Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > General Corvette Topics > Audio/Electronics
Reload this Page >

Advice needed to Replace C6 Nav for Sony XAVAX3000

Notices
Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Advice needed to Replace C6 Nav for Sony XAVAX3000

Old 07-12-2019, 09:38 AM
Thmprr
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Advice needed to Replace C6 Nav for Sony XAVAX3000

Advice needed to Replace C6 Navigation Unit (tired of waiting for GM GPS time fix) for Sony XAVAX3000 head unit.
Being a basic audiophile, I need to know what adaption harness(es) to purchase, and any other information I can give to my New Zealand based installer.
I will be able to source any USA based parts if required, I'm asking this to prevent the likelihood of the unit being removed and preventing use.
I'm also taking this option to enable use of the European radio frequency system we use in New Zealand, e.g. 0.050 steps instead of the USA 0.2 steps, i.e. you use frequencies like 95.5, whereas we use any frequency between 87.5 to 106.5 odd or even steps.
I have been using the Navigation unit by way of a RangeRover DVD NZ Map disk, this still works, but has no time reference so can't work out journey time.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:29 PM
TorchRedFred
CF Senior Member

Received 508 Likes on 418 Posts

The most popular interface/wiring harness for a C6 is the Pac Audio RP5-GM11. Keep in mind that all C6's have a factory amp, so follow the same install directions regardless if you have the Bose system or not. The only other thing you will need is the Metra 95-3304 double din face plate. Also, it may be a good time to consider adding a backup camera as they are real easy to install with a new head unit.
Old 07-12-2019, 07:22 PM
Thmprr
CF Senior Member

Thanks, I note that the RP5 GM11 unit allows retention of Onstar, which is fitted to our Vette, but not available as a service in NZ, does that change things?
I will also fit a rear camera, as per your advice.
Best place to order, Amazon?
Old 07-12-2019, 09:14 PM
TorchRedFred
CF Senior Member

Received 508 Likes on 418 Posts

Originally Posted by Thmprr View Post
Thanks, I note that the RP5 GM11 unit allows retention of Onstar, which is fitted to our Vette, but not available as a service in NZ, does that change things?
I will also fit a rear camera, as per your advice.
Best place to order, Amazon?
The RP5 works with or without OnStar so no issue there. Also the RP4-GM11 is also another option for cars with no OnStar. I ordered mine from Amazon also.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:42 PM
Thmprr
CF Senior Member

Thanks, I have purchased the Sony XAVAX3000 head unit which fortunately was on special $150 off locally.
Also ordered the harness and the fascia from Amazon, should be in New Zealand by the month end.
I have a query re reverse camera, the units on sale here that have tracking have a video system of PAL, which is the TV system common for our region, will this work with the Sony head unit? I have asked the retailer but got vague answers.
Old 07-17-2019, 01:06 AM
madsonp
CF Senior Member

Received 173 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Thmprr View Post
Thanks, I have purchased the Sony XAVAX3000 head unit which fortunately was on special $150 off locally.
Also ordered the harness and the fascia from Amazon, should be in New Zealand by the month end.
I have a query re reverse camera, the units on sale here that have tracking have a video system of PAL, which is the TV system common for our region, will this work with the Sony head unit? I have asked the retailer but got vague answers.
This is from the Specifications section of the XAV-AX3000 owner manual. The way it looks to me, either PAL or NTSC will work. If you want to read the owners manual further, you can find it here https://www.sony.com/electronics/sup.../47393172M.pdf

Monitor section

Display type: Wide LCD color monitor Dimensions: 6.95 in
System: TFT active matrix
Number of pixels:
1,152,000 pixels (800 3 (RGB) 480) Color system:
PAL/NTSC automatic select for CAMERA IN terminal

Last edited by madsonp; 07-17-2019 at 01:09 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Advice needed to Replace C6 Nav for Sony XAVAX3000

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: