C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Pictures of the newest addition and collection

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 09:20 AM
Brian VH McHale
Melting Slicks

Received 291 Likes on 187 Posts

Very nice with many options.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:26 AM
Out There
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Outstanding cars! Thanks for posting. I don't understand why someone on this site would not want to see some great corvettes. Yes, there are problems out there but that is not what this site is about. Also,
try and avoid CNN.....
Old 12-23-2010, 09:27 AM
hedgehead
Race Director

Location: I'm not doing as well as I expected, but I never expected I would
Received 109 Likes on 96 Posts

CNN?? No wonder you don't have a clue. Bet you think Jon Stewart is a journalist.

Last edited by hedgehead; 12-23-2010 at 09:30 AM.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:31 AM
StingU2
Safety Car

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

A for the CORVETTES!
Old 12-23-2010, 09:47 AM
fuel-guy
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love the paint on the roaster!! wow what a shine!!
Old 12-23-2010, 10:46 AM
hzz
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by saraholt61
Stewy-I heard on CNN yesterday that 1 out of 7 people in the U.S. are on food stamps so I really believe this is not the time for anybody to flaunt their overconsuming habits.It just shows that certain individuals don t care about the less fortunate situation of others.I appreciate the fact that those less fortunate probably don t visit this site but most individuals who participate in the Corvette hobby are decent hard working stiffs who realize that they are fortunate to be able to afford just one vintage vette and do care about the financial situation in the U.S. where there is a greater differential between the extremely rich and struggling middle class. Therefore it bothers me to see people brag or show off what they are able to afford. Thats exactly what this guy is doing.I personnaly have several collector cars but I don t show them off on the internet. Why do people get pleasure in "sticking it in the face" of other less fortunate individuals.Whats your opinion?
Nice of you to put this guy down when you know nothing about him, other than he has some nice cars and posted them on a "Corvette Forum" for other Corvette members to enjoy.

He didn't post the pics on a "Homeless and Hungry Forum" to rub it in the faces of the less fortunate people in the world.

Do you know how much he does to help those less fortunate? Maybe he donates millions of dollars to charity. Maybe not. You have no idea.

If you are so concerned, sell off some or all of your "several" collector cars and donate it all to the homeless.

People like you are nauseating.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:48 AM
C-1 Generation 2
Melting Slicks

Received 61 Likes on 53 Posts

Great collection of cars!

Thanks for posting the pictures.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:15 AM
mscaggs
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You obviously get alot of pleasure bragging about how rich you are and how many nice cars you have-you sound like a really sincere and balanced individual.
This guy should never apologize for what he has. I'm sure he worked hard for everything and deserves what he has earned. I am so sick of people like you putting others down for their accomplishments. I get so offended when people like you tell me how lucky I am! Bull$h!t, I worked my a$$ off for everything I have just like this guy I’m sure. You think because he shows all of us Corvette lovers his beautiful cars that he is showing off, I say you are just like someone else we all know who want the “Spread the wealth”!
Old 12-23-2010, 11:18 AM
hzz
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by mscaggs
This guy should never apologize for what he has. I'm sure he worked hard for everything and deserves what he has earned. I am so sick of people like you putting others down for their accomplishments. I get so offended when people like you tell me how lucky I am! Bull$h!t, I worked my a$$ off for everything I have just like this guy I’m sure. You think because he shows all of us Corvette lovers his beautiful cars that he is showing off, I say you are just like someone else we all know who want the “Spread the wealth”!

