Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

VBP Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 06:09 PM
Torqued Off
Le Mans Master

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,414 Posts
2022 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Default VBP Problem

Something is not going right with VBP (Vette Brake Products). I ordered a set of HD tie rod sleeves and a set of HD struts with Heim joints over three weeks ago. One week ago I called, and they were waiting on parts. I called them today, and same problem. SO, I cancelled the order. The guy made no excuses and basically hung up on me.

I guess I will have to find another source...any ideas?
Old 03-01-2016, 06:38 PM
ddawson
Le Mans Master

Received 598 Likes on 485 Posts

Van Steel?
Old 03-01-2016, 07:10 PM
313hitman
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i called and they said the 330# monospring was in stock before I ordered it. I immediately placed the order and paid using paypal. 22 days later i called about my item and they said they are delayed and will be another 6-8 weeks of waiting. I would cancel but i keep getting told they are worth the wait. fml
Old 03-02-2016, 12:22 AM
misery
Instructor

Received 113 Likes on 23 Posts

I ordered a pair of the 550 coil springs the first week of January. They finally shipped this past Monday (2/29).
Old 03-02-2016, 12:07 PM
HOOAH
1969/1971/1976 Coupes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Hmmm, this is strange because I have ordered a lot of stuff from them and have always had quick responses and parts shipping times.

Terry
Old 03-02-2016, 02:00 PM
Jebbysan
Dr. Detroit
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,892 Likes on 2,564 Posts

I e-mailed them over a week ago and got a confirmation.......
Still yet to hear from them.

Jebby
Old 03-02-2016, 06:10 PM
Torqued Off
Le Mans Master

They obviously have business problems that they need to fix if they intend to stay in business. I won't be calling them again.
Old 03-02-2016, 06:49 PM
DUB
Race Director

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,321 Posts

Originally Posted by iwasmenowhesgone
They obviously have business problems that they need to fix if they intend to stay in business. I won't be calling them again.
Something must be 'up'. As any business owner knows....you can have a solid reputation and ruin it VERY QUICKLY. NOT responding to customer inquiries is ONE WAY to ruin it all....FAST!

I am concerned because I have always got my parts very quickly being only 2-3 days travel time away...but IF they are slow on getting parts out.....that can screw up what I have going on....so if I need anything from them I will call and find out if I have to wait or if they are going to ship it out.

DUB
Old 03-02-2016, 07:16 PM
313hitman
Instructor

Originally Posted by DUB
Something must be 'up'. As any business owner knows....you can have a solid reputation and ruin it VERY QUICKLY. NOT responding to customer inquiries is ONE WAY to ruin it all....FAST!

I am concerned because I have always got my parts very quickly being only 2-3 days travel time away...but IF they are slow on getting parts out.....that can screw up what I have going on....so if I need anything from them I will call and find out if I have to wait or if they are going to ship it out.

DUB
thats my issue with them. I did call and they said it was in stock and that I would get confirmation in roughly 3 days for shipment. i paid them immediately and received confirmation within 2 days. it was after almost a month of waiting and me having to call them, for them to tell me there was a problem and i have to wait another 6 weeks.
Old 03-02-2016, 07:59 PM
Torqued Off
Le Mans Master

Default Bs

Originally Posted by 313hitman
thats my issue with them. I did call and they said it was in stock and that I would get confirmation in roughly 3 days for shipment. i paid them immediately and received confirmation within 2 days. it was after almost a month of waiting and me having to call them, for them to tell me there was a problem and i have to wait another 6 weeks.
There is no product they offer that should not be shipped in six weeks. The struts I wanted and tie rod sleeves are simple items. Heim joints that are commercially available....they don't manufacture them. Otherwise they are tubes with swedges and tapped ends. Not rocket science.

They must be in a business meltdown, or some financial issues. Its too bad, because they make good products, but what is happenning now is a spiral dive. They need to either step up or its over.
Old 03-03-2016, 07:00 PM
DUB
Race Director

YEP...the word 'meltdown' seems to be appropriate in this scenario. What a shame.

'313hitman'...if that happened to me...I WOULD be SUPER DUPER pissed off. Especially if I was not being notified and 'kept in the loop' and I had to keep contacting them.

DUB
Old 03-03-2016, 09:21 PM
vannmike
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DUB
YEP...the word 'meltdown' seems to be appropriate in this scenario. What a shame.

'313hitman'...if that happened to me...I WOULD be SUPER DUPER pissed off. Especially if I was not being notified and 'kept in the loop' and I had to keep contacting them.

DUB
This worries me dub. Planned on ordering 550 lb springs tomorrow, with intentions of getting them within a week. Any recommendations on who else to go through?
Old 03-04-2016, 05:41 PM
DUB
Race Director

Originally Posted by vannmike
This worries me dub. Planned on ordering 550 lb springs tomorrow, with intentions of getting them within a week. Any recommendations on who else to go through?
I would still call them and find out if it is in stock and can be shipped that day.

If you do not have a 'warm fuzzy' feeling when you do this...then I do know that many of the other major Corvette catalog companies that sell parts...sell the the SAME VB&P spring and you can get it from them.

Simply call them and ask if VB&P is the manufacturer of the spring they are selling. I know Ecklers sells VB&P parts

DUB
Old 03-04-2016, 06:34 PM
vannmike
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DUB
I would still call them and find out if it is in stock and can be shipped that day.

If you do not have a 'warm fuzzy' feeling when you do this...then I do know that many of the other major Corvette catalog companies that sell parts...sell the the SAME VB&P spring and you can get it from them.

Simply call them and ask if VB&P is the manufacturer of the spring they are selling. I know Ecklers sells VB&P parts

DUB
Thanks. I called vansteel today. Had em in stock, be here Tuesday. They said that they had heard about VB&p and not only with the c3s.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:19 PM
Dirty Dalton
Drifting

Received 776 Likes on 479 Posts
2022 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I notice VB&P are no longer shown as sponsor of the Tech section... I did just call and was told the item would be sent within 2 weeks of my order. Do I have reason to be as concerned as I feel?

Last edited by Dirty Dalton; 03-11-2016 at 12:20 PM.
Old 03-21-2016, 03:46 PM
Dirty Dalton
Drifting

Received 776 Likes on 479 Posts
2022 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

So, on 15 March I placed my order with John, at VBP. He said they were out of stock on some bits, but that I would have the items within two weeks.

The shipment arrived today via UPS, 6 days, almost to the hour, from when I placed the order. Yes, I am pleased.
Old 03-25-2016, 06:05 PM
313hitman
Instructor

i finally just received my spring....i ordered it feb 2nd. I'm happy with it, it looks great. i cant wait to install it and drive.
Old 11-03-2017, 07:31 AM
Dennis Tapp
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Old Thread but is there any more news about this company. I called yesterday to talk about ordering their full performance plus package for my 80. Was told they were out of stock and might have some next spring. A piece they have made will hold up having the kit. This scares me some, I know we are not a large market but that is the business they are in. I spent the afternoon looking at the coil over stuff from Van Steel. Before I go that complete other direction was wondering if there was more to the story? Dennis

Get notified of new replies

To VBP Problem

Quick Reply: VBP Problem