Nothing. I'm afraid it's a busy weekend for those guys and we are new and they are booked for events that have been around longer than us.

I'm not giving up though
Old 09-01-2010, 05:08 PM
stano
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Joe aka - KODAK
Stano - Are you bringing a group down from the desert? If - so - Do you want to meet us off the 15 and we can all go together - Let me know

Also - I've got an idea that would really be good for the VETS - I'll make a Certificate for each of the VETS that each driver can sign and give to them - I need a high res jepg image of the poster - send to - airfoto@aol.com

I'll do the work just need to know how many we need.

We could also get together with the group leaving WCC - the 15 / 91 change is a major pain but we could work something out - if your interested let me know - if not have a SAFE drive!
Actually Joe I'll be down there Friday. I'll forward this to the guys up here and see what they want to do.

I've been busy feeding the world it seems like

Thanks Joe!

-Stan

Get notified of new replies

To Transportation for Wounded Wariors Temecula Fundraiser Event

Old 09-03-2010, 01:44 AM
BGC5Vette
Racer

We would be happy to lead the group from WCC. I will post a time to meet in a fe days in a separate post. Shall we meet at 8 am?

Joe- Does anyone else need rides from the hospital? Two car can give rides here.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:47 AM
BGC5Vette
Racer

Great poster flyer for the event.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:06 AM
RoatanMan
Melting Slicks

Damn... I will be gone that weekend...