C7 Corvette Quirks and Other Neat Discoveries
When we take a moment and sacrifice a bit of self-pride to pry open the owner’s manual that sits in the glove box, we are greeted with a wealth of information on many doodads within the C7 Corvette. But the confines of a hundred or so pages of post-consumer recycled paper won’t cover every feature. Some of us are too
lazy busy to read it anyway. A car must be driven and learned in a kinesthetic way for some owners. These folks are intrepid explorers, discovering the C7 on their own. And thus we get a Corvette Forum thread titled, “What have you discovered about your C7 that surprised you?” So far, several explorers of the new C7 have chimed in about the car’s unexpected little quirks and discoveries.
– Complete lack of buyer’s remorse
– NPP exhaust causes excessive rear tire wear
– NPP exhaust also is directly related to a drop in fuel economy
– Attention paid to the car makes wives jealous
– The clear top is friendly to bald/balding owners
– The red and blue OnStar buttons can be mistaken for a police car’s lights at times
– Your speedometer is accurate when in reverse
– There’s a mysterious yellow halo that surrounds the tachometer sometimes
There’s plenty more great insights in the thread, so check it out, then let us know if you’ve discovered any other quirks not covered by the owner’s manual!
Chime in with your thoughts on the forum. >>