C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

1966 Corvette 327/300 fuel pump replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 06:08 PM
Gmont
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1966 Corvette 327/300 fuel pump replacement

I have factory air and having difficult time getting old fuel pump off. I have removed passenger front tire, lower radiator hose, fuel filter and loosened A/C compressor. I finally got the front bolt off the fuel pump and having hard time getting to the back bolt due to A/C. I'm sure I will eventually get it, but not sure I'll ever get the new one back on. Any suggestions? Any secrets to ensuring pump lever is below push rod?
Also, Ecklers has a GM replacement, but do you know if fuel connections coming in and going out will be the same?
Old 07-06-2013, 06:16 PM
62Jeff
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Are you trying to access the bolt through the opening in the fenderwell?

That's how I accessed the bolts when I replaced the pump on my 65 a/c small block.

As for the push rod, are you using a long bolt through the front of the block to hold the push rod on place?
Old 07-07-2013, 10:37 AM
Gmont
Instructor

Originally Posted by 62Jeff
Are you trying to access the bolt through the opening in the fenderwell?

That's how I accessed the bolts when I replaced the pump on my 65 a/c small block.

As for the push rod, are you using a long bolt through the front of the block to hold the push rod on place?
I will checkout the fender well opening. Thx
Old 07-07-2013, 12:56 PM
Gmont
Instructor

Originally Posted by Gmont
I will checkout the fender well opening. Thx
It was a good suggestion for the front bolt, but still couldn't get the rear bolt. I finally got a box end on the rear bolt from underneath and after a 1000 turns, managed to get it off. Not sure I'll ever get it back on. The last fuel pump I put on was about 25 yrs ago when I had the engine rebuilt. Putting the new engine back in was a breeze compared to the fuel pump by itself. Thx for help.

Get notified of new replies

To 1966 Corvette 327/300 fuel pump replacement

Quick Reply: 1966 Corvette 327/300 fuel pump replacement