Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cage Progress

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 08:34 PM
Z06Tracker
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by goldeneagle_10
I would be confused on that one too... I'm trying to think of a situation where that would happen, but I've never seen it. I've seen them hold up double yellows and then take them down quickly to throw the green flag, but never have them both up at the same time. That would be conflicting directions wouldn't it?
Not only was I confused by the flags, I got caught in third gear. I saw the mustang coming and got on it, but had nothing on him being in third.

I have some decent video I hope to have ready this weekend.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:50 PM
Jason
Team Owner

CI 4-5-6-7 Veteran

Restarts look so easy on TV. I think I've been caught flat on my **** every time.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:44 PM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RX-Ben
Crash into a safety vehicle under yellow while at nationals....license suspended for a year.
Crash into the SouthEast TT director at Road Atlanta... lose your TT license for the rest of the year
Old 02-15-2012, 01:18 PM
Jason
Team Owner

CI 4-5-6-7 Veteran

Originally Posted by varkwso
Once again I do not concur with the flagging they use but it is their punchbowl.
If it makes you feel any better, Grand Am is still trying to figure it out too:

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...edural-reviews
Old 02-15-2012, 03:00 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason
If it makes you feel any better, Grand Am is still trying to figure it out too:

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...edural-reviews
I was there watching it and wondered how in the Heck anyone knew who was on first...
Old 02-19-2012, 03:19 PM
brkntrxn
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Here is a write-up I did on the engine oil cooler. Special Note: David Farmer is the one that did the A/C removal, cleaned the radiator and opened up the fan shroud on the car. His work helped me get through the second half of 2011 Time Trialing.

During the first half of the 2011 season, I struggled with oil temps in my 2003 Corvette Z06 with temperatures getting as high at 307* during NASA Time Trial races. After having the AC condenser removed, the radiator cleaned and holes cut in the factory fan shroud for more airflow, I was able to manage oil temps to 288* by running 3-4 hard laps in a session and then backing off and short shifting to the end or cutting the session short. In preparation for a move to wheel-to-wheel racing with the car in 2012, I turned to Alvin and the team at PCMforLess over the winter months to develop an engine oil cooler solution for my setup.

The kit Alvin developed is perfect. He created a modular bracket system that will allow for any size oil cooler to mount in front of radiator and A/C condenser. In a direct comparison to another market-available oil cooler kit, the brackets for the PCMforLess kit are MUCH sturdier and were tested to 4G with no failures. This is an important factor when considering the rigors of the environment in which the kit can be used.

For the first outing of 2012, I participated in a NASA Competition School, Time Trials and a Thunder Race all in the same weekend at Carolina Motorsports Park. During Time Trials, the highest engine oil temps were 232* while racing for the win on both Saturday and Sunday. During the Competition School Mock race on Saturday and the Thunder Race on Sunday, the highest temps I saw were 230* during the 40 minute race.

The direct comparisons show a 50-plus degree reduction in engine oil temps. What you cannot see from the numbers is the ability for me to run the car hard for the entire race. No more close monitoring of the oil temps, no more short shifting to let the engine cool, no more worrying. Thank you PCMforLess for the great kit!!!

-Kevin
NASA PTA/TTA #01
Old 02-19-2012, 06:57 PM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

I wanna see pics of these brackets. I like my DRM kit, but I had to zip tie the upper part of the cooler to keep it 100% stable.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:52 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by RX-Ben
true story.
I was there and saw it happen. It was a lot more complicated than what it sounds.

There was enough blame to go around for all the participants (flaggers, tow truck driver, corner workers, course directors) in that boondoggle to leave a layer 2 feet thick.

Quick Reply: Cage Progress