Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Bad Experience with GM Parts Direct

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 06:51 AM
probono
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 68 Posts

FWIW, I bought front and rear splash guards from GM Parts Direct (Flow Chevrolet, I believe) and they came in very sturdy cardboard boxes inside a larger cardboard box. No issues from my perspective.

Ken
Old 04-12-2016, 08:20 AM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,343 Likes on 1,094 Posts

Originally Posted by HOXXOH
GM partsdirect is a dealership in Winston-Salem NC, just like any other, except they also sell parts online for less than list. There are lots of dealers who sell online and they all have the exact same parts you'd get at the parts counter. Many will be in the original packaging how they received them. You certainly can't expect them to repackage the stuff that comes off their shelf that's already in a package.

All business has three basic tenets. Price, delivery, and quality. The seller gets to pick 1 of the three. Since in this case the quality is the same, you get to decide which of the other two is your priority.
That's it, in a nutshell. The "online sales department" walks into the parts department, takes a box of brake pads off the shelf, puts them in the box with the rotors, and ships them. Simple as that.

Want to be able to personally inspect THE BOX before you decide whether or not to purchase the pads.....then buy them locally!

Quick Reply: Bad Experience with GM Parts Direct