Sponsored by:

Dub needs help

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 08:21 AM
Kacyc3
Drifting

Received 184 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Kie
From what I’ve observed on this forum I doubt dub would care what anyone on yelp would say about him or his business.

I mean that as a complement.
While that may be true a bad review could keep future customers from contacting him about work. I like to see companies that reach out to bad reviewers and try to resolve the issue in the review for everyone to see.
Old 05-01-2019, 08:26 AM
20round
Drifting

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts
C2 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

DUB was priceless help with me when i was restoring my 65. he walked me thru panel patching,gluing,seam filling, you name it! all done over the phone. i would email him a picture, 5 mins later he would call with the answer on how too attack the problem. my 65 turned out great, better then i ever imagined!
when i found my 68 DUB jumped all over it with me! again over the phone, what to do and not too do. because C3 stuff is put together differently! i did not know that! if i did not have DUB i would have tackled the C3 like my C2 and it would not have been right.. DUB is a wealth of knowledge, and the best part is HE IS A GOOD PERSON AND WILLING TOO SHARE THAT KNOWLEDGE WITH ANYONE IF THEY WANT TOO LISTEN TOO HIM....some day soon i will make the trip too his shop too thank him in person, he deserves that! ..TROY
The following 2 users liked this post by 20round:
74_stingray (05-01-2019), jr73 (05-01-2019)
Old 05-01-2019, 08:56 AM
caskiguy
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 843 Likes on 659 Posts

Posted right away
Old 05-01-2019, 09:47 AM
derekderek
Race Director

Received 3,388 Likes on 2,633 Posts

DUB don' need no steenking help. The review was an obvious racist rant. Dub's follow-up put him in his place. Nobody is gonna walk away from DUB based on that rant. One caution: all these reviews from too far away to have had work done by DUB could raise a red flag.

Last edited by derekderek; 05-01-2019 at 06:57 PM.
Old 05-01-2019, 09:49 AM
caskiguy
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 843 Likes on 659 Posts

Originally Posted by derekderek
DUB don' need no steenking help. The review was an obvious racist rant. Dubai's follow-up put him in his place. Nobody is gonna walk away from DUB based on that rant. One caution: all these reviews from too far away to have had work done by DUB could raise a red flag.
Character reviews count. And he did help me out.
The following users liked this post:
CanadaGrant (05-01-2019)
Old 05-01-2019, 10:27 AM
71 Green 454
Le Mans Master

Received 1,186 Likes on 650 Posts

DUB don' need no steenking help. The review was an obvious racist rant. Dubai's follow-up put him in his place. Nobody is gonna walk away from DUB based on that rant. One caution: all these reviews from too far away to have had work done by DUB could raise a red flag.
Just sign up on yelp using Dub's zipcode.
Old 05-01-2019, 11:19 AM
fastimes
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 464 Likes on 230 Posts
St. Jude Donor '19-'20-'21-'22

It's a disgrace that yelp would even allow that type of comment. It has nothing to do with the price or service received at the business. If this person believes this bias to be real, there are legal avenues to report such treatment.
The person that left that review is making a serious accusation, "yelp.com" is not the place to voice such an injustice.
I'm calling BS on the review, as an attempt to discredit Dub's business.
Old 05-01-2019, 12:30 PM
Stephen Irons
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 85 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Like so many of us, I've had some really great advice from Dub over the years. Based as I am, in France, Dub knows only too well that I'm unlikey to be able to meet him, or offer any reward for his efforts. Thanks Dub!

But, as someone has said, I sort of doubt he'll pay too much heed to some twerp on a review site like yelp, but hopefully he'll see the support shown here!

I'm afraid I never use those sorts of site like Yelp, Trip Advisor, Trust Pilot etc etc where reviews can be added by anyone, good or bad, with no guarantee that they have actually used the place being reviewed. I only ever read reviews that are verified and come from actual users who have purchased, stayed at, had work done etc at the business in question. Its a sad trait of modern society that these rubbish review sites actually make a living.
Old 05-01-2019, 07:48 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

DUB don' need no steenking help. The review was an obvious racist rant. Dub's follow-up put him in his place. Nobody is gonna walk away from DUB based on that rant. One caution: all these reviews from too far away to have had work done by DUB could raise a red flag.
This, may do more harm then good, intentions aside.
I dont know anyone who takes Yelp seriously.

Was my post on p1 deleted?

Last edited by cv67; 05-01-2019 at 07:48 PM.
Old 05-01-2019, 08:05 PM
CanadaGrant
Safety Car

Received 416 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by fastimes
It's a disgrace that yelp would even allow that type of comment. It has nothing to do with the price or service received at the business. If this person believes this bias to be real, there are legal avenues to report such treatment.
The person that left that review is making a serious accusation, "yelp.com" is not the place to voice such an injustice.
I'm calling BS on the review, as an attempt to discredit Dub's business.
I posted a review then filed a complaint against the guy with yelp. Below is what I got in response:

Hello,

Thanks for reporting Vito S.'s review of Corvettes Etc. We wanted to let you know that this review had already been reported to us by a user on Yelp, and that at that time our moderators decided to leave the review in place after carefully evaluating it against our Content Guidelines.

Business owners can address concerns or misunderstandings via their Business Account by posting a public comment or sending a direct message to the reviewer.

You can learn more about what we allow in reviews in our Support Center (http://www.yelp-support.com).

