Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Double D Mods Instalation

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 04:26 PM
Rob 02
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 429 Likes on 398 Posts

Dennis had great service for a long time but it seems that he got out of the Corvette thing. He mentioned a death in his family then things changed.
Old 10-26-2017, 07:27 PM
lebeeby
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Dennis did mine last summer. Did a great job. I'm kicking myself for not spending a couple bucks more and getting the sirius antenna in it. But that's my own stupidity. He also stored the car for me for a month and cleaned up a "detail" that another shop did. Dropped me off and picked me up at the airport.
Old 10-27-2017, 04:45 PM
yarberrymt
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob 02
Dennis had great service for a long time but it seems that he got out of the Corvette thing. He mentioned a death in his family then things changed.
Is this true? Can anybody validate this?

(Or Dennis)
Old 10-27-2017, 05:23 PM
grantv
Le Mans Master

Received 535 Likes on 491 Posts

Originally Posted by yarberrymt

(Or Dennis)
I don't know if this is validation enough, but he is no longer a forum vendor... and if you click on the Corvette button on his site it gets you the bottom redirection.
Attached Images   
Old 10-27-2017, 06:57 PM
Rob 02
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by yarberrymt

(Or Dennis)
You can go to the help and feedback section and read the threads. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-feedback-153/
Old 10-27-2017, 10:34 PM
jdmvette
Night Owl for life
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,247 Likes on 1,668 Posts

yeah he had a stellar reputation for many years here but it all got flushed down the toilet. too bad.
Old 10-27-2017, 10:42 PM
Rob 02
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

It happens a lot in small business.
Old 10-27-2017, 11:36 PM
grantv
Le Mans Master

Received 535 Likes on 491 Posts

It happens a lot in small business.
Small, growing, medium, even larger companies can drop customers or product lines if it isn't working out for them.
A few years back I dropped a line of products (stereo racks etc.) from my small home biz, as it was simply interrupting my personal life too much.
At my day job (I'd consider medium at around $5M/yr) we've done the same. Sometimes things just don't add up.
I just hope DD didn't leave anybody hanging.
Old 10-28-2017, 12:13 AM
8VETTE7
Drifting

Received 1,818 Likes on 1,613 Posts

Originally Posted by grantv
Small, growing, medium, even larger companies can drop customers or product lines if it isn't working out for them.
A few years back I dropped a line of products (stereo racks etc.) from my small home biz, as it was simply interrupting my personal life too much.
At my day job (I'd consider medium at around $5M/yr) we've done the same. Sometimes things just don't add up.
I just hope DD didn't leave anybody hanging.
A quick tour through the half dozen or more threads about DD at the link below will show that he left a great many hanging:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-feedback-153/

And not just C5 owners
Old 10-28-2017, 02:25 AM
striper
Le Mans Master

Received 246 Likes on 215 Posts

I just don't get it. A couple of years ago when I bought my DD components from him he was great to deal with. I've got a Kenwood with all the current at the time features. I love the improvement in pleasure it has given my car. I haven't needed to speak with him for quite a while and then all of a sudden I see terrible reviews on how his business has gone down the toilet and he is saying all the Corvette people that gave him his start are a-holes and he's not servicing Vettes anymore. WTF? I can't figure out how he has changed so much, from good to very bad. It doesn't make sense but I'm glad I got my car done if that's the way it is. Maybe someday he'll get his head together and fix the mess that has created. Except most people won't probably have anything to do with him. And probably other car brand people when they hear how he screwed Corvette owners. I'm done!
Old 10-28-2017, 02:30 AM
Tsumi
Drifting

Received 357 Likes on 289 Posts

About two months ago I was considering sending in my bezel to have it modified. I didn't care for the Metra because I wanted the ashtray and cupholder covers. Makes me glad that I decided to go with the Joying single din route. Doesn't look as nice, but for less than the cost of the Metra bezel alone, I'm fine with it.
Old 10-28-2017, 02:36 AM
Rob 02
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Try Vettenuts.net. They do stereo too.
Old 10-28-2017, 03:56 AM
StrangelovesM6Vert
Le Mans Master

Received 144 Likes on 123 Posts

Try Vettenuts.net. They do stereo too.
I got my hand modded DD bezel from Marc in 10 days on his first run with no core required.

It was black and like 120 grit sandpaper so I repainted it to a dark graphite to match my interior.

He was working on having an oem style DD bezel made with steel molds

but I don't think they're ready yet.

Says pre sale 289.00

http://www.vettenuts.net/index.php?l..._detail&p=1764

Last edited by StrangelovesM6Vert; 10-28-2017 at 04:05 AM.
Old 10-28-2017, 09:53 AM
02BlownZ06
Drifting

Received 406 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by StrangelovesM6Vert
I got my hand modded DD bezel from Marc in 10 days on his first run with no core required.

It was black and like 120 grit sandpaper so I repainted it to a dark graphite to match my interior.

He was working on having an oem style DD bezel made with steel molds

but I don't think they're ready yet.

Says pre sale 289.00

http://www.vettenuts.net/index.php?l..._detail&p=1764
Ditto! Marc at Vettenuts was great to work with. I had Double Din bezel in a week and the finish matched closer than the Double D version I had. It sounds like Dennis was a great vendor but for his own reasons decided to discontinue vendorship and service to corvette owners. It's too bad, because I wanted to do a really nice custom bezel, leather wrapped or two toned but won't be anymore.
Old 10-28-2017, 12:19 PM
BlackSun!
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone get their bezel from VetteNuts yet? Been waiting since March..........
Old 10-28-2017, 08:24 PM
thodgen
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I purchased a Kenwood 7704S Head, with a modification of the Bezel by Dennis and Donna. Purchased in April, 2017. Still have not gotten delivery of the Camera from Dennis, even though it was promised to be delivered in late July in Writing. He doesn't respond to emails or phone calls. What started out as such a great experience is now completely soured. Buyer beware. Not getting delivery on a $200 camera that was paid for is really lousy business on his part. There is no shortage of Double Din Bezels out there, or businessmen that honor your business relationship and the money you pay for products and services. Heck, maybe Dennis will respond to this posting even and tell us what happened? In the mean time, I can't recommend him any longer.

Someone posted they have never heard a bad comment about this business. I didn't either when I bought my stuff, but I have found several postings recently that show he fails to deliver on paid product. Maybe bad financial times? Not sure. But the sour taste left in my mouth from this transaction is terrible. NOT GOOD!
Old 10-28-2017, 11:19 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

As stated in the other DD threads, he is no longer a Forum Vendor and will not be answering these threads.

Please move forward with this information.