Here's a great answer for the "you're so lucky comments":

I find that the harder I work, the luckier I get
Old 12-23-2010, 11:20 AM
mscaggs
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by hzz

Here's a great answer for the "you're so lucky comments":

I find that the harder I work, the luckier I get
That's right, I've used that a thousand times. And it's so true. I have zero patients for people who will bash someone because they happen to have nice things or a nice home. Hot Button for me...
Old 12-23-2010, 11:22 AM
62Jeff
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

To be fair to the OP, when he bought the convertible we asked him for pictures, which he provided with this thread.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:24 AM
mscaggs
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 62Jeff
To be fair to the OP, when he bought the convertible we asked him for pictures, which he provided with this thread.
Fair is when you work hard to get the fruits of your labor. The people bashing him remind me of a spoiled brat kid that whines because little Johnny got the new bike...
Old 12-23-2010, 11:29 AM
62Jeff
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Fair is when you work hard to get the fruits of your labor. The people bashing him remind me of a spoiled brat kid that whines because little Johnny got the new bike...
I agree fully, I wasn't taking any side other than yours when I wrote that.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:30 AM
mscaggs
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 62Jeff
I agree fully, I wasn't taking any side other than yours when I wrote that.
I know and thank you for saying that.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:34 AM
MasterDave

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

You obviously get alot of pleasure bragging about how rich you are and how many nice cars you have-you sound like a really sincere and balanced individual.
This is the CORVETTE forum, pics of Vettes are welcome and encouraged.

Last edited by MasterDave; 12-23-2010 at 11:42 AM.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:39 AM
hzz
Melting Slicks

You can't even enjoy the "fruits of your labor" anymore without someone trying to make you feel guilty for what you have accomplished in life.

It's not politically correct to do well. Everyone wants to bring you down to the lowest level. In their mind that is fair.

Well fair doesn't mean equal. Is it fair that someone who works their butt off should have half their income taxed away to pay for some lazy *ss who sits on a couch all day?

Without the "rich", where will all the bleeding hearts get the money for all of their social programs.

And who says everyone who owns a Corvette is rich? Maybe they don't p*ss their money away on crap...maybe they save up till they can actually afford to buy the car,foregoing other things like vacations,etc. How can you judge??

This whole topic and people like Saraholt make me sick.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:40 AM
mscaggs
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by hzz
You can't even enjoy the "fruits of your labor" anymore without someone trying to make you feel guilty for what you have accomplished in life.

It's not politically correct to do well. Everyone wants to bring you down to the lowest level. In their mind that is fair.

Well fair doesn't mean equal. Is it fair that someone who works their butt off should have half their income taxed away to pay for some lazy *ss who sits on a couch all day?

Without the "rich", where will all the bleeding hearts get the money for all of their social programs.

And who says everyone who owns a Corvette is rich? Maybe they don't p*ss their money away on crap...maybe they save up till they can actually afford to buy the car,foregoing other things like vacations,etc. How can you judge??

This whole topic and people like Saraholt make me sick.

Dang right

Get notified of new replies

To Pictures of the newest addition and collection

Old 12-23-2010, 11:41 AM
Blk63Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

There always gotta be one guy who takes a $h!t in the apple pie...Im glad RRG007 had the time to share pictures of his rides with us. I find nothing (wrong) arrogant about this..61Saraholt..Yes there is hunger, high unemployment, and recession (depression??)..I had to travel around like a Gypsy this year to keep working.. Why ? Simply the construction work in Tampa all but dried up..I guess I could have sat at home and b!tched and whined about how unfair life is...Remember the old saying...When the going gets TOUGH...The TOUGH get going..Those that are unemployed and off work STOP WATCHING TV AND PLAYING VIDEO GAMES!!! GET OFF YOUR ***!! and get a job...Deliver Pizzas, work on cars...WHATEVER..
America was founded by hard work and industry....

Last edited by Blk63Vette; 12-23-2010 at 11:51 AM.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:42 AM
62Jeff
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by hzz
And who says everyone who owns a Corvette is rich? Maybe they don't p*ss their money away on crap...maybe they save up till they can actually afford to buy the car,foregoing other things like vacations,etc.
Or maybe I live in Texas where my complete car collection and house, is worth about what a decent home in California would cost. I'm very proud that I've made decisions that - when combined with my low cost of living in Texas - allow me to enjoy some great cars AND give to charity.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:44 AM
70vert
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great group of cars you have there. Thanks for showing.

Quick Reply: Pictures of the newest addition and collection