- The Yelp Support Team

Last edited by CanadaGrant; 05-01-2019 at 08:07 PM.
Old 05-01-2019, 08:47 PM
NONN37
Melting Slicks

Received 239 Likes on 198 Posts

Like I said yesterday, they will are hiding your reviews. Yelp is a scammy website. Anyone that knows to look up reviews usually knows this so they look for other places. like someone else mentioned youll notice the trend that people that post negative entire history is the same, they are just miserable people that have no life and compain about everyone because its obviously not them thats the problem /s.

Post your reviews on Google.

just do a search of yelp scams https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/biz.yelp.com

the reason they hide the good reviews is to scam and extort the owners out of money in advertising to help bump up their scores.

you can see out of teh 20 reviews only 7 still stand, for now,
these, in the last 24 hrs are already flagged. https://www.yelp.com/not_recommended...-etc-charlotte
Old 05-01-2019, 08:50 PM
NONN37
Melting Slicks

Received 239 Likes on 198 Posts

you guys are probably screwing up his yelp page with all this extra traffic and attention. Hopefully Dub doesnt start getting calls from yelp lol
Old 05-03-2019, 05:19 PM
Dt86
Safety Car

Received 482 Likes on 342 Posts

Review posted!
Old 05-03-2019, 07:29 PM
kanvasman
Melting Slicks

Received 794 Likes on 543 Posts

I kind of agree, that no matter how much we want to help, we might do more harm than good with all of our input. I had a bad review once ( not on yelp) from a customer and what I learned was that anyone that knew us, or of us, didn't care about the one review. It was obvious that the customer had the problem. Even if I am going out to dinner, and I read a few reviews and there is one bad one, like the soup tasted like dishwater, I really don't pay much attention to it. And if that one review kept away a customer, I guarantee that he would be a problem from the time he walked in the door. All the good karma that Dub has given us will undoubtably come back to him.
doorgunner (05-03-2019)
Old 05-04-2019, 12:00 AM
Lakeside49
Burning Brakes

Received 348 Likes on 192 Posts

All good points about the Yelp system controls. Really nice to see the widespread forum appreciation and "wagon-circling" for him. I have marked my calendar to enroll/post a favorable Yelp review for Dub in 34 days. Maybe consider a similar time-staggered approach yourself for our valued forum brethren. The misguided Yelper apparently tampered with the wrong fellow's livelihood....
Btw, I had my hopes up at first when I saw the "Dub Needs Help" header, hoping that it meant that he had published and was selling his C3 restoration & repair book that he is writing in his extra time.
Old 05-04-2019, 09:16 AM
Street Rat
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 529 Likes on 396 Posts

As all of you have stated, DUB is one hell of a good guy.
He has shared a lot of information here.
He has provided answers to me via PM on numerous occasions,
He is a book of C3 knowledge and will kindly share it with us.
You don't run into many guys like DUB ANYWHERE!

I will gladly support this credit to our Corvette Forum community.

Craig
Old 05-04-2019, 09:17 AM
Street Rat
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 529 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by NONN37
you guys are probably screwing up his yelp page with all this extra traffic and attention. Hopefully Dub doesnt start getting calls from yelp lol
F em

Get notified of new replies

To Dub needs help

Old 05-04-2019, 09:46 AM
1965markaccount
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Yelp is a scam. With our business we had some outrageous reviews. We contacted Yelp and were told that for a fee we could have the reviews removed or reduced when we told them the truth about the review. It was a customer that complained about the service. He was a whiny pain that was trying to get a free meal. When we would not comp his meal ( he had already finished the entire plate!) he started with the complaining demanding a refund and making a ruckus in the restaurant. We eventually asked him to leave causing more of a problem with him stating he was going to give us a bad review.

I have read most of Dub's post and have used much of his knowledge working on my own car. He is a stand up individual with the type of character most would be wise to emulate.
Old 05-04-2019, 05:22 PM
CanadaGrant
Safety Car

Received 416 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by 1965markaccount
Yelp is a scam. With our business we had some outrageous reviews. We contacted Yelp and were told that for a fee we could have the reviews removed or reduced when we told them the truth about the review. It was a customer that complained about the service. He was a whiny pain that was trying to get a free meal. When we would not comp his meal ( he had already finished the entire plate!) he started with the complaining demanding a refund and making a ruckus in the restaurant. We eventually asked him to leave causing more of a problem with him stating he was going to give us a bad review.

I have read most of Dub's post and have used much of his knowledge working on my own car. He is a stand up individual with the type of character most would be wise to emulate.
What you say might be true but people still read it, and more important, believe it. Most will probably see through the pathetic racial card thrown by the poster but I posted my review on there because it's true. It's also kind of hard for yelp to discredit your post when your ident and sig contain a pic of your Corvette....
I doubt very much DUB needs help from anyone but I think showing a little support for him and his business when some ignorant fool posts something like that is appropriate.

Last edited by CanadaGrant; 05-04-2019 at 08:27 PM.
1965markaccount (05-16-2019)
Old 05-07-2019, 12:24 AM
Lakeside49
Burning Brakes

Received 348 Likes on 192 Posts

I was able to leave a favorable review on Yelp yesterday for DUB. There were 6 or 7 others from 'us'. Bet 'we' can add more from folks here. Remember to copy and paste the above-provided Yelp link directly into your own browser search or address bar. Clicking on it here is someway disabled, but cut/pasting works perfectly.

Quick Reply: Dub needs help