C3 crash

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 10:59 AM
Don Rickles
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 134 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C3 of Year

It would nice if life was easy, black and white. But, really there's not enough information provided by just this short clip. AND then we have those attorneys to screw everything up!

We rush to put the blame on another, when we don't know the complete story. Example, was one or several of the drivers under the influence. Is this one of those intersections that have two right turning lanes, I can't make it out? In any case, apparently this is a dangerous intersection, and some modifications are probably in order......

My wife took a quick look and blamed the vette driver.... It appeared to me that he was speeding. The truck driver was probably looking at the moron that sped past him, then started his right turn without really checking his mirror....Both, are wrong IMO.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:39 PM
PainfullySlow
Burning Brakes

Received 361 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by War Bonnet
It would nice if life was easy, black and white. But, really there's not enough information provided by just this short clip. AND then we have those attorneys to screw everything up!

We rush to put the blame on another, when we don't know the complete story. Example, was one or several of the drivers under the influence. Is this one of those intersections that have two right turning lanes, I can't make it out? In any case, apparently this is a dangerous intersection, and some modifications are probably in order......

My wife took a quick look and blamed the vette driver.... It appeared to me that he was speeding. The truck driver was probably looking at the moron that sped past him, then started his right turn without really checking his mirror....Both, are wrong IMO.
So, you are guessing that the C3 driver was speeding (that could easily be a 45mph zone) and are willing to place blame on it?

From what I see, the C3 driver was in his lane, going straight. Anything else is an assumption.

The truck driver turned right from a center lane, crossing the right lane. I do not have to assume anything. These are facts.
Old 01-08-2018, 03:29 PM
FINWOLF
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 106 Posts

That is why wife's should not drive It is very clear the truck was at fault. right turns from left lane is just wrong every where.

Last edited by FINWOLF; 01-08-2018 at 03:30 PM.
Old 01-08-2018, 05:02 PM
billcarson
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

oh no mr. FINWOLF what have you said!
get a url for an image
Old 01-08-2018, 05:36 PM
Don Rickles
Race Director

2017 C3 of Year

Originally Posted by FINWOLF
That is why wife's should not drive It is very clear the truck was at fault. right turns from left lane is just wrong every where.

That, I will hands down agree with!

Wait, should I be offended you mentioned my wife and that she shouldn't drive?.............. Nah, I find your post hilarious!

Listen, no reason for us to argue over a 41(?) second video, of a situation we don't have anything to do with....

What or who's at fault, will be determined by "the system"......It's not always cut and dry like we would like it to be.....People, lawyers, witnesses, etc. and any other BS can be thrown into car wrecks.

Guess, we'll never know the final judgement on this anyway. I really couldn't care less.

Shame the vette got bent, but as they say accidents happen.
Old 01-08-2018, 05:38 PM
Don Rickles
Race Director

2017 C3 of Year

Wait one more quick one, in Texas it is legal to make a right turn from the two right lanes if marked accordingly. I can't make out if this is the case here, the signs would facing away from the camera.
Old 01-08-2018, 06:29 PM
js1977
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have family in Cleburne and have even worked on a ambulance down in cleburne. People can be pretty special down there. That truck is at fault period.
Old 01-08-2018, 06:32 PM
hotrodnick
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I have to say no matter whose fault there's a whole lot of bad driving out there. I do feel qualified to attest. A young girl failed to stop and totaled our Fusion. So being a little shy at intersections one night a guy waited till I was a C3 length away from me to pull out(how can you not see headlights) I thought I was real close to losing the Vette. About a month ago a guy pulled out in front of me from a side street slowed down never looked and kept coming. Sheriff friend of mine was running lights at night! Guy hit him and said " I didn't see any lights"
Old 01-08-2018, 06:42 PM
Al T
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

"Wait one more quick one, in Texas it is legal to make a right turn from the two right lanes if marked accordingly. I can't make out if this is the case here, the signs would facing away from the camera."

If that's the case, I guarantee you one thing, the outside lane would not have the option to go straight or turn. they would be turn only. Numerous cars went straight through in that lane. I doubt it was a double right turn. Just to throw some fuel on the debate, the truck comes out of the parking lot of the business across the street............ I wonder if it was a bar.

Last edited by Al T; 01-08-2018 at 06:43 PM.
Old 01-08-2018, 06:45 PM
Don Rickles
Race Director

2017 C3 of Year

Originally Posted by billcarson
oh no mr. FINWOLF what have you said! [url=https://ibb.co/b8xdU6]]
It's all about "interpretation".

Last edited by Don Rickles; 01-08-2018 at 06:46 PM.
Old 01-08-2018, 08:02 PM
BLUE1972
Race Director

Received 1,124 Likes on 732 Posts

Almost totaled the DD today 3 times, it's a sign of the times.

