Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dub needs help

Old 05-07-2019, 10:34 AM
Primoz
CF Senior Member

Received 78 Likes on 58 Posts
2017 C3 of Year Finalist

Why the heck are the good guys getting bad reviews?
The place where I bought a car from is using every trick in a book to sell a car and hide things and they have great reviews on google and other sites??!???
Old 05-07-2019, 12:41 PM
maj75
CF Senior Member

Received 80 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by midigike View Post
Yelp is useless, I can tell By Vito’s post that his car is probably a really POS and he is probably a big talker and want to be baller...
I friend of mine has a used car dealership and had a young Indian kid who came in with a “fast and furious” type customized car. Jeremy told the kid look, I’m not going to buy your car. I cannot market it to anyone besides some Asian kid with a small *****...
The Yelp review says he insulted my car and told me a have a small *****....flipping hysterical
Your friend is a jerk.
Old 05-09-2019, 09:19 AM
slammin
CF Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

My brother has one of the largest independent garages in the Dayton, Ohio area with hundreds of positive reviews on different rating sites. Occasionally someone will post a negative review that is totally bogus. Unfortunately there are trolls that make a practice of posting negative reviews against businesses. They live in their mother's basement and don't have a real life. If you check their other reviews you can see they are all BS!
Old 05-09-2019, 11:33 AM
vettebuyer6369

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 1,678 Likes on 1,056 Posts

Originally Posted by kanvasman View Post
I kind of agree, that no matter how much we want to help, we might do more harm than good with all of our input. I had a bad review once ( not on yelp) from a customer and what I learned was that anyone that knew us, or of us, didn't care about the one review. It was obvious that the customer had the problem. Even if I am going out to dinner, and I read a few reviews and there is one bad one, like the soup tasted like dishwater, I really don't pay much attention to it. And if that one review kept away a customer, I guarantee that he would be a problem from the time he walked in the door. All the good karma that Dub has given us will undoubtably come back to him.
But just to be fair, online reviews are not for “anyone who knew us, or of us.” Those people don’t read reviews before choosing a business or restaurant. They already know about that one.

My wife and I travel a great deal, and when in a new city we routinely use TripAdvisor for input on a new spot to visit. Now, anyone with a brain knows that there will be a % of reviews that are terrible, placed by business competitors or someone who doesn’t like the owner’s politics. As well, there’s another % of glowing 5 star reviews placed by the owner’s Mom and Uncle Freddie.

Sites like TripAdvisor, with a large sample size of reviews on a business, can be useful when you drop off the top and bottom 10% of reviews and read some of what’s in the middle. Someone who doesn’t go to a business over one extreme review probably isnt spending much money at businesses in the first place.

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 05-09-2019 at 11:34 AM.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:46 PM
Lakeside49
CF Senior Member

Received 161 Likes on 97 Posts

All the philosophy comments are interesting, well & good - but, what about translating it into a tangible, positive Yelp review for DUB as per the O/P's appeal for our good forum brethren.
The following users liked this post:
Street Rat (05-11-2019)
Old 05-13-2019, 11:33 AM
Street Rat
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 311 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by Lakeside49 View Post
All the philosophy comments are interesting, well & good - but, what about translating it into a tangible, positive Yelp review for DUB as per the O/P's appeal for our good forum brethren.

Done
Lakeside49 (05-13-2019)
Old 05-14-2019, 09:36 PM
cuisinartvette
CF Senior Member

Received 1,223 Likes on 1,120 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

I tihink Yelp is hoping customers will share their experience not their buddys turning it into a FB "we like dub" thing. Could be interpreted as him asking others to do this for him, dont want that.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:02 AM
DaveL82
CF Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

People still use Yelp?
Old 05-15-2019, 11:19 PM
bmans vette
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 271 Likes on 248 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13, '15- '16-'17-'18-'19

Just posted another thumbs up for Dub.
The perp who posted the BS review is a blatant example of why the race card being the first thing pulled hurts real race relations.
Anyway......good luck Dub overcoming this.
A slap in the face like that has got to hurt to a nice guy like you Dub.
Try not to dwell on it......

Peace my friend.
Bman
Lakeside49 (05-15-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 11:25 PM
Lakeside49
CF Senior Member

Received 161 Likes on 97 Posts

An exemplification of Georgia'n class.
bmans vette (05-16-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dub needs help

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: