7 Reasons to Get a Z06 Over a Z51
Without a doubt, a Z51 equipped Corvette is a lot of car. It’s capable of tearing up the track while still being a good car for some weekend cruising. And compared to the Z06, the Z51 wont empty all the contents of your wallet and bank account at once. You may have recently seen my colleague’s post supporting the reasons to get a Z51 over a Z06. But there’s a catch. The Z06 kicks some serious butt, and everyone knows it. So here’s seven reasons to get the Z06 instead.
- The Z51 has 190 less horsepower, or roughly what you’d find in a mid-size sedan.
- The Z06 comes standard with a lot of things you’d need to option up on the Z51.
- The Z06 has options you simply can’t get on the Z51, such as carbon ceramic brakes and 3 stages of aero tuning.
- The Z06 can be personalized with a dash plaque bearing your name.
- You can build the Z06’s engine at the Bowling Green Assembly Plant.
- Despite the hard-core performance intentions, you don’t lose out on comfort, safety, and convenience features with the Z06.
- You’d have the highest performing model in Chevrolet’s line-up, not a well-optioned lower model.
As you can see, it’s not all just down to performance. The Z06 is capable of everything the Z51 can do, and then some. I certainly feel that it justifies the higher cost. Now it’s time to figure out how to buy one.
Chime in with your thoughts on the forum. >>