C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

YearOne CT350PC1 Crate Engine Install

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 05:09 PM
mkrt1973
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions

I posted 2 questions above your comments.
Can you give any insight on these?

Originally Posted by vettfixr
Back to the topic of timing marks. I would recommend not going with a timing tape. The easiest way to get timing marks is to get a cover for the balancer. I have one on my engine and it works just fine. It also provides correct timing marks even if the outer hub slips. Summit has them for around $28. Here's a link.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PRO-66518CC/

Old 07-18-2010, 03:58 PM
barkingowl
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

We're on our 2nd CT350PC1 engine. The first one had some problems. It was sent back to the factory & replaced with a new one under warranty. Could someone tell me what gaskets you use for the Vortec heads?
Old 07-27-2010, 07:37 AM
MrJlr
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Any updates ???
Old 12-26-2011, 06:16 PM
TedH
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by gotahavit
Will you give me the whole part numbers you are looking at?

We have recently started a new catalog called YearOne Speed Shop, and we are using a different part number system for this catalog. So you may be looking at two diff part numbers in two different online catalogs that are the same part.

We started the new part number format for the Speed Shop catalog so we could use the vendors part numbers. That way it will be easier for customers to find these parts in our catalogs/website.

If any of you here need a YearOne Corvette catalog and/or the new Speed Shop catalog just give us a call and we will get them out to you.

1-800-YEARONE
I have an '80 L48, stock hood, q-jet carb and air cleaner. Would like this engine (350, 400hp, 2-piece main seal, vortec heads) if it accommodates the stock '80 L48 hood, q-jet carb and stock air cleaner without issues. What intake is recommended for this engine in a C3 without alternate air cleaner and using a quadra jet carb?

Quick Reply: YearOne CT350PC1 Crate Engine Install