C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what the hell just happend?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 07:32 PM
another-user
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

ok, updates on this thing.

we just took the car out for a drive and really beat on it. sharp figure 8's, fish tailed left and right side, complete 360s in both directions.

except for takeing a little longer then it should have to warm up, everything was fine. car handled fine, ran fine once it warmed up, never clunked or made an odd noise.

the oil is dirty but not milky, but there is a slight drip. nothing terrible though, just something to keep an eye on. were not sure but my dad thinks the drip may be comeing from the front of the oil pan. (used that rotella T in it this year, says its supposed to have more detergents in it and help clean the engine. i would say it worked)

anyways, were not going to worry about things too much right now. the cars only going to have insurance on it till the 1st of november. with how weather looks for the next 2 weeks, ill be lucky if we get 1 nice day out of it.

when it goes into storage, im hopeing to get a ton of work done on it this year.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:15 PM
sdonnelly
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would take a look at the lower A-arm mounting points. They're bad about breaking and it's easy to overlook, if you're not looking for it, until they really let go.

[IMG][/IMG]

Quick Reply: what the hell just happend?