Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Whats up with DD Mods?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 11:06 AM
87SAM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 250 Posts

There have been a few threads lately concerning the same issues.

On 9/12, he posted this on his FB page: "We will be disconnecting our phone line and only offering email contact from here on out."

Below was a link to the FB page but I guess it is not working

Facebook Post

Last edited by 87SAM; 09-17-2017 at 11:08 AM.
Old 09-17-2017, 11:10 AM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

907Z06, unfortunately there has been a few of these threads lately. I know Dennis has gone through some family stuff, so I don't know if he is still struggling to catch up or if he has just thrown in the towel. Hopefully he can make right on all the guys still waiting on orders but you are definitely not alone.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...le-d-mods.html
Old 09-17-2017, 11:36 AM
ZO6 cracker
Drifting

Received 693 Likes on 404 Posts

I do most of my post in C5 section because I have a C5 Z06. But I do look at the other Gens. I did recently get a email from Dennis checking up on my interior mods. I placed my order in January. He said he shut off all phones. The only way to contact him is thru email. Also I'm still waiting for my stuff.
Old 09-17-2017, 12:33 PM
Turbo6TA
Race Director

Received 3,087 Likes on 2,078 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Well, I doubt that Dennis is vacationing on Mars or Jupiter ... However, that would explain his absence, but I am pretty much convinced that he is still here on mother Earth.

I don't understand why he can't take 5 minutes of his time to come here and at least explain what is going on.

It's possible that he does not have any access to the internet anymore .... Hospital or Jail stay?
Old 09-17-2017, 01:10 PM
449er
Race Director

Received 4,713 Likes on 2,998 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

I emailed Dennis about a head unit replacement & the associated wiring & he got right back to me, I had a positive experience with him
Old 09-17-2017, 03:40 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by 449er
I emailed Dennis about a head unit replacement & the associated wiring & he got right back to me, I had a positive experience with him
Was that recently, like in the last couple of weeks?
Old 09-17-2017, 05:16 PM
Oh Boy
Melting Slicks

Received 522 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo6TA

It's possible that he does not have any access to the internet anymore .... Hospital or Jail stay?
There is not ONE reason he can give for his absence other than being DEAD or in a coma (hospital). Jail? They do have phones and he could have called someone to post here to explain to his customers. Nothing he could say at this point would excuse his behavior.
Old 09-17-2017, 05:26 PM
907Z06
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DDMods???

Originally Posted by ZO6 cracker
I do most of my post in C5 section because I have a C5 Z06. But I do look at the other Gens. I did recently get a email from Dennis checking up on my interior mods. I placed my order in January. He said he shut off all phones. The only way to contact him is thru email. Also I'm still waiting for my stuff.
Z06 cracker, I am a C5 Z06 owner as well. This was the first thread I came across and did not do much dirt diving to see if anything else was out there to review. What are your thoughts, are you gonna stick it out, sounds like you have been hanging in there abit longer than I?
Old 09-17-2017, 05:39 PM
TomdaToolman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 168 Likes on 125 Posts

I'm sorry if Dennis is dealing with personal problems, stuff happens, but he definitely needs to man up and communicate with us in some way!

Until he does, DD Mods has been removed from my Favorites List, as well as CorvetteMods for their improper business practices. Crutchfields gets my recommendation, they are awesome!
Old 09-17-2017, 09:32 PM
ZO6 cracker
Drifting

Originally Posted by 907Z06
Z06 cracker, I am a C5 Z06 owner as well. This was the first thread I came across and did not do much dirt diving to see if anything else was out there to review. What are your thoughts, are you gonna stick it out, sounds like you have been hanging in there abit longer than I?
Hey, Sorry to respond so late. Very busy today. His email he sent me the other day he said that all my leather was being cut for my mods. Which is my door panels and glove and knee bolster. Also console. There are to post going on here in the C6 section about Doubledmods. I'm kinda of worried myself because you put down a deposit and have not received anything yet. My order was put in January. I don't think you have anything to worry about if you used a charge card because you just have to call your card company and let them know what is going on to get refunded. I'm just going to hold out a little longer. I know there are a lot of guys very unhappy on waiting for there stuff.
Old 09-20-2017, 03:03 AM
907Z06
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by ZO6 cracker
Hey, Sorry to respond so late. Very busy today. His email he sent me the other day he said that all my leather was being cut for my mods. Which is my door panels and glove and knee bolster. Also console. There are to post going on here in the C6 section about Doubledmods. I'm kinda of worried myself because you put down a deposit and have not received anything yet. My order was put in January. I don't think you have anything to worry about if you used a charge card because you just have to call your card company and let them know what is going on to get refunded. I'm just going to hold out a little longer. I know there are a lot of guys very unhappy on waiting for there stuff.
Thanks for the reply, I know that there are some that say "absolutely not', but I believe I will hold out, as well, a bit longer. I did purchase on a credit card and confident that if required I can recoup funds. There does not seem to be many options for C5s to install double din stereos and maintain a stock console, I am not a fan of the metra and losing the storage and drink holder cover. I am sure that I could do something myself as I have the necessary skillsets, time is an issue for me as I work away from home above the arctic circle for two weeks at a time and home for a week. However I am sure that even tho it was 60 here today, winter is right around the corner and Lilith will be parked until April, so now I have the time! Got a a full sound damping kit, two subs , amps and four mids with tweets install and only want to tear the interior down once! Thanks again for the reply and good luck to you as well. If you have any success I would appreciate a follow up, I will do the same,,,,,,
Old 09-20-2017, 07:25 AM
ZO6 cracker
Drifting

Thanks for the reply, I know that there are some that say "absolutely not', but I believe I will hold out, as well, a bit longer. I did purchase on a credit card and confident that if required I can recoup funds. There does not seem to be many options for C5s to install double din stereos and maintain a stock console, I am not a fan of the metra and losing the storage and drink holder cover. I am sure that I could do something myself as I have the necessary skillsets, time is an issue for me as I work away from home above the arctic circle for two weeks at a time and home for a week. However I am sure that even tho it was 60 here today, winter is right around the corner and Lilith will be parked until April, so now I have the time! Got a a full sound damping kit, two subs , amps and four mids with tweets install and only want to tear the interior down once! Thanks again for the reply and good luck to you as well. If you have any success I would appreciate a follow up, I will do the same,,,,,,
Sound good, Just hang in there. This is how I look at it. I believe he will get our stuff done. I know speaking to him there are times that customers want there stuff right away. It don't work that way doing custom work. If there is a line you need to wait your turn till your work is done. I had issues with my new seats this year I got from him and he took care of me. My bezel and my seats are all done in the car. Just waiting for the rest of my stuff. When I placed my order I told him I was not in a hurry because your putting a order in the busy time of the season. I hope the best for both of us. Thanks.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:49 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Originally Posted by geno01
Nobody wants to make a phone call anymore. Call and talk to the man!

sure the op will be fine

maybe todays trend of a post on a forum, a text to fb then complain thats not communicating.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:02 AM
907Z06
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by cuisinartvette

sure the op will be fine

maybe todays trend of a post on a forum, a text to fb then complain thats not communicating.
Tried phone calls, several, left respectful messages, thats all I am asking for in return,,,,,,I will try a phone call today as well! Trying to have the right attitude and give the man the benefit of the doubt,,,,

Last edited by 907Z06; 09-20-2017 at 11:03 AM.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:15 PM
Corvette_Ed
Race Director

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,801 Posts

Tried phone calls, several, left respectful messages, thats all I am asking for in return,,,,,,I will try a phone call today as well! Trying to have the right attitude and give the man the benefit of the doubt,,,,
Try e-mail instead. Another poster said he was contacted by Dennis, who indicated he is not taking phone calls atm, just e-mail.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:37 PM
ZO6 cracker
Drifting

Sent you a pm!!
Old 09-21-2017, 08:12 AM
Bruster
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

From the Double D Mods FB page, dated 09/12....

"We will be disconnecting our phone line and only offering email contact from here on out. We just had one person call here 35 times this morning while we were performing an install on a customers car. 35 times no voice mail no nothing. After picking up the phone on the 35th call (yes our caller ID keeps record of the total calls) we were bitched at for not answering and all this person needed was to help him with an install he purchased from AMAZON. Since this happens all the time and we are not AMAZON tech support we are making email our form on contact of which we will return calls when we are finished with our days installs and product build. I am sorry for doing this but today was the last straw for incoming phone calls. Thank you and please use email DENNIS@DOUBLEDMODS.COM for communications and we will reply back or call those needing a call".

Get notified of new replies

To Whats up with DD Mods?

Old 09-22-2017, 02:37 PM
907Z06
Heel & Toe

Default Been there done that!

Originally Posted by Bruster
From the Double D Mods FB page, dated 09/12....

"We will be disconnecting our phone line and only offering email contact from here on out. We just had one person call here 35 times this morning while we were performing an install on a customers car. 35 times no voice mail no nothing. After picking up the phone on the 35th call (yes our caller ID keeps record of the total calls) we were bitched at for not answering and all this person needed was to help him with an install he purchased from AMAZON. Since this happens all the time and we are not AMAZON tech support we are making email our form on contact of which we will return calls when we are finished with our days installs and product build. I am sorry for doing this but today was the last straw for incoming phone calls. Thank you and please use email DENNIS@DOUBLEDMODS.COM for communications and we will reply back or call those needing a call".
Thanks Bruster, been there done that, no replay, nada, zip, nothing. Turning off your phone is not the answer to an annoying caller, should have turned the phone off and listened to the messages left from folks like myself who left a message for him to please return call or contact regarding our orders. Very frustrating considering as stated he has caller ID and knew paying customers were calling,,,,,,

Last edited by 907Z06; 09-22-2017 at 02:38 PM.
Old 09-22-2017, 03:07 PM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Thanks Bruster, been there done that, no replay, nada, zip, nothing. Turning off your phone is not the answer to an annoying caller, should have turned the phone off and listened to the messages left from folks like myself who left a message for him to please return call or contact regarding our orders. Very frustrating considering as stated he has caller ID and knew paying customers were calling,,,,,,
Judging by these threads, it's more likely that it was his own unhappy customers calling non-stop about their unfulfilled orders and/or refunds. Regardless, no excuse to break off contact with your paying customers. It seems as though Dennis is looking to break ties with the forum at this point since there is no attempt at damage control.
Old 09-22-2017, 05:06 PM
907Z06
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by TorchRedFred
Judging by these threads, it's more likely that it was his own unhappy customers calling non-stop about their unfulfilled orders and/or refunds. Regardless, no excuse to break off contact with your paying customers. It seems as though Dennis is looking to break ties with the forum at this point since there is no attempt at damage control.
Just received an email from Dennis after canceling my order.

"I am going to be done with all corvette business soon and stick to our Jeep products. I don't have time anymore to mess with corvette stuff and making stuff custom too order anyways."

I think it goes without saying that I will not be doing business with DoubleD Mods and wish all who are still waiting best of luck, but would recommended bailing out while you have an opportunity to recoup your investment! Cause that ship is sailing!

(Edit)Oh, forgot to mention, I own a Jeep as well,,,,,,

Last edited by 907Z06; 09-24-2017 at 12:10 AM.