Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Madvette Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 09:38 AM
simplegto
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 69 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by VetteNGT500
I was one of the orders that Marc filled for this guy wayyyy back when, when I thought I was out $200. DO NOT confuse MADVETTES with VETTENUTS, Marc is a stand up guy, sounds like MADVETTES is up to his old tricks.

I had given up when it came. At the time it was the only one I could find in Cashmere. It did come from Vettnuts and was well made. Madvettes would not return calls or E-mail. SAVEWAVE helped us all deal with Dave.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:48 PM
nikemart
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow...I should have read all of this BEFORE I placed an order on July 10, 2013! I researched the website and the products and reviews were really good. It looks like the man makes a quality product...now that my credit card has been charged for the partition and vette bin, I wonder if I will actually receive the product!
Old 07-19-2013, 09:39 AM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

Received 127 Likes on 80 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by nikemart
Wow...I should have read all of this BEFORE I placed an order on July 10, 2013! I researched the website and the products and reviews were really good. It looks like the man makes a quality product...now that my credit card has been charged for the partition and vette bin, I wonder if I will actually receive the product!
good luck. Mine may have a fitment issue to boot. I'll recheck the installation when I have time later in the week.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:50 AM
cpmatthew
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased a Vettebin Combo from Dave Hale at Madvette motorsports this January. It did take a long time to get and he was hard to reach to say the least, but I am happy with the Vettebin Combo. It fits perfectly and looks like it came with the car. I paid through Paypal to avoid giving out my CC number and to take advantage of their buyer protection if need be.

Last edited by cpmatthew; 07-19-2013 at 11:15 AM.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:37 AM
lotecredneck
Racer

Received 113 Likes on 52 Posts

I ordered one from him and he sent it out in two days.... I did email him before I placed the order and asked him directly if he had them and when he would ship. He called back in a few minutes and took my order.

He appears to be hit and miss from what I've read on the forum.

Tony
Old 07-19-2013, 01:35 PM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Houston Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12, '14
I believe in the Beer Fairy

I've ordered quite a few items from Dave over the years and still order. Dave does excellent work and grew took quick too fast and paid for it with his name. From what I've seen of him lately he's slowed it down quite a bit and keeping more product in stock instead of built to order. I still consider him a friend and would order from him again but that's just my opinion.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:51 PM
ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 260 Likes on 221 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

I have ordered a Vetbin and a sub woofer inclosure from Dave. His communication is lacking, and sometimes the delivery seems to take a long time, but I was very happy with his products. I know he takes pride in his work and expects to give you value for your dollars.

I have also talked to him in person on several occasions and he seems to be a really nice guy. I do not think that he would take anyone's money and not deliver (eventually).

Just don't get in a hurry, unless he has assured you that he has the product in stock and ready to ship.

And yes, I would order from him again too.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:15 PM
akriggm
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've had both of my C6s in Dave's (old) shop in Murfreesboro, TN for insulation & PAL/speaker installs and would go back there again if I needed anything upgraded inside a Vette. He does superb work and really knows his way around the inside of a C6!! If you're in a hurry, you'll may be in for some frustration, but his stuff is definitely worth the wait in my book.
Enjoy,
akriggm
Old 07-19-2013, 06:02 PM
phileaglesfan
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 129 Posts

I read about a thread on this site about Madvettes and wasn't too excited about doing business with them so I ordered my Vette bin from Southern Car Parts (another vendor here) and I've been very happy with the product and the price. He had free shipping in the lower 48 back then.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:10 PM
nikemart
Instructor

Default Madvette

Originally Posted by lotecredneck
I ordered one from him and he sent it out in two days.... I did email him before I placed the order and asked him directly if he had them and when he would ship. He called back in a few minutes and took my order.

He appears to be hit and miss from what I've read on the forum.

Tony
Well, recently I have received several messages from Dave saying that the partition/bin combo would be ready by July 12, then July 19...now today (July 23) I received a message that he has been very busy but will finish my order today and will inform me as to when it will be shipped. Sounds familiar from what I have read on CF...I have my fingers crossed that the merchandise will actually be constructed and sent soon! Is anyone else waiting for products from Dave?
Old 07-24-2013, 10:28 AM
lotecredneck
Racer

Received 113 Likes on 52 Posts

Well, recently I have received several messages from Dave saying that the partition/bin combo would be ready by July 12, then July 19...now today (July 23) I received a message that he has been very busy but will finish my order today and will inform me as to when it will be shipped. Sounds familiar from what I have read on CF...I have my fingers crossed that the merchandise will actually be constructed and sent soon! Is anyone else waiting for products from Dave?
Wow, that's too bad..... I guess I got lucky when I bought mine. I suppose that's why he is no longer around on this forum. I hope you get it soon. If not, I would dispute the charge with the credit card company.

