Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2013 Nav System Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 05:51 PM
LJD51
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Eastern NC; Retired x 2 (US Army: 70-90 AD) (US Army: 91-16 DAC); yea, I'm old.
Received 76 Likes on 42 Posts

Default 2013 Nav System Question

Dumb question which I probably already know the answer but I have to ask.

I am close to picking up a '13 CG coupe that has the POS GM nav head unit which I do not intend to use for navigation (the GM nav in my '05 once tried to direct me into a lake) and will rely on my portable Garmin that has free lifetime updates.

I know the newer C6 stock nav units have Bluetooth for the phone and an AUX 3mm plug for external audio but although I suspect it's not possible, can it do Bluetooth audio streaming like my Hyundai SoNotA?

Confirmation of suspicions are greatly appreciated.
Old 06-17-2017, 11:44 AM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

To answer your question, no the stock unit is not capable of streaming music via Bluetooth. There are some after market products you can use to achieve desired goal, but I'm not sure what they are. I can only tell you that I have seen this come up a few times, usually on threads in the C6 general discussion, and people have offered up available options. I would suggest maybe starting a thread in the C6 section for more responses or doing a search for some additional information. Hope this was helpful.
The following users liked this post:
LJD51 (06-17-2017)
Old 06-17-2017, 08:01 PM
LJD51
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Eastern NC; Retired x 2 (US Army: 70-90 AD) (US Army: 91-16 DAC); yea, I'm old.
Received 76 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by TorchRedFred
To answer your question, no the stock unit is not capable of streaming music via Bluetooth. There are some after market products you can use to achieve desired goal, but I'm not sure what they are. I can only tell you that I have seen this come up a few times, usually on threads in the C6 general discussion, and people have offered up available options. I would suggest maybe starting a thread in the C6 section for more responses or doing a search for some additional information. Hope this was helpful.

I will look into the after market options and will use the aux plug to listen to Pandora via my iPhone until I can find a permanent solution...

Get notified of new replies

To 2013 Nav System Question

Quick Reply: 2013 Nav System Question