C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

L88 hood and cabin heat question

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 11:58 PM
Gale Banks 80'
Melting Slicks

Received 390 Likes on 316 Posts

I think some Duct Tape and Cardboard and a trip around the block will quikly answer Your question of wether this will do anything or not.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:29 AM
7dSHARK
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C6DuffMan
Please let me know how this turns out. While I would like to do the air box, a plate would be a quick fix for the heat problem. How are you planning on attaching or bonding it?
Have not done anything lately 'cause it's too hot. will keep you updated. it's not real easy 'cause there are subtle compound curves and as you know it has to seal. Thinking about shoving a POOL NOODLE in there if it's big enough just to see if it is going to be worth the effort. Was really hoping that someone had already done it. Someone on this forum posted pictures a while back where he made his own cold air box out of fiberglass and a spare air cleaner base that was independent of the hood. It would prevent hot air from getting to the cowl area. If you find it you will see what I am talking about. If I find it I will post.

Quick Reply: L88 hood and cabin heat question