Tony
Old 08-01-2013, 07:49 PM
nikemart
Instructor

Update: My anxiety about receiving the partition/vette bin combo was unwarranted. I was unnecessarily concerned after reading the previous history of this vendor on CF and I am happy that I was wrong! I placed my order for the vettebin combo on July 10 and my merchandise was shipped on Thursday, July 25. Because UPS does not deliver on Saturday, the combo arrived on Monday, July 29 and it is a quality product...partition with Plexiglas C6 full color logo, bin with two compartments with locks and also two cupholders. I did not realize that each bin also comes with the power point option...wiring harness only needs to be connected. Thanks, Dave, for a well crafted product! I will post photos when I upgrade my membership here.
Old 08-21-2013, 01:12 AM
h2oskier9864
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I just received a 10" sub, a custom made sub box and a cubby grill cover. The products all came exactly when Dave said it would and he has gone way over the top with answering some install questions I had along the way. The box took about 2-3 weeks to get after ordering but that is exactly what he said out of the gate. I ordered a sub box for my son for an Acura MDX from a different vender and that box took about 5 weeks to get. Just tonight he gave me advise on a window issue I had with my driver side window not going up. He has responded to my emails very fast and I cant say enough good things about him. Just for the record I feel blessed with the help I have received from member's of this forum, Rick McCallum at Raamaudio and Dennis at Double D mods. I really cant say enough good things about all of them!!! Thank you all so much!!!
Old 08-21-2013, 06:22 AM
Uncle Meat
Le Mans Master

Received 97 Likes on 57 Posts

Dave is a stand up guy. We drove our Vette up to his Murfreesboro shop and had him remove the interior and lay down a sound/heat barrier. He did the job while we waited/watched and he was very professional showing me little tricks & tips on how to remove the console, door panels, and other interior trim pieces. I was 100% satisfied with his work.

U.M.

Old 09-30-2013, 09:59 PM
nikemart
Instructor

Default Vette Bin

I finally discovered how to post a photo! I'm slow but trainable. I want to post a photo of my Vette Bin which Dave made for me. I am very pleased and Dave delivered as promised. Name:  Partition, vette bin with storage compartments.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  54.2 KB

Name:  Vette bin with storage compartments, partition, top stored.jpg
Views: 675
Size:  56.6 KB
Old 09-30-2013, 10:03 PM
0Andrew6@TheDoubleAA
Former Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Houston Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12, '14
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Nice partition, do something about the console lid lol
Old 06-07-2014, 08:43 PM
Bigmak
6th Gear

I know this is old but looks like they still suck ordered 3 weeks ago tried emailing and calling got no answer. Now gonna file fraud charges against them. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS ***...E ever.

Get notified of new replies

To Madvette Motorsports

Old 06-07-2014, 09:10 PM
2010gsheaven
4th Gear

I've got the same issue with lg motorsports. Ordered the carbon fiber air intake online four weeks ago but have not received anything. Emailed them twice to get a tracking # but have received no reply. Gonna try and get my money back from credit card company
Old 03-22-2015, 05:32 PM
SuperLS7
Intermediate

I ordered my "zo6 box" back in early January. This is mid March and have not heard anything from Dave.

Talked to him this morning, via email. He said he's been super busy and lots going on, but apologized for the lengthy delay and promised to have the box finished this week.

Last edited by SuperLS7; 03-23-2015 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Mr. Hale promised it would be finished this week.
Old 05-13-2015, 11:45 AM
SuperLS7
Intermediate

Default wow...

It's been an ADDITIONAL MONTH AND a half since this post. And still haven't received my $450 zo6 box.

I've tried calling him, Email, hell...I even found him on ebay and sent messages to his ebay acct asking him to contact me. I even went a step further and asked him to send me whatever he had in stock so he didn't have to refund all of my money if that was the problem. And still nothing.

I ordered the $300 ZO6 box in JANUARY Of 2014! In MARCH, I finally got ahold of him and he convinced me to send him an additional $150 for the " Zo6 box with 12" sub upgrade." And like a dumb ***, I did.

So in total, it has been OVER 5 MONTHS!

DO NOT ORDER FROM HIM!

Originally Posted by SuperLS7
I ordered my "zo6 box" back in early January. This is mid March and have not heard anything from Dave.

Talked to him this morning, via email. He said he's been super busy and lots going on, but apologized for the lengthy delay and promised to have the box finished this week.

Last edited by SuperLS7; 05-13-2015 at 11:47 AM. Reason: pissed off, misspelled words

Quick Reply: Madvette Motorsports