1 : 2 turn lanes, me right , her left - 3rd car both, making a left turn. Light turns, we leave in a line of cars, she goes half way through the turn and decides she wants to go into the Parking lot on the right - makes a right turn - my other half still does not know how I missed her.

2: Parked at the curb (westbound) in her White Mercedes, I'm coming down the block westbound, 2 lanes in each direction - she makes a U turn in front of me, missed her by inches - other half still screaming.

3: My other half says go down to the turn signal (for left turn) it's been a strange day. I'm 3rd car at turn signal , 1 turn lane. Arrow comes on, lady in second lane (not a turn lane/ light still red for her)decides to make a U turn, missed her by inches.

This is normal, the truck didn't look / did not care and as usual a crash occurred.

Saw a BMW get creamed taking an exit on the parkway from the third lane by a car in the exit lane. Last Thursday.

No one cares they all think it's a video game until they get hurt.

Last edited by BLUE1972; 01-08-2018 at 08:04 PM.
Old 01-08-2018, 10:42 PM
FINWOLF
Melting Slicks

Wait one more quick one, in Texas it is legal to make a right turn from the two right lanes if marked accordingly. I can't make out if this is the case here, the signs would facing away from the camera.
when I seen your Avatar of Don I knew you would understand my joke. We also have double right hand turns where I'm from but not at that corner. looks like the red car slowed down when the truck was going to turn in front of him then he gassed it to get around the truck. The vette had no chance he was hit in the rear quarter. Just a shame the vette was hit.
Old 01-09-2018, 04:16 AM
Antz81
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 77 Posts

Was the truck in a lane? If he was then he was in the left lane out of three lanes. Vette was in the right lane.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:48 AM
Don Rickles
Race Director

2017 C3 of Year

when I seen your Avatar of Don I knew you would understand my joke. We also have double right hand turns where I'm from but not at that corner. looks like the red car slowed down when the truck was going to turn in front of him then he gassed it to get around the truck. The vette had no chance he was hit in the rear quarter. Just a shame the vette was hit.

You're showing you age.....

It's nice of you to post those words, too many, just don't get it! You know, those, opinionated, talentless, lazy, no good, good for nothing hacks.....

You know, we met years ago, maybe ten or more? It was at the Road Angels, Moravian Tile Car Show, not long after I got into the Corvette hobby. When I saw your car, I was blown away! It's not the typical slapped together, crap modified vette your more common to see! It would be welcome in my garage!

Cool to see you've held on to it through the years!

Mr. Finwolf, you have a great day!
Old 01-09-2018, 05:48 PM
FINWOLF
Melting Slicks

You're showing you age.....

It's nice of you to post those words, too many, just don't get it! You know, those, opinionated, talentless, lazy, no good, good for nothing hacks.....

You know, we met years ago, maybe ten or more? It was at the Road Angels, Moravian Tile Car Show, not long after I got into the Corvette hobby. When I saw your car, I was blown away! It's not the typical slapped together, crap modified vette your more common to see! It would be welcome in my garage!

Cool to see you've held on to it through the years!

Mr. Finwolf, you have a great day!
Wow That was a long time a go. I was there at that show 2017. maybe next year look for me say hi. Thank you for the good words on my car.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:51 PM
kdf1986
Safety Car

Received 63 Likes on 55 Posts

I also think the truck is at fault. They were trying to turn right from the left hand turn lane. Blinker on or not, they should have gone straight, or turned to get on the road they wanted. Not cut across the lanes at the light.

kdf
Old 01-10-2018, 08:52 AM
GregX1
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

I am not that sure the truck is responsibe.

Look at the BEGINNING: where he is coming from (is he allowed to do that?), he has no other choice.
Now he is turning, and the C3 is passing from the right, at quite high speed.

I really would not bet the truck is responsible.

Get notified of new replies

To C3 crash

Old 01-10-2018, 10:03 AM
scrappy76
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 68 Posts

The truck came out of a parking lot across the street into it looks to be a center turning lane. He looks to be attempting to turn into that gas on the right ans in doing so, he will have to cross 2 lanes going straight. The red car had actually slowed down and saw what the truck was doing but since the truck hadn't moved the red car sped up and passed him. The truck most likely did not look back to see if he was clear, and pulled in front of the corvette. It does not look as the corvette even tried to slow down.

The truck is at fault imo.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:39 PM
Torqued Off
Le Mans Master

Received 2,673 Likes on 1,408 Posts
2022 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I don't understand the debate about this....this is a no brainer. The truck pulled into the right lane planning to turn from a position not legally allowed. Why is anyone questioning this? Crazy.

And I am not supporting the Corvette owner simply because I am a Corvette owner. Nothing to do with that.
Old 01-10-2018, 02:17 PM
F4Gary
Le Mans Master

Received 776 Likes on 469 Posts
2018 C3 of Year Finalist
2016 C3 of the Year Finalist

Truck is at fault. Not a big loss though, wasn't a chrome bumper C3.

Quick Reply: C3 crash